• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Basic Explanation of ''No-Self Concept'' - Proves All Religions are Man-Made.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All religions tell you that you have a permanent, never-changing soul or self or identity that will spend eternity in hell or heaven...........

The Buddha taught that an ''individual'' is a combination of five aggregates of existence, also called the Five Skandhas which are:

1st) Form >> physical forms

2nd) Sensation >> feelings, emotional and physical, and our senses -- seeing, hearing, tasting, touching, smelling.

3rd) Perception >> thinking, conceptualization, cognition, reasoning or when coming into contact with a physical object or an idea.

4th) Mental formations >> habits, prejudices and predispositions. Our volition, or willfulness, as are attention, faith, conscientiousness, pride, desire, vindictiveness, and other mental states. The causes and effects of karma are especially important to the fourth skandha.

5th) Consciousness >> awareness of an object, the third skandha might recognize the object and assign a concept-value to it, and the fourth skandha might react with desire or revulsion or other mental formation. The fifth skandha ties the experience of life together.

### Understand that skandhas are empty. Buddha taught that "you" are not an integral, autonomous entity. The individual self, or what we might call the ego, is a by-product of the skandhas.

Trying to find your ''soul or self'' is just like trying to find the ''car''............there's no ''car'' since a car is made of different parts...............just like the ''identity'' is made up of the skandhas..............

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"All religions tell you that you have a permanent, never-changing soul or self or identity that will spend eternity in hell or heaven."

Although This part of teaching is different from other religion but it does not mean that being different in view is the " truth " .

"Trying to find your ''soul or self'' is just like trying to find the ''car''............there's no ''car'' since a car is made of different parts...............just like the ''identity'' is made up of the skandhas.............."

Anyway the concept of no self is very complicating .. A life is a life ... Why make it until so complicated ? If you can't find yourself then how are u going to understand yourself in life ? How u expect ppl to understand u if u can't even understand yourself ? By the way , using Buddha logic that there is no car because car is made of different part can I also say there's no Buddha teaching ? .. Since Buddha teaching is also make of different part of teaching . If there are no Buddha teaching then what the heck is buddha teaching .

If ppl have this kind of no self concept mentality ...are they living life aimlessly ? giving up everything like the Buddha ? Family , wife , parents , Money , car , house ....Ect . everything is not important anymore ... It's a negative teaching .. Which I don agree . Are we suppose to make full use of our life before we die ?

This is the reason why I don't like religion .. It always trying to change ppl thinking by talking some nonsense .

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you don't understand, it's ok..............like i said, it's hard to understand and even harder to explain..........there are many people that are Buddhists for decades and they still don't understand what's Emptiness...........

by the way, don't you think if there's a God...........it should be formless, nameless and genderless ?............just like the Ultimate Reality, it should be impossible to describe it.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you don't understand, it's ok..............like i said, it's hard to understand and even harder to explain..........there are many people that are Buddhists for decades and they still don't understand what's Emptiness...........

by the way, don't you think if there's a God...........it should be formless, nameless and genderless ?............just like the Ultimate Reality, it should be impossible to describe it.

Bro it not that I don't understand it's because there's a lot of contradiction in his teaching too .

" by the way, don't you think if there's a God...........it should be formless, nameless and genderless ?............just like the Ultimate Reality, it should be impossible to describe it. "

Seriously , I never once thought how god should look like if there's one . Because I know that there's no god . For example if I ask u what gender or religion a roti monster look like .. You surely cannot answer my question. because there's no roti monster .

Last edited: