• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangladesh: Muslim threatens to cut throat, dismember cricket player because he took part in Hindu ceremony

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
shakib-al-hasan.png

“ Islamic extremists threaten cricket star Shakib over a Hindu symbol,” by Sumon Corraya, Asia News, November 17, 2020:

Dhaka (AsiaNews) – Controversy continues to rage around cricket player Shakib al-Hasan, a Bangladeshi Muslim, over his participation in a Hindu ceremony in Kolkata (India) last Thursday.

The storm stems from the popular champion’s alleged participation in the inauguration of a pooja mandap, a wooden temple, with offerings and prayers.

The morning after the event, a Muslim extremist named Mohsin Talukdar, from Sylhet, repeatedly insulted and threatened Shakib in a video uploaded to Facebook saying that he would cut his throat and dismember his body (picture 2) for insulting Islam and Muslims.

Cricket is widely popular in Bangladesh and South Asia. And public opinion split between defenders and opponents of the cricket player. In a couple of days, his official Facebook fan page lost nearly a million followers after mainstream media released images of the “inauguration” of the pooja mandap.

In an attempt to appease feelings, Shakib’s radical enemy Moshin said he was sorry for his “offensive” remarks but urged the cricket champion to apologise for having “offended Muslims”.

The second video, however, did not stop police from arresting him this morning at his home for making death threats in the first video.

For his part, Shakib said that he did not take part in the inauguration of a pooja mandan but still asked for “forgiveness” for what happened.

“It is not possible to understand the context and the story by looking only at a picture. However, if anyone felt offended that I went there, I ask your forgiveness,” he said.

Shakib explained that he had played for the Kolkata Knight Riders team and is well known in the West Bengal city. During his visit, he was invited to an event at a time when Indians celebrate the Deepavali (Diwali) festival.

When asked, he lit a candle for Deepavali as a token of friendship. For some this is a poor excuse; for others, his apology is a just caving in to extremists who continue to use Islam to threaten and attack….

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact that a believer took part in hindu ceremony was not highlighted.
A muslim does not have a religion. Tgat was why no forced conversion of jews and Christian during the initial phase of the arab conquest.
Now i was told, around the 700's a prominent arab family from mecca took over the helm of muslim leadership. Civil war started. May be between religionist and non religion believers. I think spain remained non religious.
Mecca was a pagan hub. Even prophet mohamed gave up trying to make them understand his teachings. It was from then on that it slowly turned into a religion. With a focus on mecca, the traditional pagan hotbed.

Last edited:

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spenson Roberto:

More Islamic intolerance that doesn’t make it to headline news in the West: cricket player Shakib al-Hasan, who is a Bangladeshi Muslim, decided to practice some real diversity and tolerance by engaging in a Hindu ceremony. Woe be unto him. “His official Facebook fan page lost nearly a million followers.” Much more importantly, he has received repeated insults and a threat that a fellow Muslim would cut his throat and dismember him for “insulting Islam and Muslims.” Such reports of violence are not uncommon among far too many adherents of the Religion of Peace. And far too many Muslims who speak about peace refuse to condemn these frequent threats, or other human rights abuses that are committed in the name of Islam, or to admit that this hatred and impulse to violence is rooted in Islamic texts. Imagine: public opinion was actually “split between defenders and opponents of the cricket player,” demonstrating the extent of the rage against al-Hasan.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wouldn't worry too much if they lose some religionist as followers. They may gain many more non religionist followers.its just that I am not a cricket fan.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wouldn't worry too much if they lose some religionist as followers. They may gain many more non religionist followers.its just that I am not a cricket fan.
Whose side are u on now? Did u speak up for Shakib?
Don't just be a keyboard warrior in SBF.