• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Billions of CPF $s gone up in smoke!

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's just a paper loss. Don't worry about it. Temasick plans for the long term.

Ho Ching is a very astute investor and can see way into the distant future.

In a decade or so, all those shares will be worth at least a 100 times what they are worth now.
Leong Sam,

Not if the companies involcved close shop[.lah,if close shop,then all gone.

I did try my best to advise PAP not to overlook the fact that commercial organisations are not nations,they are capable of closing down,but they ignored my advicw,see how many banks already closed or on the way to close.

You want 10,000 yeaus also no use lah,but if not your money,may be OK.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Citi - 4.80

UBS 8.80

Merrill - 8.50

My target of 3.50 for Citi & 4.50 for Merrill gonna come sooner than expected.

Huat argh!

At the close:

Citi - 4.71

UBS - 8.44

Merrill - 7.96

LVS - 3.90

Last week mystery buyer who subscribed US$1.52 bln
for LVS priced at 5.50 per share, now looks like an idiot.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just renounce your citizenship - or die - and you're guaranteed to get your CPF money. So stop making these wild allegations.

Citi - 6.35 ~ Mandatory conversion by Dec 08 at US$33

Merrill - 9.65 ~ Purchased at US$29

UBS - 9.30 ~ Mandatory conversion at US$51 by Dec 08

They would lose about US$50 bln for the stakes of these three banks
they bought in Dec 2007 and that is excluding Barclays & Standchart.

Kiss our CPF savings goodbye liao!

sherrry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite funny sometimes, how I see the gahmen jump into investments. Any financial advisor will tell you to split the eggs, and not put all into 1. There's need to plan for short, mid & long term investments & returns, to ensure sustainability.

It would be complete folly to only look at distant long term goals that are too far fetched. As much as anybody can forecast progress & returns, nobody can forecast crisis. Which is why it is necessary to have layers of safety net for short & mid term.

Unless you're satisfied that there's $ to spend 10yrs from now, but there's nothing for tomorrow & the day after. Who knows if you would survive till that day.

mario69

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry bros...meaning i migrate and renouce citizenship, i can withdraw my cpf ah? good leh...can siam reservist also..haha

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Relax lah... the money were never meant for us anyway...

Yes, manyy here realise that but now with the losses they are going to try to make up from the only profitable source , Spore.

Expect the mother of all increases for the comming years :rolleyes:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
The government of Singapore does not burn money. It makes wise investments.

They don't burn they just waste and you have not answer my question on your statement that the government only bets on winning horses, then what about ABC Learning which actually contradicts what you claimed in your second sentence. Can you please explain.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just renounce your citizenship - or die - and you're guaranteed to get your CPF money. So stop making these wild allegations.

Yep every Singaporean will get their CPF money- guaranteed. Except they decidedly forgot to add in these few words: when you're 85 years old.

And these words, if they really exist in the minds of the PAP, does make a whole lot of difference.

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite funny sometimes, how I see the gahmen jump into investments. Any financial advisor will tell you to split the eggs, and not put all into 1. There's need to plan for short, mid & long term investments & returns, to ensure sustainability.

It would be complete folly to only look at distant long term goals that are too far fetched. As much as anybody can forecast progress & returns, nobody can forecast crisis. Which is why it is necessary to have layers of safety net for short & mid term.

Unless you're satisfied that there's $ to spend 10yrs from now, but there's nothing for tomorrow & the day after. Who knows if you would survive till that day.
The chief -Madam HO was an engineer lah,and only worked as engineer in her entire working life.

Any surprise?You shouldnt be

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't want to wait till you're 85, renouce your citizenship and collect your money at the door.

Yep every Singaporean will get their CPF money- guaranteed. Except they decidedly forgot to add in these few words: when you're 85 years old.

And these words, if they really exist in the minds of the PAP, does make a whole lot of difference.

sir cum-a-lot

Alfrescian
Loyal
The chief -Madam HO was an engineer lah,and only worked as engineer in her entire working life.

Any surprise?You shouldnt be
in short, she gives engineers a bad name. Clearly she's an engineer who can't manage simultaneous equations

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't want to wait till you're 85, renouce your citizenship and collect your money at the door.

You're insisting on a chicken-and-egg situation. The precise reason on why most Singaporeans cannot move is because a big majority of their money is locked up in CPF.

You say that they can move, but unless they have S$100k ready for the initial settling-down period for Australia, they cannot move, and won't be able to claim back the CPF. And in case you forgot, it takes more than 5 years to claim citizenship through naturalisation.

I only move, as I said, as I have only a nominal sum of money in my CPF, and my family can afford my studies. As long as I don't work and stay in Singapore, the PAP has nothing on me.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
The government of Singapore does not burn money. It makes wise investments.

Hahaha! Our version of Marie Antoinette is not accountable for all the goofs she has made. Soon she will say "Let them eat cake". Just like someone who thinks S$600K is PEANUTS!!

Sammael

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's just a paper loss. Don't worry about it. Temasick plans for the long term.

Ho Ching is a very astute investor and can see way into the distant future.

In a decade or so, all those shares will be worth at least a 100 times what they are worth now.

If they turnaround she claims credit; if not, peasants will lick the wounds!
How to win?:biggrin: