• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking News!Pastor Kong Hee And Pastors Arrested And Charge!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is his name at birth. He is Indonesian and has been in Singapore secondary, left for a while then came back again.

If I remembered correctly, Kong Hee has Indonesian blood too. Father/Grandfather is rich and has a deaf brother. His childhood is not as hard/ difficult as some of his dumb followers believe in.

Then his Indonesian father is equally deluded. Zulkarnain is definitely not an original Indonesian family name. Similar to Lim Sioe Leong who gave himself the Indonesian family name "Salim".

Last edited:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]PAP hands out ‘olive branch’ to CHC: It is ‘understandable’ for the church to support its leaders[/h]Posted by temasektimes on June 29, 2012
The PAP government appears to capitulate from intense pressure and lobbying from City Harvest Church (CHC) members following its latest press release yesterday that it will stand by its founder pastor Kong Hee and four other members who were charged on Wednesday for misusing the church’s funds.
In a strongly worded statement, CHC also expressed ‘disappointment’ that the Commissioner of Charity has implemented the suspension of its members without prior notice:
“We have been co-operating with COC for two years since the start of the case, so these sudden suspensions came as a surprise to us.”
Speaking to queries from the media, Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Community Development, Youth and Sports Sam Tan, said the City Harvest Church members’ support for their leaders is ‘understandable’ without condemning them for their ‘rowdy’ behavior outside the Subordinate Courts on Wednesday.
About 200 CHC members gathered outside the Subordinate Courts to ‘protect’ Kong Hee from the media circus and a scuffle reportedly broke out between them and some journalists.
Under the new Public Order Act, an assembly of one person or more is illegal and the police has the power to arrest the offenders on the spot. While the police was quick to arrest SDP supporters protesting outside the Manpower Ministry and CPF Board, no police was present to control the CHC members at the scene, thereby making a mockery of Singapore laws.
“It is understandable, that there will always be supporters to the leaders, and it is also completely understandable for them to express their support to their leaders. And it is also completely understandable for people who hold different views, to also express such views,” Sam Tan said in response to queries from the media.
Kong Hee is represented by PAP MP for Moulmein-Kallang GRC Edwin Tong. According to unverified rumors circulating on the internet, a few ministers and MPs are members of CHC as well.

52933115-lee-hsien.jpg

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]My unpleasant experience at City Harvest Church after being brought there by a female friend[/h]Posted by temasektimes on June 29, 2012
My background: this was in 2000 ish, I was in a pre-u school and one of my classmates was (don’t know how she is now) a staunch believer of City Harvest.
We were never close, she suddenly turned up one day with this weird statement, claiming that she didn’t know how to be my friend and I look like a “lost soul” and wanted me to come to her church. I was on the look out for churches at that point, I have heard of CHC, but didn’t really like it. Decided to give it a benefit of doubt and went to church with her.
Clever packaging of Sunday services
Truly. It was one of those things where there’s a live band, it was in an old movie theater and the acoustics were great. It certainly felt more like a rock concert thing than going to church. For us who were than mostly underage (most of the people surrounding me looked under 21) or who were just on the right age to go clubbing, this was a “healthy” alternative with more people and, on the plus side, with no drunks, it’s easy to network with them as well.
Extra revenue in the form of advertisements, sales of CDs
When I first attended the church, internet was sort of a “new” thing. Not many people had it, and I can’t remember now if they even had a website.
However, even then, they were still selling things. First was Sun Ho’s CDs. To me, it was hilarious. It was like having a commercial break in the middle of the service.
“Do you all love Pastor Ho!?!?!?”
Then, there was some blurb about how great and godly her music was, we should all water our souls with her godly music (unlike others out there, ahem ahem).
Tacky advertisements, they somehow worked. Everyone was, for some reason, worked up into a frenzy, all cheering for the CDs.
Next up was a compilation of bible studies by another pastor. At that point, they hadn’t produced sermons for sale yet, so all these compilation CDs were their main selling points. Yet another tacky blurb, yet another advertisement. Again, people were cheering ceaselessly like it was the best thing they have ever heard.
If you stand up at this point, you could see all the new faces – they were the ones with awkward looks on their faces.
30-fold, 60-fold, 100-fold returns on your church donations
When it came time to throw in tithes, they made a big issue about it. My friend insisted I have to put some money in, even if it was just 5 dollars. As someone who was only working during the holidays, and it wasn’t a holiday then, technically I earn nothing that month. 10% of nothing is still nothing. The cell leader than asked if I was given an allowance, and if I was, I need to give 10% of that – for the glory of my soul and all sorts of nonsense related to that, at which point, I threw in 50 cents in frustration. The awkwardness was overwhelming.
Social pressure to conform in church settings and ease of influence
By the “2nd commercial break”, I had pretty much decided this was not the church for me. I am an introvert. The church was a loud concert that forces me to interact with people.
Furthermore, we were forced to chant to everyone surrounding us that we will bring in 2 more people the next weekend. if you calculate the number of people you “promised” that to, it equates bringing 8 people to the church the next week altogether.
I didn’t like feeling like I am forced to give a tithe. When I eventually went to church, I donated whenever I worked, which amounted to hundreds of dollars – but I was not forced to do it. Tithe used to be the only way pastors/priests could live and maintain the church. These guys live in houses and cars that even I couldn’t afford, so why do they need our donations for?
Also, at the end of the session, there was a cleansing session where everyone is made to chant that we are “backsliders” and we will do better. Then, people who have done wrong during the week need to come up front to be “cleansed”. The ironic part was, while I was fine, my very staunch friend was collapsed in a heap of teary mess. this happened basically all around me and I panicked because, being such an introvert, all eyes were on me.
All these chanting, by the way? Enough of it can brainwash a person.
Finally, there was the after service gathering. Cell groups gather together. At that time, cell groups go by where they lived. I was not located “right” for that cell group, but they “accepted” me, I even got presents, and got called a sister! However, nothing seemed genuine. I was actually scared of them.
Needless to say, thereafter I refused to go back. My friend was then told that I will suffer eternal damnation and it would damage her soul and theirs (the cell groups’) if she keeps associating with me. I haven’t talked to her since.
I found a church where my soul belongs to anyways, and it is one of those “small” churches that is a bit more traditional. Where I found real friends who didn’t just took me to church because she promised other people she had take 2 people to church the next weekend
PANDAREN
*The above was first posted as a comment on The Temasek Times.

Posted in Commentary, Opinion | 63 Comments »

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Was Sun Ho worth the millions and possible jail time?[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
June 29th, 2012 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

cellsell.jpg
Sun Ho and Kong Hee (Photo: Internet)

Senior Pastor Kong Hee was charged in Court on 27th July along with four others for inter alia, allegedly misappropriating the City Harvest Church’s (CHC) funds.
The approximately S$50 million dollars were purportedly redirected/manupilated to finance Pastor Kong Hee’s wife, Ho Yeow Sun aka Sun Ho’s music career.
When the news broke out, the internet was abuzzed with many commenting that Sun Ho cannot sing and cannot dance, hence a nobody in the musical scene.
In all fairness to Sun Ho (and the money spent), TR Emeritus went about its own research and found the following:
Sun Ho’s musical career started in 2002 and has gone on to release five albums, including an English-language album produced by Wyclef Jean and 4 x No.1s on the US Billboard dance charts. Each of her albums either achieved double or triple platinum status in Asia.
Sun Ho’s five English-language releases all went to the top of the dance club charts of Billboard Magazine and London-based Music Week, making her the first Asian artist in the world to score successive No 1 dance hits in the global market.
Sun Ho was also the first Chinese singer to be invited to the 46th Grammy Awards in 2004, following the success of her singles such as Where Did Love Go?
Sun Ho was also invited to the 2007 MTV Europe Awards for her performance with Wyclef Jean on the track China Wine.
In the 2008 BeiJing Olympics, Sun Ho worked together with music composer David Foster and Carole Bayer Sager to submit a song called The Light.
Sun Ho’s last album titled Embrace, was confirmed as the third biggest selling album in Taiwan in 2007 and her song Spring Smilewas ranked the No 8 “Most Popular Song of the year 2007″ by Singapore premiere radio station FM933.
From the above, it seems that Sun Ho was not a nobody in her musical career, but whether was it worth the millions spent on her by Kong Hee (or CHC members?) and the jail time (if convicted), only Kong Hee (and maybe God) knows.
* This article is directed to the CHC members and Kong Hee on the “achievement” point of view, the issue of should or should not the funds be used is omitted.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Peanut: June 29, 2012 at 4:00 am Peanut(Quote)
The issue at stake is NOT how glorious Sun Ho’s music career has been. The issue that has to be addressed is Kong Hee’s MISUSE or MISAPPROPRIATION of the Church’s funds which were donations by the congregations. Rightfully speaking, the donations SHOULD NOT have been used by Kong Hee to fund his wife’s music career. Kong Hee’s gestures tantamount to a betrayal of the faith placed by his Church’s congregation on him. As the Head of the Church, Kong Hee has the fiduciary if not explicit duty and obligation to ensure that his Church’s donations are utilized in the manner originally intended. Surely, using the donations to support the advancement of his wife’s music career is NOT something originally or initially envisaged by the Church. Therefore, God knows in fact who is right and who is wrong in this case ! In my view, Kong Hee is clearly guilty of the breach of trust placed on him by his Church’s members. Having side-tracked in his pastoral duties and obligations, Kong Hee is therefore without a doubt GUILTY! And, Kong Hee thus deserves the jail term and punishment that will be meted out to him !

