• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boycott these Anti-Singaporean shops !!!!

PAPIBCHIEF

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
why boycott???
let these SMEs screw the foreigners so that we get cheaper goods and services.

what is important is that the govt restrict the PMETs.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why boycott???
let these SMEs screw the foreigners so that we get cheaper goods and services.

what is important is that the govt restrict the PMETs.

Yes, of course, we should be proud of ourselves for improving the GDP & providing employment for the countries, who can't give their own citizens , better jobs & better pay. The countries of India, PRC, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Kampucea, Myanmar, Philippines...and not to forget, our neighbour in which we have provided support to coming to nearly 50 years, even giving their citizens, Ministerial post, if they stay on in their own, country, it is a pipe dream - MALAYSIA.

All SINgaporeans out of work, take a bow...you are really charitable! ha ha ha ha :biggrin:

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Civil Service was my employer. Nothing to do with MIW. My ex-bosses were Head(s) Civil Service, never a MIW. Do not get confused.

In other countries, I would agree with you, but the civil service belong to the MIW, you work for the civil service you work for the MIW. How can I be confused? unless you are telling me that, we have such a matured society, where the civil service is independent of a political or any, in power?

sammyboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
These anti-Singaporean establishments employs more Foreigners than locals.

1. Food Republic
2. Bread Talk
3. Din Tai Fung
4. Pasta Fresca (all Pinoys and India Indians)

Please add more to the list.

TWGTEA,
fyi DIntaiFung is owned by singaporean couple

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In other countries, I would agree with you, but the civil service belong to the MIW, you work for the civil service you work for the MIW. How can I be confused? unless you are telling me that, we have such a matured society, where the civil service is independent of a political or any, in power?

Yes, you are right. Many of our civil servants honestly believe the MIWs are their bosses. Hard to blame them when their promotions are hugely dependent on their political masters, esp for the upper echelon.

It is similar to civil servants believing that national security is the same as PAP security. One intel entity falls into this trap. That's the reason why I left!

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
You might as well boycott Singapore. Everywhere is hiring foreigners.

Sinkies can no longer push the blame to the PAPzis. More often than not, the most anti-sinkie people you'll ever meet are sinkies themselves. It's Singaporean to betray family, friends and country for selfish gains. :rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, you are right. Many of our civil servants honestly believe the MIWs are their bosses. Hard to blame them when their promotions are hugely dependent on their political masters, esp for the upper echelon.

It is similar to civil servants believing that national security is the same as PAP security. One intel entity falls into this trap. That's the reason why I left!

That is why I never could join the civil service, I could not bend so far back to kiss_____! for all the money in this world could offer!

jw5

Loyal

Fair point, but it is also difficult to claim that anyone who has ever been a civil servant is a supporter of the MIW.
The criteria to qualify as a supporter should probably be a) vote for the party b) party member.
Otherwise, that would mean that all the regular soldiers and cops, clerks, teachers, customs, immigration, social workers, even the higher level or professional staff etc etc are all supporters.
Then this could even be extended to people in GLCs, stat boards, anyone who went to a govt school, anyone who went to a pap kindergarten, anyone who got a govt scholarship, etc etc.

Don't think that anyone who works in the civil service can be considered as working for the MIW, because more importantly, it depends on the individual's mindset and circumstances. So imo, should be based on the 2 criteria above.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you want to make it big in business or in showbiz in Singapore, you have to be pro-PAP. It opens many doors for you, and they won't make life difficult for you.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why I never could join the civil service, I could not bend so far back to kiss_____! for all the money in this world could offer!

Not a fair assumption that civil servants "bend so far back to kiss arse". I wouldn't mind my son joining civil service to have an "insight" into the dark side.
Fair enough to say the higher up you go in civil service, you are bound to meet conflict with conscience situation. I know of someone who works as deputy ambassador of Sinkieland to another country - i don't see how he aids PAP to screw Sinkies?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is why there is high suspicion that a large majority of civil servants voted for the MIW at each election.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a fair assumption that civil servants "bend so far back to kiss arse". I wouldn't mind my son joining civil service to have an "insight" into the dark side.
Fair enough to say the higher up you go in civil service, you are bound to meet conflict with conscience situation. I know of someone who works as deputy ambassador of Sinkieland to another country - i don't see how he aids PAP to screw Sinkies?

72.9% of sinkies voted for the PAP. What makes you think you and the party you support are the true representatives of the people of Singapore? Singaporeans may be dumb. But they are not that dumb. If they genuinely felt that they were being screwed, they would have voted the PAP out of power. But they didn't, did they? :rolleyes:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is why there is high suspicion that a large majority of civil servants voted for the MIW at each election.

That's a very fair statement. I suspect the same too. The ones who kpkb the loudest would vote the MIW. The silent type, you stand a better chance they did not vote MIW. And yes, I have yet to vote the MIW even when I was a civil servant.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Civil service salary is competitive with private sector only in the beginning. Thereafter, they are usually behind except for the scholars. I don't think bending backwards is necessary but being able to won't hurt. Based on what I heard, the same exists in the private sector. The need to belong to the right camp matters. Sama sama with civil service. Lots of similarities and differences.