• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking News: QPR Sack Mark Hughes

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
even before Mark Hughes managed his very 1st game as manager, i knew he's not smart enough................kana sacked by how many clubs liao.......

same goes for Steve Bruce, Paul Ince, Bryan Robson, Peter Reid and Roy Keane...........all my predictions all came true..........
At one time, Mark was touted as Fergie's successor at MU

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He should have been sacked at least 3 weeks ago.
This should be a good, if somewhat expensive lesson for Fernandes.
Mark Hughes must be laughing all the way to the bank with his £5m pay off.

Big question is can Redknapp or his successor save the Rs from relegation?

jw5

Loyal
He should have been sacked at least 3 weeks ago.
This should be a good, if somewhat expensive lesson for Fernandes.
Mark Hughes must be laughing all the way to the bank with his £5m pay off.

Big question is can Redknapp or his successor save the Rs from relegation?

QPR have some good players, like Granero, Taraabt, Hoilett, Faurlin, who just may be able to play well enough to save them.

Unfortunately, the current lot of defenders are poor and the strikers are horribly off form.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alan Curbishly, formerly manager of West Ham and Charlton. Now still a regular pundit on TV.
He's quite a good manager actually, surprised no club has taken a chance on him.
But there could be 2 reasons: firstly, he may not be willing to manage below the premier league, and secondly, he left under some acrimony while at West Ham.

Curbishly was offered a job after he left West Ham by a mid-table club (thereabouts) and I agree he's a good manager. If Tony is looking for a good manager and quiet achiever, then this is the man.

I'm not surprise at all that Hughes got the sack but I dun know why it took Tony so long to decide. Hughes should take a step back and assist someone else for a change. When Mancini took over the reigns at City, you could instantly see the change. Hughes is just not cut out for the managerial role.

jw5

Loyal
Curbishly was offered a job after he left West Ham by a mid-table club (thereabouts) and I agree he's a good manager. If Tony is looking for a good manager and quiet achiever, then this is the man.

I'm not surprise at all that Hughes got the sack but I dun know why it took Tony so long to decide. Hughes should take a step back and assist someone else for a change. When Mancini took over the reigns at City, you could instantly see the change. Hughes is just not cut out for the managerial role.

Which club offered Curbishly a job and why didn't he accept?
It was reported that after Wolves sacked Mick McCarthy last season , they discussed with him about an interim job till the end of the season, but he may have declined.

Tony may have taken longer than he did because just a few weeks ago on espnsportscentre, Steve Dawson asked him whether Mark Hughes would at least manage until the end of the season and after a pause, Tony replied "Yes."
He has also been really committed to Hughes until recently, the defeat at home against Southampton was probably the final straw.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unfortunately, the current lot of defenders are poor and the strikers are horribly off form.

Bobby Zamora is out for at least 3 months and Djibril Cissé isn't exactly firing on all cylinders. But if anyone can turn it around, Harry can.
He has proved it at Spurs.

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which club offered Curbishly a job and why didn't he accept?
It was reported that after Wolves sacked Mick McCarthy last season , they discussed with him about an interim job till the end of the season, but he may have declined.

Tony may have taken longer than he did because just a few weeks ago on espnsportscentre, Steve Dawson asked him whether Mark Hughes would at least manage until the end of the season and after a pause, Tony replied "Yes."
He has also been really committed to Hughes until recently, the defeat at home against Southampton was probably the final straw.

I can't remember the club but it is definitely not Wolves. He took a sabbatical just as Martin O'Neil did and I guess its probably due to burnout more than anything else. He's a wily tactician and everytime he comes up against his old pal Ferguson, he will outwit that old fart. There's a lot to like about Curbishly and someone ought to tell him to get out of that ESPN studio and take on a real job where his skills are most needed.

Tony may have gone ballistic after his Air Asia operations in his homeland was given only a 6 month extension instead of 2 years. I guess the sacking of Mark Hughes can be considered collateral damage. I am sure Tony must have spoken to some of the people on and off the field before deciding to pull the plug on Hughes.Kamikaze football will not save QPR for sure.

That aside I thot Tony should consider (besides Redknapp and Curbishly) Gareth Southgate and possibly Chris Coleman. Any of these guys are good enough to lift QPR off the bottom 3.

mulvi74

Alfrescian
Loyal
They will stay up. And Redknapp will laugh in Daniel Levy's face for the most stupid sacking of all time when he was replaced that incompetent idiot AVB

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, he has the midas touch. Also, able to galvanise his players and the ability to turn so-so and out-of-form players back to their best.

Harry Redknapp was a proven disaster at West Ham even when they had many young talented players and still got relegated twice i think.......................

he then got lucky by saving Portsmouth......................

he got even luckier at Spurs when the owner decided to start spending money after being a miser for so many years.......................even then, Redknapp tried to copy Barcelona by buying midfielder after midfielder......................overloading the midfield while doing little to improve attack or defence

Last edited:

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Redknapp is an overrated manager. Any twit (except Mark Hughes) can win games by spending lots of money on buying players. He will improve QPR's league standings but only because QPR is plain shite and cannot get any worse. Good chance of QPR getting relegated though.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Harry Redknapp was a proven disaster at West Ham even when they had many young talented players and still got relegated twice i think.......................

