• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BBC comes out in defense of Islamic child marriages in India

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.opindia.com/2023/02/bbc-has-come-out-in-support-of-child-marriages-in-assam/

The Indian state of Assam is executing a massive crackdown against child marriages in the state right now, arresting thousands of people involved in these marriages. Thousands of cases have been filed and most of them have resulted in arrests.

While most sane people have praised the Assam government for cracking down on child marriages, the national broadcaster of the United Kingdom, British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), has strongly come out in support of child marriages.

First BBC published a piece titled, “Indian women protest against child marriage mass arrest”, trying to push the theory that Indian women are somehow in favor of child marriages. Interestingly, BBC in its own report says that child marriages are prevalent in India due to patriarchal traditions, and then goes on to support that patriarchy.

If one report wasn’t enough, BBC came back to affirm that they really support child marriages in another piece titled, “Assam: India child brides desperate after mass arrests”. In this piece, the BBC writer Zoya Mateen argued that arresting men involved in child marriages leaves their child brides without any support.

Once again, the BBC tried to imply that this crackdown on child marriages is somehow discriminatory against Muslims since they are mostly involved in child marriages. Coming from any other source, it would have counted as racist and Islamophobic, but somehow BBC can get away with saying that Muslims indulge in child marriages.

BBC also goes on to say that cracking down on such child marriages will force these marriages underground, so what are we supposed to do BBC, allow child marriages overground? Allow 60 years old men to marry 8 years old girls?…

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who is Jimmy Savile?
Can a sinkieland muslim 80 years old man permitted by MUIS to marry a 8 years old girl?
You cannot marry the underaged.
By how i understand it, once a person reaches puberty, he is considered a adult to muslims. Boys are sent to work and war. Don't waste your time in classsrooms. You learn faster and gain more if you start working at a earlier age. But NGO's in the west have made this impossible.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
By how i understand it, once a person reaches puberty, he is considered a adult to muslims. Boys are sent to work and war. Don't waste your time in classsrooms. You learn faster and gain more if you start working at a earlier age. But NGO's in the west have made this impossible.

I feel that muuds kids should give up their precious national eduational privileges (primary to tertiary) to infidels. They should focus more on MUIS madrasah education and religious related matter like hijab, circumcision, haji pligrim etc. @Loofydralb would agree that will help to prepare them well for afterlife instead of wasting time on stock market, science, music and chasing bank interest which are harams.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel that muuds kids should give up their precious national eduational privileges (primary to tertiary) to infidels. They should focus more on MUIS madrasah education and religious related matter like hijab, circumcision, haji pligrim etc. @Loofydralb would agree that will help to prepare them well for afterlife instead of wasting time on stock market, science, music and chasing bank interest which are harams.
There is no more special privileges for the dumb malays. LKY made sure if that before he went to hell.
If you chase after this life which not even a blink of the eye when compared to hellfire for eternity?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP took away malay land and dispersed malay to deny them a malay majority constituency. Even umno doesn't treat minorities like this.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no more special privileges for the dumb malays. LKY made sure if that before he went to hell.
If you chase after this life which not even a blink of the eye when compared to hellfire for eternity?

You are right, the earthly life is short as compared to how long a civilization and age of the earth can be. Malays should be more religious after LKY's era and focus more on islamic matters. Our neighbours in SEA are very interested to send their kids our schools, malays should give up their slots and attend full time MUIS madrasahs and government should fund more madrassahs.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP took away malay land and dispersed malay to deny them a malay majority constituency. Even umno doesn't treat minorities like this.

I am a pendatang and agree with you that we the late comers must be fair to them. At least should let the descendants of the last sultan to continue to live in their istana in kampong glam.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right, the earthly life is short as compared to how long a civilization and age of the earth can be. Malays should be more religious after LKY's era and focus more on islamic matters. Our neighbours in SEA are very interested to send their kids our schools, malays should give up their slots and attend full time MUIS madrasahs and government should fund more madrassahs.
You are erroneous to think that Islamic education precludes the contemporary sciences, humanities or technology.
The Prophet has reminded us to seek knowledge for the benefit of humankind and stay away from those clearly warned against.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
@Loofydralb

The Quran instructions to believers on music. In arabic music and singing are considered idle talks:

1. “And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing) to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah…” [Luqmaan 31:6]

32. And you laugh at it and weep not, Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing)” [al-Najm 53:59-61]

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a pendatang but agree with you. At least should let the descendanst of the sultan to continue to live in their istana in kampong glam.
Its not just kampung glam. Many other kampung areas seized and population dispersed,

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
bukhari:
Volume 2, Book 15, Number 72:
Narrated Aisha:
Abu Bakr came to my house while two small Ansari girls were singing beside me the stories of the Ansar concerning the Day of Buath. And they were not singers. Abu Bakr said protestingly, "Musical instruments of Satan in the house of Allah's Apostle !" It happened on the 'Id day and Allah's Apostle said, "O Abu Bakr! There is an 'Id for every nation and this is our 'Id."

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is no minimum age for marriage and that girls can be married “even if they are in the cradle.” — Dr. Salih bin Fawzan, prominent cleric and member of Saudi Arabia’s highest religious council

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like i said before, clerics have no status in the belief. You are suppise to emulate abraham who shunned religion.

Muslims are supposed to emulate Muhammed, not ibrahim lah. Check the fact.

Aisha herself recount the scene:
The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, “Best wishes and Allah’s Blessing and a good luck.” Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah’s Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Bukhari 5.58.234).