• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boat Quay overcharge Angmor, Geylang overcharge Sinkie

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yep that the famous place.

I'd never heard of the place but it was recommend by a colleague who'd studied in London. Obviously made an impact on him. Obviously your mom in law was equally impressed:smile:

Bet if you ever go to London you'll visit that place.:biggrin:

A search on youtube reveals this: Was taken in 2007 and they say the service is much better now.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m9TI4F4KSDk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You guys should check out wiener circle in chicago

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CaugG-9WLrA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ak4fr18wn2s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A search on youtube reveals this: Was taken in 2007 and they say the service is much better now.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m9TI4F4KSDk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bro Jah thanks for this vid...

My iritating mom in law went there few years back.....

She can be a fussy person at times and was told off by a staff there to go to McDonalds instead.....heard from my wife that my mom in law was red in the face.::biggrin:

Serve that old hag right.:biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

She can be a fussy person at times and was told off by a staff there to go to McDonalds instead.....heard from my wife that my mom in law was red in the face.::biggrin:

Serve that old hag right.:biggrin:

I wonder if they have a video of anyone fighting with the waiters or some shit like that. London has got its violent characters after all.

Cranial Blowout

Alfrescian
Loyal

It has changed, before they had wooden bench style tables without table cloths. It is a cheap place to eat in the centre of London.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It has changed, before they had wooden bench style tables without table cloths. It is a cheap place to eat in the centre of London.

How much does say a plate of noodles and beef cost?

It's in soho which is pretty upmarket so i was thinking it still must be pretty expensive. The food tastes normal or worse than hawker food here but since it's in soho it's still more expensive but cheaper than other restaurants.

Did u see the video and how the boss explained they used to have such long lines waiting outside they just had to chase the ppl eating inside if they were taking too long to eat.

FYI that wasn't the impression i had of the place. In my mind i was thinking a very traditional chinese restaurant like decor but it's manned by gangster-like waiters with very aggresive boss and ppl around.

They have not changed the menu since 1984. That's hardcore.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I ate there about ten years ago. Not to be recommended for the food, frozen peas and carrots cooked to a pulp. I was mildly entertained by the decorum of the waiters, something I had not experienced before. It's a spit and sawdust type of place on three floors.

It's all about the dinning "experience" :biggrin:

If you go to an expensive eatery in Spore, you're paying for the ambiance, presentation of the food,..

Places like Wong Kei have stumbled upon an alternative dinning experience:smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

She can be a fussy person at times and was told off by a staff ....

Is she one of those Sporeans who travel with a bottle of chilli sauce in their bag:confused: :biggrin:

Cranial Blowout

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much does say a plate of noodles and beef cost?

It's in soho which is pretty upmarket so i was thinking it still must be pretty expensive. The food tastes normal or worse than hawker food here but since it's in soho it's still more expensive but cheaper than other restaurants.

Did u see the video and how the boss explained they used to have such long lines waiting outside they just had to chase the ppl eating inside if they were taking too long to eat.

FYI that wasn't the impression i had of the place. In my mind i was thinking a very traditional chinese restaurant like decor but it's manned by gangster-like waiters with very aggresive boss and ppl around.

They have not changed the menu since 1984. That's hardcore.

I haven't been there for quite a while, I guess that beef noodle cost around £3 to £4.00. I read a review and a two course meal for three people with wine costs £50.00. Nothing like gangsters, the waiters were a bunch of young people stressed, rushed off their feet and chasing their tails.

There are many eateries in the centre of London that are excellent quality and inexpensive. The stock Pot, if you like English/Meditarranean food is £10 for a three course meal. They serve syrup pudding, jam roly poly and custard just like Mumma use to make.There's a pie and mash shop in Greenwich http://www.pieshop.co.uk/ that cooks the best pie and mash with liquor ever for less than £5.00 - it's a real gutbuster. Lots of Chinese restaurants, eat as much as you like for around 8.00 per head.I don't like using communal spoons and utensils so I give them a miss.

Cranial Blowout

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. I never go to expensive eateries, I find that some are pretentious and highly overpriced. These days I go for quality and best value for money, if I can get some entertainment thrown in too I'm happy.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I haven't been there for quite a while, I guess that beef noodle cost around £3 to £4.00. I read a review and a two course meal for three people with wine costs £50.00. Nothing like gangsters, the waiters were a bunch of young people stressed, rushed off their feet and chasing their tails.

There are many eateries in the centre of London that are excellent quality and inexpensive. The stock Pot, if you like English/Meditarranean food is £10 for a three course meal. They serve syrup pudding, jam roly poly and custard just like Mumma use to make.There's a pie and mash shop in Greenwich http://www.pieshop.co.uk/ that cooks the best pie and mash with liquor ever for less than £5.00 - it's a real gutbuster. Lots of Chinese restaurants, eat as much as you like for around 8.00 per head.I don't like using communal spoons and utensils so I give them a miss.

The food courts, hawker centres etc in sg also use these communal utensils so you don't eat there too?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Her dinner consisted of crab bee hoon ($130), scallops ($50), conch or gong gong ($50), prawns ($77), frog legs ($78) and vegetables ($12). Other items on the bill were peanuts and drinks ($20.40) and wet towels ($3.60).

What so proud about eating meat and killing it to serve?

If that lady is a vegetarian, she would not have such problem in the first place.