You got your facts wrong. West Ham was never relegated during Redknapp's tenure.

According to wikipedia -
in August 1994, the board decided to turn control of the team over to Redknapp and move Bonds into an administrative role. In the end, Bonds resigned completely from the club, leaving Redknapp in sole charge.

Just months before being promoted to the manager's seat at Upton Park, he was linked with the managerial vacancy at Southampton after the departure of previous manager Ian Branfoot, but the job went to Alan Ball instead.[27]

Redknapp helped to establish the club in the Premier League and introduced a number of young players from the club's academy, including Rio Ferdinand, Joe Cole, Michael Carrick and his nephew Frank Lampard coming through the ranks. The signings of Stuart Pearce, Paolo Di Canio and Trevor Sinclair helped them reestablish their careers having been signed by Redknapp. He also made mistakes in the transfer market particularly with overseas players, the signings of Marco Boogers, Florin Raducioiu and Paulo Futre proving to be notable failures.[28]

Nevertheless, West Ham finished eighth in 1998, and then enjoyed their second best ever top flight finish of fifth place and qualification for the Intertoto Cup. In the 1999–2000 season West Ham won the Intertoto Cup and qualified for the UEFA Cup but failed to match their performances in the league, which could be put down to the extra games played. Redknapp left West Ham on 9 May 2001, one game before the end of the 2000–01 season.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ferguson hails Park ahead of reunion
Park Ji-sung is guaranteed a warm reception at Old Trafford - even though QPR fans feel he is one of the reasons why their club are in such trouble.
The South Korean spent seven seasons at Manchester United before moving to QPR on big-money during the summer.
Mark Hughes even made Park captain, so convinced was he by the midfielder's energy levels and work ethic, which it was thought would have a major influence on the Londoners' rise up the top flight.
Instead, Park has been a major disappointment.
Fans were critical of the 31-year-old's performances, and he has been absent for the last month due to a knee injury.
However, United manager Sir Alex Ferguson does not feel that will have any effect on the reception Park will get on Saturday given his contribution to four Barclays Premier League titles and three appearances in the Champions League final.

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item896791/Ferguson-hails-Park-ahead-of-reunion/
*************************************************************************************************************

Agree that the first mistake Hughes made was to make Park the captain. The old boys will resent the idea of the Korean walking in and taking on the captaincy. Second, for the most part of the season, he may only play less than 50% of league and cup games which begs the question why did Hughes put him up for captaincy. At best, he should only be made vice captain.

Hughes ought to have known he's dealing with a bunch of lazy bunch of idiots with poor work ethics and changing that culture will take time. Fans and players may also perceived that the 'Asian ownership' of the club is likely to see them relegated rather than stay in the premiership-Birmingham and Blackburn comes to mind.

QPR should not kid themselves. It boils down to their farking attitude!!!

jw5

Loyal
Agree that the first mistake Hughes made was to make Park the captain. The old boys will resent the idea of the Korean walking in and taking on the captaincy. Second, for the most part of the season, he may only play less than 50% of league and cup games which begs the question why did Hughes put him up for captaincy. At best, he should only be made vice captain.

Hughes ought to have known he's dealing with a bunch of lazy bunch of idiots with poor work ethics and changing that culture will take time. Fans and players may also perceived that the 'Asian ownership' of the club is likely to see them relegated rather than stay in the premiership-Birmingham and Blackburn comes to mind.

QPR should not kid themselves. It boils down to their farking attitude!!!

Park has had a poor season so far. As for being made captain, frankly Hughes didn't have many good choices either. Perhaps only Ryan Nelson who's also a new recruit.

Taraabt used to get into trouble with Neil Warnock for punctuality and other disciplinary problems. Hughes could have been more lax in this aspect, which may have caused some dressing room resentment and dissent. They have some really good players but perhaps some elements of leadership and professionalism are lacking.

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ha ha ha Inter Milan! Don't play play! :biggrin:

julio_cesar.jpg

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They have some really good players but perhaps some elements of leadership and professionalism are lacking.

Agreed. Their problems have always been one of discipline and attitude. The quality of their players is more than sufficient to keep them in the PL (Cesar, Granero, Bosingwa are all quality signings). I think Redknapp can make these player gel into a effective team and convince a lot of the fans that their not just turning up to collect their pay-check every Saturday.

Judging from the response on Facebook and Twitter, fans seems pretty positive about his appointment.

Still think they will be hard pushed to get a result at Old Trafford tonite...:biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Agreed. Their problems have always been one of discipline and attitude. The quality of their players is more than sufficient to keep them in the PL (Cesar, Granero, Bosingwa are all quality signings). I think Redknapp can make these player gel into a effective team and convince a lot of the fans that their not just turning up to collect their pay-check every Saturday.

Judging from the response on Facebook and Twitter, fans seems pretty positive about his appointment.

Still think they will be hard pushed to get a result at Old Trafford tonite...:biggrin:

Darren Fletcher starts his first BPL game of the season for Man Utd.

Mark Bowen, Hughes' assistant, has selected Clint Hill for Ferdinand and Shaun Derry for Diakite.
Granero on the bench, surprising.
Probably first and last game for Bowen, before Harry brings in Joe Jordan, Clive Allen, Kevin Bond, etc...............