• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boy, 13, abused for 2 months

OFart

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Nov 12, 2009
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Boy, 13, abused for 2 months <!--10 min-->
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Selina Lum
</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"-->A 16-YEAR-OLD boy told the High Court on Thursday how a man, under the pretext of performing a religious ritual, sexually abused him for two months in 2006, when he was 13.
The Secondary Four student, who cannot be named under a court order, was testifying on the first day of the trial of Rahim Basron, 43, a man he had called 'abang' ('brother' in Malay).
Rahim has been charged with two counts of sodomy, one count of gross indecency and one count of aggravated molestation.
The offences were allegedly committed in November and December 2006. He is contesting the charges and is defending himself.
A religious teacher and a volunteer from the mosque approached the boy in April last year and he told them what had happened.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
newpaper.jpg

The New Paper, Singapore, 13 August 1998

BY MELVIN SINGH and RIANA ZAKIR

2878a.jpg

Rahim Basron , was sentenced to eight years' jail and 18 strokes of the cane

UNLIKE most kids, this 11-year-old boy didn't whoop with joy when he got a free pager.
True, he was eager to show it off to his friends.
But the Primary 5 student was also scared.
It was given by an odd-job worker who had already molested him four times to keep him under tabs.
The molester even warned: "I want to page you at all times."
It was bought from a 7-Eleven store in early April, less than a month after they met in a McDonald's restaurant near the boy's flat in Jurong.
Every vibration sent shivers down the boy's spine for the next three weeks.
Rahim Basron, 33, often paged the boy 10 times a day. The boy would get a tongue-lashing if he didn't return the page at once.
Recalled the boy in Malay: "He wants to meet and talk. He said he missed doing "those things' to me.
"I keep quiet when he says he thinks about me. I don't like it. If I don't want to meet him, he would scold me."
Rahim would take the boy to public toilets or to his Jurong East flat to molest him.
In five weeks, he molested the boy eight times.
Rahim paged the boy while he was in school, and as late as 11 pm.
"I was afraid the teachers would know. So I put it on vibrator mode all the time and kept it in my bag."
Reluctantly, the boy returned only half the pages, usually after school ended in late afternoon.
But that was not fast enough for Rahim.
"He scolded me for not calling back immediately."
The boy had to call from public phones, instead of his three-room Jurong flat, because his parents got suspicious easily.
Once, his mother spotted the pager.
"I lied that it belonged to my friend. My classmates knew I had a pager, but never asked where it came from."
So why didn't the boy return the pager or stop seeing Rahim?
He was scared of being bashed up.
He was slapped while trying to stop Rahim from molesting him the first time, in the toilet of Boon Lay Community Centre on March 17.
Didn't the boy confide in anyone?
"I have no very close friends that I can share secrets with, except Rahim. But I don't like him because he is always so angry."
Rahim even visited the boy often in his school canteen, chatting up the boy's friends.
The truth spilled out on April 27, when the boy was grilled by his school principal on Rahim's identity.
The pager is now with the police. The boy can't even remember its brand.
"I'm very happy the case is over. Now, he can't beat me or disturb me.
"I'm glad the pager is no longer with me. I don't want another pager, ever."

SNEAKY MOLESTER

THE boy's arms were dotted with "lovebites" from Rahim.
But the boy's mother thought they were mosquito bites and didn't probe.
Rahim had been sneaky throughout.
He made the boy hide under his bed whenever someone knocked on his door.
He only molested the boy behind closed doors when his flat, which he shared with his mother, was empty.
His favourite excuse - his mother had gone to Johor Baru.
"He even lied he was a supervisor and was 26, not 33," recalled the boy's mother in disgust.
To win the boy's trust, Rahim also showered him with gifts such as a watch, cheap cologne and a kris.
Said the mother in Malay, who talked to him twice on the phone when he called: "Rahim tried to sound sincere about being just a friend. He even took my son out for meals and sent him home, right to the doorstep."
Yesterday, Rahim stood forlornly before the judge, wearing a polo shirt with the Playboy bunny logo. His mother, stepfather and step-brother were also there.
In 1994, he was sentenced to 10 months' jail for pretending to be a Central Narcotics Bureau officer to molest two boys, aged eight and 10.
He had earlier told a government psychiatrist "he would repeat what he did once he became a free man".

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dec 11, 2009
Sex predator gets 20 years
By Selina Lum

basron.jpg

Rahim was convicted by the High Court of two counts of sodomy, one counts of molestation and one count of gross indecency

A CASUAL comment made by a sex predator to a religious teacher led to the uncovering of a series of abuse on a teenage boy.
On Friday, Rahim Basron, 43, who has a criminal history of sex offences against young boys, was sentenced to 20 years' jail preventive detention and eight strokes of the cane.
He was convicted by the High Court of two counts of sodomy, one counts of molestation and one count of gross indecency.
The boy, now 16, had testified how Rahim had sexually abused him for two months in late 2006, under the pretext of performing a religious ritual.
Rahim had befriended him in 2005 and the boy called him 'abang', Malay for big brother. They went to the same mosque together.
In April last year, Rahim made a remark to a religious teacher at the mosque.
His offences came to light when the religious teacher decided to dig deeper and questioned the boy.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
abang_sodomised_teen_while_pretending-thumbnail.jpg

Rahim, 43, who has a criminal history of sex offences against young boys, was sentenced to 20 years’ preventive detention and eight strokes of the cane.
He was convicted by the High Court of two counts of sodomy, one count of molestation and one count of gross indecency.
In sentencing, Justice Tay Yong Kwang agreed with the prosecution that, in view of his previous convictions and his predilection for young boys, Rahim should be sentenced to preventive detention to protect the public.
Preventive detention, ranging from seven to 20 years, can be handed down to repeat offenders and offers no early release for good behaviour.