• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bank Loan or Hbd????

Allota

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys

I will be applying for my loan soon and would like some feedback on the different loans.

I'm looking at a loan size of abt $400+k.

Which would you go for?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hi Guys

I will be applying for my loan soon and would like some feedback on the different loans.

Which would you go for?

Did you take a grant? If you are taking a grant, make sure you squeeze whatever grant you are entitled to. Don't waste it. I was stupid enough to just take the 11k singles grant(wife was then not a PR). That counts as 1 time. So make sure you squeeze as much as possible. Otherwise, don't take any grant. Leave it for next time.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bear in mind HDB cannot repossess your flat.

uncle, u salah liao. anyone obtang hdb 3-6 months repayment instalments will have their loan review. if find out no chance of paying, hdb can take back the flat at 90% of market valuation after giving the leasee 3 months to sell in the open market for higher price. a malay friend kenna, have just $20k instalment outstanding on top of the original outstanding, so flat kenna force to sell without COV because deadline closing.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
uncle, u salah liao. anyone obtang hdb 3-6 months repayment instalments will have their loan review. if find out no chance of paying, hdb can take back the flat at 90% of market valuation after giving the leasee 3 months to sell in the open market for higher price. a malay friend kenna, have just $20k instalment outstanding on top of the original outstanding, so flat kenna force to sell without COV because deadline closing.

Noted. I stand corrected. Back then HDB can't touch your flat. Seems pap govt moved with the times liao.
HDB forcing owner to sell is better than bank foreclosure?

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did you take a grant? If you are taking a grant, make sure you squeeze whatever grant you are entitled to. Don't waste it. I was stupid enough to just take the 11k singles grant(wife was then not a PR). That counts as 1 time. So make sure you squeeze as much as possible. Otherwise, don't take any grant. Leave it for next time.

You can go back and ask for top up after your wife becomes PR.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If your friend dare Kuai Lan with them, i m sure they will Lan Lan.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone kuai lan with hdb confirm find themselves on the street without a roof over their head. hdb repo at least a hundred flats a year as hdb offer these flat to low income families at discounted market price.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone kuai lan with hdb confirm find themselves on the street without a roof over their head. hdb repo at least a hundred flats a year as hdb offer these flat to low income families at discounted market price.

Kuai Lan with them when they come to repossess the flat. Make a big scene. The bigger the better.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kuai Lan with them when they come to repossess the flat. Make a big scene. The bigger the better.

uncle, u make big big scene also useless as SCMs wont report.

there was a guy/family just a few years ago refuse to move when flat kenna SER at the old punggol estate near the esso station. hdb just cut off the water and electricity supply and this never make the news. now over 10 blocks of flats stood at the site and no idea what happen to the stubborn bugger.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You can go back and ask for top up after your wife becomes PR.

Oh yes brother. I made a mistake. What Im upset is, in order to put my wife's name as co-owner (she is the occupier now), I am required to do another HLE which would be deemed as a 2nd loan. By right, it should not count as a second loan.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
uncle, u make big big scene also useless as SCMs wont report.

there was a guy/family just a few years ago refuse to move when flat kenna SER at the old punggol estate near the esso station. hdb just cut off the water and electricity supply and this never make the news. now over 10 blocks of flats stood at the site and no idea what happen to the stubborn bugger.
Cut elect cut water is daily occurrence for those low income families amongst us who cannot pay up utilities. I knew of a family that gone 2 years without elect or water.......PAP MP there act blur......

Want to make big...come out news then murder is biggest liao you can do............self immolation also can but that's just plain dumb.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So long as you are living in Sillypore, you don't own any HBD flat even after you've serviced up all your loans.

In reality you are just renting the house from the Sillypore gahbrament to stay for 99 years.
The flat which easily cost you a few hundred thousands will not belong to you or your future generations at all.
You are left with not much $$$ for retirement.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Guys

Which would you go for?

Anyone who qualifies for hdb loan should go straight for it. Regardless of interest rate, in times when you cannot pay up, bank will seal your house whereas hdb loan can otang. I know a few smelly people who apply hdb loan whereby his cpf is insufficent and need to top up cash, after loan approved, they choot pattern i.e. just pay whatever they have in cpf OA, the cash portion he otang and use it to pay for his car instead..this goes on for years and hdb invited him for meeting, and eventually hdb allows him to use cpf SA to pay. This sort of things can never happen for a bank loan. HDB is simply too lenient with bastard like him.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone who qualifies for hdb loan should go straight for it. Regardless of interest rate, in times when you cannot pay up, bank will seal your house whereas hdb loan can otang. I know a few smelly people who apply hdb loan whereby his cpf is insufficent and need to top up cash, after loan approved, they choot pattern i.e. just pay whatever they have in cpf OA, the cash portion he otang and use it to pay for his car instead..this goes on for years and hdb invited him for meeting, and eventually hdb allows him to use cpf SA to pay. This sort of things can never happen for a bank loan. HDB is simply too lenient with bastard like him.

You jealous he milked the system while you can't? I say well done good chap to him.
CPF is our money to begin with, why is he a bastard? Likewise for those who siam taxes or payment to our greedy govt.....i salute you.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys

Which would you go for?

Interest rate is not going to remain this low forever. If u take bank loan, make sure u don't stretch the tenure too long. Preferably can repay the loan within 10 years.