• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious BLACK SHOP - Wonderful Durians

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
S$600 can buy you a seafood meal, just cross the causeway.

600 sing is rm1800

msia seafood where got so exp

rm1.8k can have seafood, plus shopping, bluewave, massage and stay Malacca 3 nights sia

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Uncle has been complaining to NEA and CASE Singapore yet this "Wonderful Durian" Stall continue

with Cheating.

Bros what to Do ???

Durian%202_zpsr3iacayn.jpg

Couple shocked by $600 bill for 20kg durians at Sims Ave stall, thought seller was 'kidding'
Read
Kevin Ravendran
Posted on 29 December 2017 | 22,296 views | 49 comments | 244 reading now
Submitted by Stomper Nicole, David

This story was submitted via Facebook. Click here to join our Facebook page.

A couple who were promised 'cheap' durians from a seller at Sims Avenue was instead asked to pay up $600 for the durians.

Stomper Nicole was with her husband, David, when they decided to purchase durians from Wonderful Durians along Sims Avenue past midnight on Dec 27.

However, their experience with the stall was anything but wonderful.

While at the stall. Nicole and her husband requested for several small kampong durians. The seller had allegedly said that he would offer them a cheap price for the durians.

In a telephone interview with Stomp, Nicole said, "He cut the durians and put them in the basket. Then he said $600 for 20kg of durians."

"I thought he was kidding at first. I thought he meant $60, not $600."

She paid for the durians using NETS and upon finding out it was $600, she asked for a refund.

The seller then told her that they could not issue a refund as the durians had already been opened.

Nicole's husband, David, told Stomp, "A Mao Shan Wang durian typically costs $20+ per kilo. These durians are not even Mao Shan Wang."

He added that the durian tasted 'normal' and that it was a 'lousy experience'.

Another branch of the stall which they had bought the durians from was found to have many negative reviews on Facebook.

Unfortunately for the couple, they were only aware of this after they purchased the durians and went to look up the stall on Facebook.

The Facebook page for Wonderful Durians at Geylang Lor 17 is flooded with one-star reviews, with many citing that their Mao Shan Wang durians did not taste anything like it at all and added that the taste was horrible.

B5oK5u4.jpg

ywjReMg.jpg

ov4YxXh.jpg

"I just want other people to be careful when visiting this stall," concluded Nicole.
Couple shocked by $600 bill for 20kg durians at Sims Ave stall, thought seller was 'kidding'
Read
Kevin Ravendran
Posted on 29 December 2017 | 22,296 views | 49 comments | 244 reading now
Submitted by Stomper Nicole, David

This story was submitted via Facebook. Click here to join our Facebook page.

A couple who were promised 'cheap' durians from a seller at Sims Avenue was instead asked to pay up $600 for the durians.

Stomper Nicole was with her husband, David, when they decided to purchase durians from Wonderful Durians along Sims Avenue past midnight on Dec 27.

However, their experience with the stall was anything but wonderful.

While at the stall. Nicole and her husband requested for several small kampong durians. The seller had allegedly said that he would offer them a cheap price for the durians.

In a telephone interview with Stomp, Nicole said, "He cut the durians and put them in the basket. Then he said $600 for 20kg of durians."

"I thought he was kidding at first. I thought he meant $60, not $600."

She paid for the durians using NETS and upon finding out it was $600, she asked for a refund.

The seller then told her that they could not issue a refund as the durians had already been opened.

Nicole's husband, David, told Stomp, "A Mao Shan Wang durian typically costs $20+ per kilo. These durians are not even Mao Shan Wang."

He added that the durian tasted 'normal' and that it was a 'lousy experience'.

Another branch of the stall which they had bought the durians from was found to have many negative reviews on Facebook.

Unfortunately for the couple, they were only aware of this after they purchased the durians and went to look up the stall on Facebook.

The Facebook page for Wonderful Durians at Geylang Lor 17 is flooded with one-star reviews, with many citing that their Mao Shan Wang durians did not taste anything like it at all and added that the taste was horrible.

