• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Breaking] Old Fart finally retires!

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: Old Fogey Fergie Confirms Retirement

It's confirmed. I heard it from my PRC gf that Moyes will be MUFC's new manager.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wondering if Leighton Baines will follow Moyes to Old Trafford..... Evra is at his peak, probably another few good years for him.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Wondering if Leighton Baines will follow Moyes to Old Trafford..... Evra is at his peak, probably another few good years for him.

Peacock won't be returning. MU really needs to shore up their midfield. Their midfield really cui....

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Peacock won't be returning. MU really needs to shore up their midfield. Their midfield really cui....

KNN, you got the news from Yahoo si boh?:p

LONDON (Reuters) - David Moyes will leave Everton at the end of the season and has confirmed his desire to succeed Alex Ferguson as Manchester United manager, Everton said on Thursday.

Moyes, who has been at Everton for 11 years, is favourite to become United's manager following Ferguson's decision to retire at the end of the season after winning two Champions Leagues, 13 league titles, five FA Cups in more than 26 years at Old Trafford.

"The manager met chairman Bill Kenwright early yesterday evening and confirmed his desire to join Manchester United," Everton said in a statement on their website (www.evertonfc.com).

"The chairman, on behalf of the club, would like to place on record his thanks to David for the massive contribution he has made to Everton since his arrival in March 2002.

"He has been an outstanding manager."

Moyes, whose contract expires in a few weeks, will remain in charge for Everton's final two Premier League games of the season against West Ham United and Chelsea.

United have not confirmed whether Moyes will be their first new manager for 27 years. Local media reported that the club's Facebook page had accidentally announced his appointment but has since deleted the page.

While Moyes shares the steely glare, work ethic and Scottish accent of Ferguson, he has none of the trophies.

The closest he came to silverware with Everton was the 2009 FA Cup, in which they lost 2-1 to Chelsea in the final having taken a first-minute lead.

He is also a Champions League novice, having only once guided Everton to a place in Europe's elite competition although they never reached the group stage, going out 4-2 on aggregate to Villarreal in the third qualifying round in 2005-06.

While the world awaits confirmation of what looks like an inevitable appointment, the focus on Merseyside will shift to filling their own vacancy.

Wigan's Roberto Martinez is among the early front-runners but the Spaniard said on Thursday his focus was on his club's battle for Premier League survival and Saturday's FA Cup final against Manchester City.

Others being touted by local media are Swansea City manager Michael Laudrup, Celtic's Neil Lennon and retiring club captain Phil Neville. Former Manchester City and Queens Park Rangers manager Mark Hughes has also expressed an interest.

"Everton officials will start the search for a replacement manager immediately," the club statement said.

Moyes will be a tough act to follow after creating a period of stability at Everton, with four top-six finishes in his time at the club and a knack for creating competitive teams with only modest resources.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Benitez can take over Everton and really piss off the Liverpool fans. :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I will never forgive this guy for what he did to QPR this season. I hope he ends up managing Blackburn in the Championship:mad:

LOL, fuck QPR. Shitty little club. I was delighted when its relegation was confirmed.

And Tony Fernandes is an idiot who thinks buying the rejects from other clubs is a good idea. :rolleyes:

Now watch QPR financially implode as the expensive wage bill becomes unsustainable in the Championship.

QPR, please don't come back up again. Get further relegated to League One or League Two.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

To be honest, I think Fernandes got f**ked over by his advisors, managers, Philip Beard, footballing agents etc. He has already admitted as much in an interview with BBC Sport. His biggest problem was that he knew nothing about how to run a EPL club and had to rely on others for help.

He has admitted pissing away almost £50m (RM 230m) of his own money on the club. Still relative peanuts when his net worth is around US$ 1.2bn but an expensive lesson.