• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangladesh good muslims falsely accuse teacher of criticizing Islam, neighbors hurl abuse at teacher family

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.thedailystar.net/news/bangladesh/crime-justice/news/teacher-jail-family-fear-2999611

Family members of Hriday Chandra Mondal, the Munshiganj school teacher now behind bars in a case over demeaning religion, are passing days in panic.

Even his son has stopped going to school because of social harassment.

“My son cannot go to school. Other students tease him — they call him the son of a criminal. So I have stopped sending him to school,” said Hriday’s wife Babita Hawlader.

“Even some of our neighbours often hurl abuse at us. We are passing days in fear and insecurity.”

Babita’s elder brother Badal Hawlader said, “We have almost been ostracised. We don’t go out during daytime in fear of untoward incidents.”

Hriday has been teaching in the school for 21 years, and all these years, not a single complaint was filed against him, he said.

On March 20, Hriday, assistant teacher of Binodpur Ram Kumar High School in Munshiganj, was having a conversation with students about the difference between science and religion.

Later in the afternoon, a group of students filed a written complaint with the head teacher, alleging that Hriday made derogatory comments on Islam.

On March 22, some students staged a demonstration and police detained Hriday. That night, the school’s office assistant, Md Asad Miah, filed the case for “demeaning religion”.

In the meantime, a mobile phone recording of the classroom conversation was circulated among locals.

“We have long been facing troubles from some unruly students. They used to stalk my husband on roads and even in classroom. Besides, some people would often kick our doors and knock on our windows and flee,” said Babita.

Usually, students are not allowed to enter classrooms with mobile phones, “So, how could someone record the conservation,” she questioned?

“My husband did not make any derogatory comments over Islam. He was framed in a planned way. A vested quarter is conspiring to benefit by inciting students.”…