Rate this

</EM></EM>

M

Mdm Tang

Quote:

Speaking to queries from the media, Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Community Development, Youth and Sports Sam Tan, said the City Harvest Church members’ support for their leaders is ‘understandable’ without condemning them for their ‘rowdy’ behavior outside the Subordinate Courts on Wednesday.

About 200 CHC members gathered outside the Subordinate Courts to ‘protect’ Kong Hee from the media circus and a scuffle reportedly broke out between them and some journalists.

Under the new Public Order Act, an assembly of one person or more is illegal and the police has the power to arrest the offenders on the spot. While the police was quick to arrest SDP supporters protesting outside the Manpower Ministry and CPF Board, no police was present to control the CHC members at the scene, thereby making a mockery of Singapore laws.

“It is understandable, that there will always be supporters to the leaders, and it is also completely understandable for them to express their support to their leaders. And it is also completely understandable for people who hold different views, to also express such views,” Sam Tan said in response to queries from the media.

Kong Hee is represented by PAP MP for Moulmein-Kallang GRC Edwin Tong. According to unverified rumors circulating on the internet, a few ministers and MPs are members of CHC as well.

... sure or Not : "a few ministers and MPs are members of CHC as well"

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when CSJ doing nothing oustide CPF building kana chase away and ang chia also come.
Now these cocksters protest, its ok.

double standard.:mad:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Sun Ho’s ’success’ was not organically achieved[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
June 29th, 2012 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

Ho-Yeow-Sun-300x190.jpg
Ho Yeow Sun aka Sun Ho

TRE, I think your research was not deep enough and you were simply citing the list of ‘awards’ as per Sun Ho’s PR output… which we now know was a result of millions of dollars of investment.
There is a reason why Sun Ho needed to spend so much money for her music ‘career’ – quite a number of her ’successes’ are based on radio plays or club playlists submitted by selected club DJs, and these can generally be manipulated by throwing ‘promotional’ dollars.
If you review her list of awards and achievements, you will also note that these are also a matter of who one knows, and money and influence can buy new ‘friends’ and invitations to important award shows. The big name producers that Sun worked with are all a matter of paying them the right fee for production services rendered…..nothing illegal there, but not necessarily based on talent.
Most in the music industry in Singapore and beyond have not felt Sun’s ’successes’ as it was not organically achieved.
The tragic irony is that Sun Ho was trying to buy love and adulation of the masses, and yet the masses who flocked to their church knew better and sought it from God instead – if only Sun Ho herself believed the messages that they themselves were preaching that acceptance from God was more important, this mess could have been averted.
Music Insider
* This comment first appeared in: Was Sun Ho worth the millions and possible jail time?

M

Mdm Tang

when CSJ doing nothing oustide CPF building kana chase away and ang chia also come.

do not envy those Jokers who show up .

all got video already .

cocksters will Not stand long ...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Please don’t get emotional, CHC people[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
June 28th, 2012 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

chcc2.jpg
Do not get emotional or irrational, esp the people from CHC. Just look at the facts:
Fact 1. Kong Hee swindled $23 million. $$Millions! Not $Thousands.
Fact 2. Kong Hee used much of the money to help wife Sun Ho’s music career (Remember “China Wine”?) and feed her lavish lifestyle ($28,000 a month rented mansion).
Fact 3. Kong Hee was in cahoot with 4 other high-ranking CHC members as he siphoned the church funds.
Fact 4. Kong Hee gave the impression that he is innocent when investigations began in 2010… a wolf under sheep’s clothing!
Instead of trying to “protect” him, CHC members should pray for those who sold off their HDB flats to donate to the CHC Building Fund. Wake up to reality!
CONHEE HUAT CHYE
* Comment first appeared in: Pastor Kong Hee’s supporters pray for his ‘protection’

jw5

Loyal

The simple reason is that they buay song him, whereas they dare not buay song these people.
Now even senior parl secretary come out and say that it's only natural for CHC people to support their pastor.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now even senior parl secretary come out and say that it's only natural for CHC people to support their pastor.
dbl standard.
its also natural for CSJ to speak up against pay and pay master cos he is the oppo party.
furthermore this is conning case. the cocksters defend their conman?:eek:

really cocksters. buay tahan

Last edited:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yesterday 10:57 AM#1 MrJester

user-offline.png

<DL class=userinfo_extra><DT>Join Date</DT><DD>Mar 2011</DD><DT>Posts</DT><DD>72</DD></DL>

[h=2]Why CHC is dangerous and Govt needs to close it down[/h]
WRITTEN BY AN EX-CHC MEMBER

Some years ago, I was invited by one of my City Harvest friends to attend a special service where an American speaker is scheduled to preach. The sermon was about submission to authority. The key point was submitting to your leaders even when your leaders are doing questionable stuff. Just obey and submit to your leaders and God will bless you.

If the leader was wrong, then God will be responsible to deal with him and the followers have no right to question. This doctrine is the core of City Harvest. This can’t be biblical though the eloquent speaker is able to quote extracts from the bible.

Just like all false teachings, they appear flawless but with just a little thinking, you would discover they are just lies. This experience is further enhanced when I met the cell group leader. You can just sensed how eager he was to impress you with his success. Obviously, he won’t tell you directly.

Though subtle, he will show off through his branded appearance. He wore a branded watch and drove a luxury car. As much as my friends and his followers adored this guy, my gauge through some chatting was I found little trace of intelligence, just full of loyalty to Kong Hee as if he’s God.

Throughout the years, for every question on Kong Hee or his wife, the church will always have beautiful lies to shoot back. One question was how was Kong Hee able to fly to USA every fortnight, possibly on business class? The answer was the wife had a multi- million music contract so they could well afford it. Now we know where the money comes from.

The last question yesterday or rather a comment to my friend was Kong Hee was staying in a $9.3 million dollar sentosa penthouse. I was shot back, the house is not his and he’s been so misunderstood. The fanaticism is scary.MARTIN LEE

*The above was first posted as a comment on The Temasek Times.​

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hallelujah
Prai$e the Lord.
Je$u$ is King and He is all I need. $

Genesis 39:2-4
The Lord was with Joseph, so he succeeded in everything he did as he served in the home of his Egyptian master. Potiphar noticed this and realized that the Lord was with Joseph, giving him success in everything he did. This pleased Potiphar, so he soon made Joseph his personal attendant. He put him in charge of his entire household and everything he owned.

Malachi 3:10
Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do, I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessings so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!

Matthew 25:14-30 ... The Parable of the Ten Talents

John 10:10
The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life

Philippians 4:19
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
“Money Cometh to the Body of Christ”

“If you don’t give, you’re not giving the blessing anything to multiply”

“Allow the blessings to multiply your material investments.”

“We are totally free. Free from habits, addictions, fear and worry, discouragement, poverty and lack.”

Turn to me, you 60% weak and voiceless Singaporeans who are weary. (Psalm 119:79) God forgive messenger Pastor Kong, for He is our only hope.

It is all Satan's fault!

The bible also say in Mark 10:30
who will not receive in this age a hundred times as much – homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, fields, all with persecutions – and in the age to come, eternal life.

So, give $10 and receive $1,000; give $1,000 and receive $100,000
Give hdb flat receive everlasting life.
Glory to God Almighty!

Last edited:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Immediately Stop All Your Blasphemous Posts About Pastor Kong!

I hereby command all you retarded gay dogs to stop putting up blasphemous posts about Pastor Kong and CHC!

Your blasphemy against Jesus' favourite Pastor will result in you and your family being condemned to Hell to be burned in the lakes of fire for all of eternity and beyond!:mad:

You have have been warned!

God bless Pastor Kong and His Family!

534910_377218068998181_2035807406_n.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The simple reason is that they buay song him, whereas they dare not buay song these people.

Whenever the issue of religion enters the fray, the pappies' balls shrink.

Especially for Islam, but also for Christianity and the temple religions.