• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beware of a Game to win iPad by Teracom!!

Meteour

Alfrescian
Loyal
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday, I participated in a game which poped out an invitation to play while I was surfing www.sina.com. I did play but am totally unaware that per answer I gave will cost me S$3 each until my service provider, Starhub, kindly alerted me today. I learnt from Starhub that the company behind this game is Teracom.

When I called Teracom's hotline, the representative told me flatly that the fact that I did not read the fine prints on their website is not their fault/problem and I received no further assistance for my oversight. She conveyed that I will be charged S$300 plus with a full stop. I asked for the person in charge here in Singapore and I was refused the answer.

So I was made to feel that I am the stupid idiot who played a game without reading the fine prints. Again, who in the right mind would in the middle of a fun game visit the game provider website to look at all the fine prints?

My interpretation of their reply is that if you are stupid and careless, then that is your problem.

I hope that those who happen to read this to spread the words so that there will not be more victims. Companies who treat consumers as idiots do not deserve to earn a profit in Singapore's market.

Dear readers, please help!!

.:mad:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>So I was made to feel that I am the stupid idiot who played a game without reading the fine prints. Again, who in the right mind would in the middle of a fun game visit the game provider website to look at all the fine prints?<<

Read the print highlighted in red. That's you alright. :rolleyes:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
theres_a_sucker_born_every_minute_bumper_sticker-p128722713990743465trl0_400.jpg

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who is charging you to begin with?

nobody.

i just want to warn my staff about it. because if it's true, they might fall for it like the threadstarter.

I wanted to get that pop up so that i can show my staff and warn them about it.

but nothing pop up.