• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious BLM Blackie Shot like Animal by MAGA Americans (Uncensored)

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
msn.com

Prosecutor concluded that two white men who shot Ahmaud Arbery were in 'perfectly legal' territory
Nicquel Terry Ellis 2 hrs ago

6-7 minutes

a man wearing a suit and tie smiling at the camera: Ahmaud Arbery was killed Feb. 23 outside Brunswick, Ga., in Glynn County.

© Photo courtesy of Marcus Arbery Ahmaud Arbery was killed Feb. 23 outside Brunswick, Ga., in Glynn County. ATLANTA — The district attorney who previously led the investigation into Ahmaud Arbery's death told police he did not see grounds for an arrest of the two white men who killed Arbery or the man who recorded it from his vehicle, according to a memo obtained by USA TODAY.

Waycross Judicial Circuit District Attorney George E. Barnhill said in the memo that Gregory McMichael, his son Travis McMichael and their neighbor William Bryan were in "hot pursuit of a burglary suspect" when they shot Arbery, a 25-year-old black man, as he jogged through the Satilla Shores neighborhood just outside of Brunswick, Georgia on Feb. 23. Barnhill sent the memo to Glynn County Police Capt. Tom Jump

Microsoft News

"It appears it was their intent to stop and hold this criminal suspect until law enforcement arrived," Barnhill wrote. "Under Georgia law, that is perfectly legal."

Barnhill also identifies William Bryan, who is white, as the man who shot the video of the killing of Arbery. Bryan has an address listed in the Satilla Shores neighborhood, according to the police report.

The decision not to arrest the McMichaels or Bryan has fueled outcry across the nation with attorneys for Arbery's family saying he was racially profiled. Local officials and community leaders say a history of nepotism and privilege in the district attorney offices of Waycross and Brunswick has allowed the killers to remain free.
Barnhill said in the letter that he was recusing himself from the case over a conflict of interest. In the memo, he stated that Arbery's mother wanted him off the case because his son worked in the Brunswick District Attorney's office.

Brunswick District Attorney Jackie Johnson had previously recused herself from the case because Gregory McMichael was a retired investigator from her office. Gregory McMichael is also a former Glynn County police officer.

"You have relational connections that run back for generations," said Rev. John Perry II, president of the Brunswick NAACP. "We believe the privilege of relationships caused the delay we are experiencing."

Perry has called for Glynn County Police Chief John Powell, who is currently on paid administrative leave for violating oath of office in an unrelated matter, to step down.
“Based on his negligence to say that an arrest should be made, there is no way that our taxpayer dollars should be paying him," Perry said.

The case is now being led by Atlantic Judicial Circuit District Attorney Tom Durden and the Georgia Bureau of Investigations.

Durden has promised to send the case to a grand jury to consider criminal charges. But that may not happen until June because Georgia courts are largely closed due to the coronavirus.

The video of Travis McMichael shooting Arbery has been spread widely on social media.

Alan Tucker, a criminal defense attorney in Brunswick, said in a statement Thursday that he released the video because "there was entirely too much speculation, rumor, false narratives and outright lies surrounding the event."

"My sole purpose in releasing the video was absolute transparency because my community was being ripped apart by erroneous accusations and assumptions," said Tucker, adding that he had not been retained by anyone for the case.

Tucker did not respond to a request for comment on why he had the video.

Benjamin Crump, an attorney for the Arbery family, posted a photo on Twitter Thursday of a man he says is Bryan.

"If he chased down Ahmaud and filmed his execution, he should be arrested and charged with aiding and abetting them in committing this crime of murder," Crump said.

Gregory McMichael told police they followed Arbery because he appeared to be the person seen on a surveillance video breaking into homes, the police report said.
USA TODAY filed an open public records request with the Glynn County Police Department for burglaries and home break-ins in the Satilla Shores neighborhood between Jan. 1 and Feb. 23. The department's records office said in an email Thursday it had no records matching that request.

In Barnhill's memo, he said the video shows Arbery attacking Travis McMichael which led to a tussle over McMichael's shot gun. He suggests that it's unclear who pulled the trigger leading to Arbery's death.

"Arbery's mental health records and prior convictions help explain his apparent aggressive nature and his possible thought pattern to attack an armed man," Barnhill wrote.

Glynn County Commissioner Allen Booker said he doesn't fault the Glynn County Police Department for not making the initial arrest and believes Johnson's office made the call.

“It's obvious there was special treatment because they aren't in jail," Booker said.

Booker said Arbery was a family friend and often saw him in the neighborhood doing landscaping work with his father. He described Arbery as "polite" and "always smiling."

