• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Blackouts All Over Central Zikapore! No Lights At 7 MRT Stations Too, But MRT Trains Still Working! PAP! PAP!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
chinatown-mrt-blackout-1.jpg

SINGAPORE: Electricity supply to some areas in central Singapore was disrupted on Thursday afternoon (Feb 14).

Blackouts were reported at Bras Basah Complex, Odeon Towers and several MRT stations at around 1.30pm.

Mr Ho Shao Dong, who was at Bras Basah Complex, said it appeared that the whole building experienced a blackout.

Ms Vera Ang, who works at Wilby Central along Queen Street said that the lights in her office blacked out "for a second" and the Wi-Fi stopped working.

"A colleague who was at the coffee shop opposite the road said the same thing happened there. After that, we heard a lot of horns and sirens as fire trucks zoomed past," she told Channel NewsAsia.

A commuter who wanted to be known only as Ms Ju said that there was a blackout at Boon Keng MRT station when she entered at about 1.25pm. She then took a train and reached Dhoby Ghaut MRT station, which was also experiencing a blackout, but the power gradually came back on.

boon-keng-mrt-blackout-on-feb-14--2019.jpg

A blackout at Boon Keng MRT at about 1.25pm on Feb 14, 2019. (Photos: Ms Ju)
"Announcements were made at Dhoby Ghaut MRT station for commuters to use the stopped escalators as stairs as there was a minor power trip," she said.

"They also apologised for the inconvenience."

SBS Transit said that seven stations on the North-East Line - HarbourFront, Outram Park, Chinatown, Clarke Quay, Dhoby Ghaut, Boon Keng and Potong Pasir - were affected.

"This was due to a dip in the power grid network. Emergency lights were turned on during this period which lasted less than 25 minutes," said Ms Tammy Tan, senior vice-president of corporate communications at SBS Transit.

"Train services were not affected by the power outage."

SP Group said that its officers were immediately deployed to the affected areas.

"Our priority is to restore supply as safely and quickly as possible. Supply has been restored to most of these locations," it said in an update on Facebook at about 2.30pm.

"We are investigating the cause of the incident."

dhoby-ghaut-mrt-blackout-on-feb-14--2019--2-.jpg

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) also said it responded to a fire incident at the Carlton Hotel at around the same time as the blackouts.

It is not clear if the incidents are linked.

The hotel said that there was a fire in the switch room which was extinguished by SCDF. Close to 1,000 people, including hotel guests and visitors, were affected.

This story is developing. Refresh for updates.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...fices-mrt-stations-central-singapore-11242196

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
scdf-officers-at-carlton-hotel.jpg

SINGAPORE: A fire broke out at Carlton Hotel in Bras Basah on Thursday afternoon (Feb 14), with power outages reported in the area.

Witnesses reported hearing "explosions" from the hotel and smoke emitting from one of its back doors.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it responded to a fire at 76 Bras Basah Road, which is the hotel's address, at 1.15pm.

"The fire, which was contained within a switch room, was extinguished by SCDF using fire extinguishers," SCDF said.

About 1,000 people were evacuated from the building and there were no reported injuries.

The cause of the fire is being investigated, it said.

A spokesman for the Carlton Hotel added that those evacuated from the building included hotel guests and visitors. The hotel also said that a back-up generator would be set up.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...-in-bugis-blackouts-reported-in-area-11242068

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's obvious to me that Singapore is under attack by oppies working as foreign stooges! I've called my wife to tell her that I love her. There's a secured strong room in our office to take shelter in during emergencies.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It's obvious to me that Singapore is under attack by oppies working as foreign stooges! I've called my wife to tell her that I love her. There's a secured strong room in our office to take shelter in during emergencies.

I love the way you are always so well prepared for any eventualities. You are a model citizen. If everyone was like you Singapore would be so much stronger.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheebye Kia John Tan can not blame Oppie bcos its Papaya ward!! KNN! If this is Hougang caught fire Ah John

will come here KPKB..KNN!! Blame oppie except himself a real papaya Mad Dog anyhow bark!!