• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Banking & Finance (includes credit cards posting)

xploral

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Home loan from Malaysia Banks .

thanks summervale. look through the loan rate . it stated 4%. how come some wbsite shown 6.6%. .Wonder what is the different?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Merging threads as this is already an existing active discussion.

brett7775

Re: Most competitive mortgage provider/bank

That sounds quite good but i would like to know more and if you could tell me more that would be interesting to know.

Thanks

Brett

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you looked at earlier post #21

Interest at BLR -2.45% (for 300k and above) and BLR - 2.5% (for above 500k).
If I am not wrong, current BLR is 6.6%.

So 6.6 -2.5 (if above 500K) = 4.1%

thanks summervale. look through the loan rate . it stated 4%. how come some wbsite shown 6.6%. .Wonder what is the different?

xploral

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you looked at earlier post #21

Interest at BLR -2.45% (for 300k and above) and BLR - 2.5% (for above 500k).
If I am not wrong, current BLR is 6.6%.

So 6.6 -2.5 (if above 500K) = 4.1%

Oh! I see. So, in this case getting loan from bank should be lower than getting it from developer! Thanks for enlightening. Which bank had better deal currently? If I loan above 500k !

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is diffcult to comments as the banks offer usually are on case by case basis.
You can only get bank loan and not from developer.
You have to contact bank rep. to find out more.
BTW, any property you have in mind? If new development, may have some bank rep around.

Oh! I see. So, in this case getting loan from bank should be lower than getting it from developer! Thanks for enlightening. Which bank had better deal currently? If I loan above 500k !

xploral

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is diffcult to comments as the banks offer usually are on case by case basis.
BTW, any property you have in mind? If new development, may have some bank rep around.

I still not yet settle any property yet. Am still looking. Thanks!

xploral

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes, I am still looking for new property. During the week end, go jalan jalan. Visit some sales office also. I think there some bank rep at the corner..

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Is it a MUST to buy MRTA ??

"Originally Posted by Taryn
MRTA is mortgage reducing term assurance. The amount assured is the balance of the home loan and it reduces as you pay off the mortgage. The length or term will often be the loan tenure.

Personally, I think it's very important if the house is for own stay with family and you are main bread winner. If anything happen to you (death, disability, terminal illness) then your family won't have to worry about monthly mortgage on top of their sorrow/worry for you lor. They will always have a roof over their head that is fully paid for.

But for investment or if other family members work also then not so bad la. Still it could become a fully paid up passive income stream for them. I know some banks insists la, so no choice but it's not a bad thing. "

Agree with that, some banks will insist but others may back down if you push back hard enough

It does have some merit if you have dependents. But I don't think not having a choice is good. If it doesn't make sense in a certain situation (you already have life insurance...) you should have a choice, so I would look at banks that are reasonable. If they are loaning a high percentage of current value I can understand having a bit of insurance to cover if you both fail to pay and then prices drop...

ngek32

Re: Which bank offers the best FD rate for non-residents?

Hi

need to ask this question here.

I have properties in malaysia and stayed in jb. but its hard for me to get local credit cards. Does anyone have any clue how to get cc?

Forget the banks, go for Malaysian building Society if you want to invest FD and purely after higher interest.

Bro, this society sounds interesting, but how "safe"?

silvia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Banking in Malaysia Tread

Hope to start a tread for everyone to share their experience in the banking sector in Malaysia.

Example: Housing Loan, Car Loan, Fixed Deposit, Saving Account etc.

Recently i have heard some of my friends mentioning that Malaysia Fixed Deposit Account's interest rate is much higher than our Smellypore's bank, is it true?
Cos i have been monitoring the exchange rate, now is like almost SGD1=RM2.5, if i can keep exchanging and saving in Malaysia account and provided i spend those future money in Malaysia, i might have a bigger portion of money saved in Malaysia than Singapore. Thinking of doing that, would like to know more views and thinking from bro and sis here. :o

lakeview

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Banking in Malaysia Tread

Hope to start a tread for everyone to share their experience in the banking sector in Malaysia.

Example: Housing Loan, Car Loan, Fixed Deposit, Saving Account etc.

Recently i have heard some of my friends mentioning that Malaysia Fixed Deposit Account's interest rate is much higher than our Smellypore's bank, is it true?
Cos i have been monitoring the exchange rate, now is like almost SGD1=RM2.5, if i can keep exchanging and saving in Malaysia account and provided i spend those future money in Malaysia, i might have a bigger portion of money saved in Malaysia than Singapore. Thinking of doing that, would like to know more views and thinking from bro and sis here. :o

FD rate in M'sia is about 3~3.2%. But Sing dollar has appreciate about 2~2.5% for past 1 year.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Ngek32, I applied for the same with HL bank and the banker told me need to place deposit to secure the card. Then they told me approval need to come from KL. Then no sound no picture from the bank. So still no credit card now. If need to place deposit then might as well apply debit card :smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Ngek32, I applied for the same with HL bank and the banker told me need to place deposit to secure the card. Then they told me approval need to come from KL. Then no sound no picture from the bank. So still no credit card now. If need to place deposit then might as well apply debit card :smile:

1 of the bro here applied CIMB credit card and he got it ....
Coz some shops accept credit card for installments free plan , so its gd to use to buy big ticket items.!
I have HL Hello Kitty Debit card , very nice !

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sis Crystal, I also have the Hello Kitty card leh! Super cute right?