• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Banking & Finance (includes credit cards posting)

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Which bank offers the best FD rate for non-residents?

How do you remit large amount of money over to Singapore? For example, in the event you sell off your property in JB?

Thanks.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

How do you remit large amount of money over to Singapore? For example, in the event you sell off your property in JB?

Thanks.

One way to do this is to open a SGD account in with your bank in Malaysia, convert your RM and wire to Singapore. Banks may be required to audit the source of funds, just to make sure that there is nothing illegal in the transaction. From what they told me, the S&P agreement and other legal documents will be sufficient proof that the proceeds are from property transaction, after paying the capital gains, if applicable.

Of course, banks don't give you the best exchange rates. There may be other means, but I am not sure.

kienyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

One way to do this is to open a SGD account in with your bank in Malaysia, convert your RM and wire to Singapore. Banks may be required to audit the source of funds, just to make sure that there is nothing illegal in the transaction. From what they told me, the S&P agreement and other legal documents will be sufficient proof that the proceeds are from property transaction, after paying the capital gains, if applicable.

Of course, banks don't give you the best exchange rates. There may be other means, but I am not sure.

Can we remit via money changer? The same way that we have does from SG to MY. Need experts here to advise.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal

Which is a good bank to open account with to do remittances and sgd accounts, etc?

anthonion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Most competitive mortgage provider/bank

Yeah, seems by far the best I've come across.
Interest depends on BLR ba...
Which bank you've opted for?

Hi bro n sis
Can pls pm me some banker contacts ard bkt indah / Gelang Patah region?
I wanna compare... So far i only got maybank ..any Cimb, hong leong, Stan chart citi etc are welcome
Thanks a lot!!

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi bro n sis
Can pls pm me some banker contacts ard bkt indah / Gelang Patah region?
I wanna compare... So far i only got maybank ..any Cimb, hong leong, Stan chart citi etc are welcome
Thanks a lot!!

If you bought from developer, advisable to deal with the panel bankers. Get their contacts from the developer.
If you bought resale, you can try calling Jono from CIMB Nusa Bestari. He's my banker for my NI house purchased direct from developer.

Margono Suratman (JONO)
Hp : +6019 7900124 | Tel: +607 5121788 | Email: [email protected]

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

13 banks starting next year the column processes timetable ‧ mortgage approved not approved within 16 days of notice

(Selangor ‧ Petaling Jaya, 27) The good news for homebuyers!

Its 13 member banks of the Association of Banks in Malaysia (ABM) from January 1 next year, the standardization of the principal terms of RM500, 000 or housing loan contract file, in addition to let homebuyers more clearly the entire process, qualify by the latest know in 16 days, the bank whether or not to approve the loan application.
Line with the new measures to be implemented from next year, the special list a timetable, the time of the entire application for the loan process, including about two working days after the bank received the complete file of applicants notice to the other party in writing or orally, its application is being processed.

Applies to 500,000 or below mortgage

Individual commercial banks apply for a loan processes required for varying lengths of time, as the case with the the unified principal terms of the documents released, allows homebuyers more manageable mortgage application, but also understand their responsibilities and rights.

In any case, the measure applies only to individuals to purchase residential mortgage payment does not exceed RM500, 000, which also can not be combined with other loans to facilitate. However, mortgage payments can cover the renovation costs of the housing, mortgage insurance (MRTA), and attorney's fees.

The participation of commercial banks including Maybank, Public Bank, Hong Leong Bank, CIMB Bank, Industrial Bank and HSBC Bank.

Association of Banks in Malaysia on its Web site, issued a statement to announce the implementation of the new measures, and revealed that the news conference will be held in the near future, in order to let consumers know more details.

Only those who qualify under construction housing should be a time of audit

Association of Banks in Malaysia, listed the main flow of the loan application and the required number of days, but limited to the general case of eligible housing development projects under construction, you may need more audit time.

Counting 30 days to 60 days, in accordance with the relevant procedures, after the approval of the loan application, the bank will be issued within three working days to approve the loan documents (letter of offer) and sign the relevant documents in the applicant will prepare a complete loan and legal documents for issuing loans.

Last step is received within five working days after the lawyer's letter loans, bank loans will be officially.

