• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bolo Santosi of Just Cause 2: A Singaporean accent in a US game?

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bolo Santosi of Just Cause 2: A Singaporean accent in a US game?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5o0XOFrFOVI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5o0XOFrFOVI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Bolo Santosi is quickly becoming a cult figure in the gaming world, with her terrible voice acting, campy dialogue and the all-powerful Singaporean accent. In fact she sounds like a Masters of the Sea reject (a very old Singapore tv series known for its badness).

This stuff is so bad, it is good.

Who is the voice of Bolo Santosi? The world wants to know!

Update: Some readers have asked me if this is for real or something my mrbrown show team made up. I want to declare formally that no, I did not make this shit up. This is FOR REAL.

Some choice comments from gaming forums mainly in the US:
"I love this game just her VA (Voice Acting) is just so terribad."

"It sounds to me like she should be reading fortunes over the phone."

"She should never be allowed to say 'people' 'comrade' or 'metal' ever again."

"I hate her voice. I hate her face. I also hate that manly walk she does to the chopper."

"I wanna rip out her vocal chords! Her accent is so damn annoying."

"Every time Bolo Santosi speaks I want to hit her voice actress with a brick."

"I die a little inside every time Bolo Santosi opens her f**king mouth. I still can't bring myself to skip cutscenes."

"That Bolo Santosi woman might actually be the worst voice I've ever heard in a videogame."

"What is the problem everyone seems to have with her? She has a heavy accent but it sounds reasonably exotic to me."

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahahahahahaa... It's fucking singlish!

Read some of the comments in gamesfaq.com. The angmos are confused!

Bolo cant decide if she's hispanic or Jamaican. I had to mute the sound the 5th time I played the demo and on. That accent is an affront to the ears of mankind.

Probably because it's full of second language English speakers trying to do even more foreign accents.

Why didn't she say "lah"? Now I have to get this game!