B5oK5u4.jpg

ywjReMg.jpg

ov4YxXh.jpg

"I just want other people to be careful when visiting this stall," concluded Nicole.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
DurianSeason201301_zps9af06f14.jpg

I love durians. I don't understand why these fuckers are so stupid. Are they not Sinkies? I go faithfully to one store for my durian. His has the real moashan wang from Pahang. Here are PAPsmearer's guide to buying durians:-

1) When you get to the store of your choice, be specific about the type of durian u want. Bitter, sweet, bitter sweet, guni bak etc. Tell the owner you want to eat this type of durian (lets say bitter sweet). A good store owner will tell u right away whether he got stock or not.

2) Once the store owner choses the durian for you, he will open it up. I always negotiate a taste at this time. If I want a bitter sweet durian, and the one that he opens is not bitter sweet, then how? A reputable store will let u taste one seed to confirm the quality and than u decide. A confident store will know that they picked the right durian for you. I have lost count of the number of times I bought it on the spot after tasting one seed.

3) Go earlier if possible. usually, the durian store will open around 2pm. Sometimes around noon. That is when they have the best selection, when their truck comes in. By the time u go around 8pm or later the stock of durian is half gone or more. So, your chance to get the one that you want is diminished. Conversely, if you come across a store that has a lot of durian left at 9.30pm, I would be suspicious as to why he cannot sell them by that time of the day.

4) Once u select the durian that u want, they will weigh it. remember this weight because u pay after u eat and not when u buy. Also. confirm the price per Kg with them. For top quality Moashan wang ( I don't eat anything else, maybe Black Gold from Penang if its available, but not D24 or Red Prawn), you should pay no more then $22 per kg, as of last week from this writing. So, for a large durian, 3kg or more, you should not pay $70. These prices are lower then last year's which was around $40 per kg. DO all this before u start eating.

5) A good Moashan Wang would have small seeds and big tasty flesh. The really good MSW will have double row of seeds in one husk.

6) If u have a reliable durian store that u go to, stick with them. Some people go to other stores because its a few dollars cheaper per kg, or because their friend recommended another store, etc. I always go back to the same store.

7) Get to know the owner. If he remembers u, u can call during the day and he will reserved what u want for later in the evening. I have done this before. If I want 4 durians adding up to 9-10kg, 2 bitter, 2 bitter sweet, he will have it for me when I get that at the time that I tell him.

8) Don't be cheap and try and bargain down the price with him. He is opening the durians for u in front of his staff and other customers. If u bargain with him, he will not lower the price or everyone else will do the same.

9) People say, "Go to Malaysia, durian is cheaper there". It is, but its not good stuff. The good Malaysian durians have been exported to China and SIngapore because these 2 countries are willing to pay a higher price. In the case of China, many Chinese companies have bought up durian plantations and only send their stock overseas to China. The stuff sold on the local Malaysian market is rejected for export and rumoured to have lots of pesticide.

Disclaimer: The above are just my personal observations and from my personal experiences.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's no such thing as a honest durian seller, honest property agent, honest car dealer or virgin prostitute.

caveat emptor when you know you are dealing with them.

How about the politicians that the 70% voted in?, the qualify? caveat emptor when voting!

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's no such thing as a honest durian seller, honest property agent, honest car dealer or virgin prostitute.

my uncle say if you are fast enough maybe have virgin prostitute in 3rd world cuntry.

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its called Combat Durian outside the Goh Chor Tua Pek Kong Temple. How long ago u eat there? Durian hasn't been seasonal in many years. I am talking about last week that I ate my MSW.
Oohhh..sorry, bro! Its was eons ago when I was staying Moulmein Rd..the temple did hve those fighting fish competition(u can wage for da winner)which was held under the performing stage..

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

No such thing as a corruption free politician either.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the price & rate they selling durians every night...they should be paying GST too.

IRS, please investigate.