"Everybody is mad, heartbroken, some folks who grew up here say we know that racism is here in this community like every where else," Booker said. "But we didn’t think there were folks with that much hatred that they would hunt down a young man like a dog and kill him. And then not be in jail for it.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
USA is a dangerous place for blacks browns and yellows. Even the whites themselves are not that safe because the whole country is trigger-happy and short-fused.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
EXCLUSIVE: Father of Brunswick shooter previously investigated victim
67a696b61f1847f4a7e70a5c4d878f61.jpg

Photo: Bobby Haven/The Brunswick News via AP
Greg McMichael, who provided gun cover for his son as he fought and eventually shot a young black jogger, may have known the victim long before their encounter in a subdivision just south of Brunswick, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has learned.
In his letter of recusal to Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr, Waycross Judicial Circuit District Attorney George Barnhill wrote that his son, a prosecutor in the Brunswick DA’s office, and McMichael, then an investigator in that same office, “both helped with the previous prosecution of (Ahmaud) Arbery.”

<< COMPLETE COVERAGE: Ahmaud Arbery shooting

QMcMichael, a former Glynn County cop, told Glynn police he recognized Arbery, 25, from surveillance video that captured a recent burglary in his mostly white neighborhood. He said he planned to make a citizen’s arrest.

When he was in high school, Arbery was sentenced to five years probation as a first offender on charges of carrying a weapon on campus and several counts of obstructing a law enforcement officer. He was convicted of probation violation in 2018 after he was charged with shoplifting, court documents show.

McMichael, who retired from the DA’s office in April 2019, made no mention of his work on that investigation to police, though it’s unknown whether he remembered it at the time.

Barnhill wrote that he learned about his son and McMichael’s ties to Arbery “three or four weeks” earlier.

He didn’t say why he waited so long to recuse himself but claimed “a local 'rabble rouser' has taken up this cause and begun publishing wild and factually incorrect and legally wrong accusations on Facebook and other social media formats calling for marches and physical affronts be made against the McMichaels at their homes, and my son's home in Brunswick etc.”

Arbery’s mother, Wanda Cooper Jones, had requested Barnhill’s recusal but told the AJC Thursday that she didn’t know his son -- or, for that matter, McMichael -- worked on Ahmaud’s case.

“I just looked him up on Facebook and saw this son worked for the Brunswick DA,” she said.

It was a crucial decision. Without it, Cooper Jones’ attorney, Lee Merritt said, “the case would’ve been no billed to a grand jury and the McMichaels would’ve gotten away with murder.”

In a letter to Glynn County police, Barnhill wrote that criminal charges were unwarranted against Greg McMichael, his son Travis McMichael, who appeared to fire all three shots, and a third man, William Bryan, who helped them corner Arbery on Feb. 23 inside their neighborhood just south of Brunswick.

The prosecutor said Arbery, who was unarmed, initiated contact with Travis McMichael.

“This family are not strangers to the local criminal justice system,” Barnhill wrote in his letter to Carr. “From best we can tell, Ahmauds older brother has gone to prison in the past and is currently in the Glynn jail, without bond, awaiting new felony prosecution. It also appears a cousin has been prosecuted by DA Johnson's office.”

Merritt questioned what that had to do with Arberry’s shooting.

“This speaks to the wider issue of mass incarceration,” Merritt said. “If black people have any kind of criminal record somehow that justifies their murder.”

Meanwhile, a Brunswick criminal defense attorney on Thursday said he released the explosive video showing Arbery’s shooting.

“There had been very little information provided by the police department or the district attorney’s office, but there was entirely too much speculation, rumor, false narratives, and outright lies surrounding this event,” said the attorney, Alan Tucker. “I didn’t release this to ‘show that they did nothing wrong,’ as is being circulated.”

The video has proven to be a game-changer, with everyone from former Vice President Joe Biden to NBA star LeBron James condemning the shooting. President Donald Trump told reporters Thursday that he had not seen the video.

"My heart goes out to the parents and the loved ones of the young gentleman,” Trump said. “I will be getting a full report this evening."

In the video, Arbery attempts to run around the pick-up truck but runs into Travis McMichael. A struggle ensues and three shots are fired. The video concludes with Arbery collapsing, face first, onto the pavement, never to regain consciousness.

Barnhill credited the video to Bryan.

Tucker’s involvement is something of a mystery. He said his firm has not been retained to represent anyone involved in the case, but, in the very next sentence, added a caveat: “We may be, we may not be.”

“I love this community and have spent my career helping people in this community,” he wrote. “My sole purpose in releasing the video was absolute transparency because my community was being ripped apart by erroneous accusations and assumptions.”

Arbery’s parents have demanded the McMichaels be arrested. Atlantic Judicial Circuit District Attorney Tom Durden said Tuesday he would ask a grand jury to consider criminal charges.

Gov. Brian Kemp told reporters Thursday the video was “absolutely horrific and that Georgians deserve answers.”

“I told Director Reynolds to follow the facts, follow the truth and to administer justice,” Kemp said, referring to GBI Director Vic Reynolds. “I have no doubt in my mind, it will be fair and Director Reynolds and his seasoned team of investigators will work very quickly and will also be very thorough.”

Late Thursday afternoon GBI agents were canvassing Satilla Shores, the subdivision where Arbery was killed.

--AJC Reporter Greg Bluestein contributed to this article.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why worries, can eat democracy this is nothing compare they go overseas to bomb at other cities into oblivion..

