• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beholden to defend the nation or willing to defend ...

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
... the nation wholeheartedly?

Does your NSF duty become beholden to the PAP or your personal willingness to defend the nation for your family and country?

what's your say?

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was a soldier & reservist, it was all for my family and friends. Now we are supposed to defend the lives and interest of the many foreigners that are squeezed into the island as well. Please tell me, why the !@#$ should we?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
me will definitely fight and defend for my loved ones and me will put them in a safe zone first.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The SAF Pledge -

"We, Members of the Singapore Armed Forces, do solemnly and sincerely pledge that: We will always bear true faith and allegiance to the President and the Republic of Singapore; We will always support and defend the Constitution; We will preserve and protect the honour and independence of our country with our lives."

You recited that before you were shipped off to BMT.

So how? Still defend or not?

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
me will definitely fight and defend for my loved ones and me will put them in a safe zone first.

And how exactly do you do that? As a soldier you follow orders, you can't choose which part of Singapore you fight in. I think you watch to many movies.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

And how exactly do you do that? As a soldier you follow orders, you can't choose which part of Singapore you fight in. I think you watch to many movies.

That is an ideal situation.

Most of the time we will be deployed at areas holding off the aggressors for a long enough time so that the 超级白 and their croonies have time to scoot off.

Last edited:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was a soldier & reservist, it was all for my family and friends. Now we are supposed to defend the lives and interest of the many foreigners that are squeezed into the island as well. Please tell me, why the !@#$ should we?

You pledged to defend your countries constitution.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is an ideal situation.

Most of the time we will be deployed at areas holding off the aggressors for a long enough time so that the 超级白 and their croonies have time to scoot off.

think by the time the army is mobilized, the pap leaders are already halfway in the sky to London already.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
think by the time the army is mobilized, the pap leaders are already halfway in the sky to London already.

Then i hope that our brothers guarding the sky will let go one heat seeker up that plane's ass.

Fratricide - Colleteral damage, happens during the course of war.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The SAF Pledge -

"We, Members of the Singapore Armed Forces, do solemnly and sincerely pledge that: We will always bear true faith and allegiance to the President and the Republic of Singapore; We will always support and defend the Constitution; We will preserve and protect the honour and independence of our country with our lives."

I don't remember reciting any pledges. Only being being packed into a cramped 3 tonner & that was it. Looks like the scholars have added more nonsense to the NS experience:rolleyes:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't remember reciting any pledges. Only being being packed into a cramped 3 tonner & that was it. Looks like the scholars have added more nonsense to the NS experience:rolleyes:

Think they had it for a long while already but will need the old birds to confirm.

I was from the 90s.. Pai seh. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think they had it for a long while already but will need the old birds to confirm.

I was from the 90s.. Pai seh. :biggrin:

My batch was in the 70's. Maybe we were made to recite some inane pledge but I really don't remember. Only remember how uncomfortable it was being packed in that truck. It's something I prefer to forget about :o

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

The practical operation is for NS men to rush to the airports to prevent pap leaders from running road to Switzerland.
WTF,we should be defending the nation BUT we are now guarding the pap leaders.LOL!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I think you watch to many movies.

in any conflict, there will be a build up of aggression. my family will be out of this forsaken place altogether.
and true to SAF style, we'll fight outside Singapore soil :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Does your NSF duty become beholden to the PAP or your personal willingness to defend the nation for your family and country?

what's your say?

Remember the questionnaire at the end of every reservist training?

'Strongly Disagree' for those questions e.g. "I am prepared to defend Singapore.", "I am confident of defending Singapore." etc. :biggrin:

At the end of the day, conscripts are still... conscripts. They didn't do it out of free will. Your propaganda won't work on most of them.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

what's your say?

God damn moron.

It was neithier.

It was a forced upon duty and one would make sure that after one is done with it, one will.

1) neithier return to do any more such things called 'in-camp'
2) or want to know if any more Sinkie will shit in their pants now whenever they need to serve in it!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The SAF Pledge -

The SAF Pledge is tosh, just like the SAF Core Values.

The Singapore Constitution is worthless... it does not even protect the basic civil liberties of a Singapore citizen. Support and defend it? LOL! :rolleyes:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

what's your say?

Bring your loved ones out of here..

Then go AWOL when your unit ask you to report..