In addition, after the reunification of less than RM500, 000 or housing loan principal terms of the contract documents, will be divided into three parts, namely banks of the first part of the terms of the uniform, the second part of that is not covered by the terms in Part A, and The final portion of the bank issued to approve the loan documents.

The first part of the file will set out the details of all housing loans, including borrowers, loan interest rate, amortization period, interest calculations, the lock-up period of default / arrears Loans and mortgage-related information.

Homebuyers have questions, you can email the the Association [email protected] or call the hotline at 1300-88-9980 during working hours.

Chen Chung Ling: the loan process to help homebuyers ready

On the other hand, Chan Chung Ling, director of the Malaysian the homebuyers Association (HBA) Chinese group that the new measures to be implemented by the Association of Banks in Malaysia, allowing homebuyers to clear the loan process, let them ahead to prepare.

"Everyone's situation is different, and the mortgage period is generally up to 20-30 years, the bank will not easily approve the application process with the reference period, homebuyers can understand the operation of the bank." He said, homebuyers generally most concerned about , the ability to get the best mortgage rates and hope were loans in the shortest possible time, so do not complicate the application program is best.

"In the general case, if the file get ready, the application process smoothly loans within four months is possible, but the houses, who do not have title deeds or lease is 99 years, second-hand housing, may need more time." He jobs listed by the Association of Banks in Malaysia deadline for reference only, plus the competitive relationship between the banks, because of the different circumstances of each applicant, the application of the conditions required audit time may be shorter.

13 commercial banks involved in
Maybank.
Affin Bank.
CIMB Bank.
Citibank
Hong Leong Bank.
HSBC Bank.
7 OCBC
8 Public Bank
Industrial Bank 9.
Standard Chartered Bank 10.
UOB 11.
Allianz Bank 12.
AmBank 13.

cheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Brother I want to apply mm2h, please advise me step by step how to do it can bor? Tq

cheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wrong la. I went to hong Leong to open a priority banking account ... Fd 300k no problem leh....

newtown

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

13 banks starting next year the column processes timetable ‧ mortgage approved not approved within 16 days of notice

(Selangor ‧ Petaling Jaya, 27) The good news for homebuyers!

13 commercial banks involved in
Maybank.
Affin Bank.
CIMB Bank.
Citibank
Hong Leong Bank.
HSBC Bank.
7 OCBC
8 Public Bank
Industrial Bank 9.
Standard Chartered Bank 10.
UOB 11.
Allianz Bank 12.
AmBank 13.

nice infor potter. Thank you very much.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

"In the general case, if the file get ready, the application process smoothly loans within four months is possible, but the houses, who do not have title deeds or lease is 99 years, second-hand housing, may need more time." He jobs listed by the Association of Banks in Malaysia deadline for reference only, plus the competitive relationship between the banks, because of the different circumstances of each applicant, the application of the conditions required audit time may be shorter.

Those whom consider 99LH is alright; please think again.

The banks do not think 99LH and FH should be treated equally.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Those whom consider 99LH is alright; please think again.

The banks do not think 99LH and FH should be treated equally.

Agree. Many still buying into it however. :(

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

LL kena con by our selfish gov buying 99yrs flat still not enough... :biggrin:

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal

How long does it normally take to get a cheque book if I open a current account in JB?
Is it faster to do it online or can get on the spot when I apply at the bank? :biggrin:
Need to use the cheque for booking fee and other payments.

cheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal

How long does it normally take to get a cheque book if I open a current account in JB?
Is it faster to do it online or can get on the spot when I apply at the bank? :biggrin:

You can pay cash ah....

I apply hong Leong bank, they give me chek book in about 3-4days only.

cheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can pay cash ah....

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can pay cash ah....

Thanks for your reply! Anyway I applied online over the weekend.
Hopefully they don't take too long to process and prepare the cheque book.

Can pay cash yes but somehow still feel safer to issue cheque to company.
Cheque must be banked in and will have a paper trail. :smile:
Hot cash too easy to misappropriate.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any good and senior loan officer to recommend? Citibank and Maybank?

Thanks...

cheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hello bro sister,

I also looking for loan officers from Malayan bank and public bank for my friend... to buy house at setia tropika.

Anyone can give me contact bor?

Thank you.