• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Brave browser problem

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do any of you have Brave Browser problem? It get unresponsive after a while and about 5 mins later it is ok and then problem comes back again. Love this browser as they block those annoying google and youtube ads.

tanahcow

Alfrescian
Loyal
K.N.N.

Me nephew using WW2 Laptop.

Same problems as yours with Brave. Hangs frequently.

Tried install Puffin but seems not compatible with Windows.

Maybe kind Boss @Leongsam
can advise?
Kum Sia.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Do any of you have Brave Browser problem? It get unresponsive after a while and about 5 mins later it is ok and then problem comes back again. Love this browser as they block those annoying google and youtube ads.
I am using Brave on my computer and on my android phone. No issues at all. For you, I assume this problem only happened recently? Perhaps you can check if your computer hard-drive and memory are maxing out. Clean up temp files, cookies, history, log files, memory dumps etc. I use CCleaner.

Also check internet connection.

You can also re-install Brave.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am using Brave on my computer and on my android phone. No issues at all. For you, I assume this problem only happened recently? Perhaps you can check if your computer hard-drive and memory are maxing out. Clean up temp files, cookies, history, log files, memory dumps etc. I use CCleaner.

Thanks, will try that out.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Go to Settings > Additional Settings > Reset Settings > “Restore settings to their original defaults”

It resolved the problem for me and many other users (both Windows and MacOS users). Credit to talisto on github. 2

https://community.brave.com/t/newly...unresponsive-for-3-min-after-launch/120351/37

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal

I can't find a Puffin browser on window pc
Brave browser yet to try

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal

Does not work at all including using ccleaner.

tanahcow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't find a Puffin browser on window pc
Brave browser yet to try

K.N.N.

To install Puffin on Windows, its a very lengthy and complicated process.

You have to puff and puff and puff.

But Puffin on my HP is very good.

Download speed in excess of 200.
Chrome only 10 to 20 at best, like a Tortoise.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Un-install it, use ccleaner to get rid of all possible residual files (temo, logs, etc) and clean up the registry too (to get rid of redundant paths etc). Then do a clean reinstall.
The problem comes when i open tabs on the browser. If there is only one tab, no problem. open a number of tabs at the same time causes the problem.