• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Bock Sets Up "Progress Sinkie Party" To Challenge PAP! WTF!!! Apostate!!!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
nm-tcb2-1801.jpg

SINGAPORE - Former presidential candidate Tan Cheng Bock has applied to form a new political party.

In a Facebook post on Friday (Jan 18), Dr Tan said he and 11 "like-minded Singaporeans", including former People's Action Party (PAP) cadres, filed an application to the Registry of Societies to form the new Progress Singapore Party two days ago.

He said the move was sparked by conversations he and his team had with Singaporeans from all walks of life over the years.

"I felt a sense of duty to come forward and represent them in Parliament. So I decided to form a political party to add another voice in Parliament," he said.

"The decision to go on our own was not an easy one," said Dr Tan, a former PAP MP for Ayer Rajah who stepped down in 2006. He and his team had studied various options, such as joining an existing opposition party, taking over one, and running as an independent candidate.

"I want to thank all those who made such generous offers. I considered them all seriously and it was a difficult decision, but I feel it is the right one," he said.

Despite deciding to set up a new party, Dr Tan said he and his team "still look forward to working with others in the opposition who are passionate about putting country first before either party or self".

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/tan-cheng-bock-applies-to-form-new-progress-singapore-party

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
KNN after bock setup a new party can't the existing oppie join his new team ? KNN or is it every one wants to be the leader KNN like that how to win as oppie KNN
Exactly my same sentiments. He could have felt that the SDP is "tainted" and too radical for sinkies. As for WP, they were probably told by the pap not to take him in. :biggrin: Is TCB now the leader of the opposition?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly my same sentiments. He could have felt that the SDP is "tainted" and too radical for sinkies. As for WP, they were probably told by the pap not to take him in. :biggrin: Is TCB now the leader of the opposition?
KNN if all the oppies are serious about putting country first before either party or self these sort of things wouldn't happen KNN just look at how United pappy dogs is to put self first before country KNN

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not that simple without money and a party machinery; the type that got him elected on the PAP ticket in past elections, and the type that can successfully get an aneh elected even when standing against a Chinese in a Chinese majority constituency.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Without the support of the CCC and PA grassroots leaders, Bock wouldn't have won 50% of the valid votes, let alone 88%. Bock is getting senile in his old age and forgotten that it was the PA who propelled him to electoral victory each time.