EXCLUSIVE: Father of Brunswick shooter previously investigated victim
67a696b61f1847f4a7e70a5c4d878f61.jpg

Photo: Bobby Haven/The Brunswick News via AP
Greg McMichael, who provided gun cover for his son as he fought and eventually shot a young black jogger, may have known the victim long before their encounter in a subdivision just south of Brunswick, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has learned.
In his letter of recusal to Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr, Waycross Judicial Circuit District Attorney George Barnhill wrote that his son, a prosecutor in the Brunswick DA’s office, and McMichael, then an investigator in that same office, “both helped with the previous prosecution of (Ahmaud) Arbery.”

<< COMPLETE COVERAGE: Ahmaud Arbery shooting

QMcMichael, a former Glynn County cop, told Glynn police he recognized Arbery, 25, from surveillance video that captured a recent burglary in his mostly white neighborhood. He said he planned to make a citizen’s arrest.

When he was in high school, Arbery was sentenced to five years probation as a first offender on charges of carrying a weapon on campus and several counts of obstructing a law enforcement officer. He was convicted of probation violation in 2018 after he was charged with shoplifting, court documents show.

McMichael, who retired from the DA’s office in April 2019, made no mention of his work on that investigation to police, though it’s unknown whether he remembered it at the time.

Barnhill wrote that he learned about his son and McMichael’s ties to Arbery “three or four weeks” earlier.

He didn’t say why he waited so long to recuse himself but claimed “a local 'rabble rouser' has taken up this cause and begun publishing wild and factually incorrect and legally wrong accusations on Facebook and other social media formats calling for marches and physical affronts be made against the McMichaels at their homes, and my son's home in Brunswick etc.”

Arbery’s mother, Wanda Cooper Jones, had requested Barnhill’s recusal but told the AJC Thursday that she didn’t know his son -- or, for that matter, McMichael -- worked on Ahmaud’s case.

“I just looked him up on Facebook and saw this son worked for the Brunswick DA,” she said.

It was a crucial decision. Without it, Cooper Jones’ attorney, Lee Merritt said, “the case would’ve been no billed to a grand jury and the McMichaels would’ve gotten away with murder.”

In a letter to Glynn County police, Barnhill wrote that criminal charges were unwarranted against Greg McMichael, his son Travis McMichael, who appeared to fire all three shots, and a third man, William Bryan, who helped them corner Arbery on Feb. 23 inside their neighborhood just south of Brunswick.

The prosecutor said Arbery, who was unarmed, initiated contact with Travis McMichael.

“This family are not strangers to the local criminal justice system,” Barnhill wrote in his letter to Carr. “From best we can tell, Ahmauds older brother has gone to prison in the past and is currently in the Glynn jail, without bond, awaiting new felony prosecution. It also appears a cousin has been prosecuted by DA Johnson's office.”

Merritt questioned what that had to do with Arberry’s shooting.

“This speaks to the wider issue of mass incarceration,” Merritt said. “If black people have any kind of criminal record somehow that justifies their murder.”

Meanwhile, a Brunswick criminal defense attorney on Thursday said he released the explosive video showing Arbery’s shooting.

“There had been very little information provided by the police department or the district attorney’s office, but there was entirely too much speculation, rumor, false narratives, and outright lies surrounding this event,” said the attorney, Alan Tucker. “I didn’t release this to ‘show that they did nothing wrong,’ as is being circulated.”

The video has proven to be a game-changer, with everyone from former Vice President Joe Biden to NBA star LeBron James condemning the shooting. President Donald Trump told reporters Thursday that he had not seen the video.

"My heart goes out to the parents and the loved ones of the young gentleman,” Trump said. “I will be getting a full report this evening."

In the video, Arbery attempts to run around the pick-up truck but runs into Travis McMichael. A struggle ensues and three shots are fired. The video concludes with Arbery collapsing, face first, onto the pavement, never to regain consciousness.

Barnhill credited the video to Bryan.

Tucker’s involvement is something of a mystery. He said his firm has not been retained to represent anyone involved in the case, but, in the very next sentence, added a caveat: “We may be, we may not be.”

“I love this community and have spent my career helping people in this community,” he wrote. “My sole purpose in releasing the video was absolute transparency because my community was being ripped apart by erroneous accusations and assumptions.”

Arbery’s parents have demanded the McMichaels be arrested. Atlantic Judicial Circuit District Attorney Tom Durden said Tuesday he would ask a grand jury to consider criminal charges.

Gov. Brian Kemp told reporters Thursday the video was “absolutely horrific and that Georgians deserve answers.”

“I told Director Reynolds to follow the facts, follow the truth and to administer justice,” Kemp said, referring to GBI Director Vic Reynolds. “I have no doubt in my mind, it will be fair and Director Reynolds and his seasoned team of investigators will work very quickly and will also be very thorough.”

Late Thursday afternoon GBI agents were canvassing Satilla Shores, the subdivision where Arbery was killed.

--AJC Reporter Greg Bluestein contributed to this article.