• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Places to Live in USA

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
But only if you are a filthy rich :biggrin:

CNN Best Places to Live

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2009/top100/

1 Louisville, CO 18,800
2 Chanhassen, MN 23,700
3 Papillion, NE 22,200
4 Middleton, WI 16,900
5 Milton, MA 25,400
6 Warren, NJ 16,100
7 Keller, TX 38,100
8 Peachtree City, GA 34,500
9 Lake St. Louis, MO 13,900
10 Mukilteo, WA

1. Louisville, CO

Some towns nestled along the Rockies are full of pretentious eco-hipsters. Not Louisville. Ice cream shops dot the historic downtown. Families grab burgers at the cozy Waterloo Café. A Friday-night street fair, with a beer garden, live music, and games for the kids, runs all summer. No wonder this down-to-earth town has appeared high on Money's Best Places list before--and on many others.

It's also weathering the economic downturn well. Robust industries in the area, such as high tech, energy, and health care, make county unemployment among the lowest in the state.

But the top reason residents give for moving here? The great outdoors. Louisville is laced with nearly 30 miles of trails, Rocky Mountain National Park is less than an hour away, and eight world-class ski resorts are within two hours. The town's schools are highly rated as well.

Add in dry, clear weather, little crime, good health care, and low taxes, and Louisville is pretty tough to beat.

mustspeakup

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife friend Living in a states reported a teenager kena raped and murdered in one nice neighbourhood in a nice little city few days ago.

Don't let your guard down!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gopalan is actually living is a great place, California - warm and sunny. And he is in a smaller city, where it is much safer.

I bet Gopalan will tell you he did not regret migrating to USA :biggrin:

fremont is a very beautiful place. it's flanked by the mission peak range on the east and the valley and bay to the west. it has many sprawling parks and huge acres of wildlife refuge - a perfect place for a stroll or a hike after suffering a massive stroke of the gopalan kind. :biggrin:

if you are coming to visit fremont, please give me a shout and i'll walk, jog and grind your blubber off. if you're into the more aggressive kind of bodily exercise, you can easily shake off the fat when the next earthquake strikes. fremont happens to have two active faultlines running alongside the ridgelines: calaveras and hayward faults. :p

cfiles12324.jpg

cfiles15723.jpg

Trout

Alfrescian
Loyal
fremont is a very beautiful place. it's flanked by the mission peak range on the east and the valley and bay to the west. it has many sprawling parks and huge acres of wildlife refuge - a perfect place for a stroll or a hike after suffering a massive stroke of the gopalan kind. :biggrin:

if you are coming to visit fremont, please give me a shout and i'll walk, jog and grind your blubber off. if you're into the more aggressive kind of bodily exercise, you can easily shake off the fat when the next earthquake strikes. fremont happens to have two active faultlines running alongside the ridgelines: calaveras and hayward faults. :p

Wah liew, I was there in may-june last year and asked you out and you didn't bother. I did meet Gopalan then though, and had a very stroke-inducing dinner with him. Lots of oily-fatty-fried sing-malaysian food at that Malaysian-Singapore restaurant in Fremont-Milpitas area, forgot the name, banana leaf or something. Unfortunately, he thought I was someone from ISD or some PAP agent that's checking up on him.

I was expecting him to treat, but turned out we went dutch. :P

I might be dropping by again for a conference in September, if you free, let's meet up again or something.

Cheers,
Trout

mayliewwan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you been to California during summer time?? One relative in Stockton always kow peh kow bu when temp above triple digits

I have to agree. I think California has the best weather. Never over 20c and maybe just barely at 10c. In Canada where I am it is cold in the winter and hot in the summer :mad:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah liew, I was there in may-june last year and asked you out and you didn't bother. I did meet Gopalan then though, and had a very stroke-inducing dinner with him. Lots of oily-fatty-fried sing-malaysian food at that Malaysian-Singapore restaurant in Fremont-Milpitas area, forgot the name, banana leaf or something. Unfortunately, he thought I was someone from ISD or some PAP agent that's checking up on him.

I was expecting him to treat, but turned out we went dutch. :P

I might be dropping by again for a conference in September, if you free, let's meet up again or something.

Cheers,
Trout

sorry about that. must have missed your message, posting or email last year. will make it up this year. i'll mark my calendar to free up september, and if the conference is in sf, it'll be a much cooler place to be at that time of year. hope to meet you then. :biggrin:

Trout

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry about that. must have missed your message, posting or email last year. will make it up this year. i'll mark my calendar to free up september, and if the conference is in sf, it'll be a much cooler place to be at that time of year. hope to meet you then. :biggrin:

You did reply - you asked me to look for the sing lau kway bu's' in the bay area instead, hahaha. Wanted to go to one SGconnect event down there (some picnic at shoreline park or something), but ended up clashing with a few other events I had to go to (I think it was Bay to Breakers, hahaha).

I thought I would be staying a bit longer down there, but I got a job back in Singapore soon after (startup thing didn't work out after my whole team chickened out on me).

Conference thing is still not definite - have to make sure my abstract for a podium presentation is accepted, will know in june.

Cheers,
Trout