• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bak Kut Teh - Do you prefer the Hokkien (black) or Teochew (white) soup type?

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually besides the Hokkien and Teochew types, there are othe types in SG like Klang style with Tau-Pok and vegetables inside.

There is even a DRY Type, clay pot gravy no soup, 干肉骨茶。from 老街肉骨茶。

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually besides the Hokkien and Teochew types, there are othe types in SG like Klang style with Tau-Pok and vegetables inside.

There is even a DRY Type, clay pot gravy no soup, 干肉骨茶。from 老街肉骨茶。

For me, "eating" Bak Kut Teh is more of drinking of the soup and not really about eating the ribs.

So 干肉骨茶 is not my preference, unless I separately order it as another dish of food, i.e pork rib.

1362472936086.jpg

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
two of my personal favourites (peppery):
Ya Hua at Havelock Road
Rong Cheng at Sin Ming

the herbal one which i've tried once and i think it is not bad:
Leong Kee at Beach Road

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Neither. Both contain smelly pork. It's consumption of this sorts of unclean meat that cause the chinese to smell so bad hence the term CCB.

I never knew that pussies could smell so sweet until I met my first muslim girlfriend.
U mean there is such a thing as a muslim sheep?

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
The kopitiam at Pasir Panjang distribution centre has a white type stall very nice. Formally from Eunos.

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_20151011_125814.jpg

This pic got a bit more black soy sauce

For me, "eating" Bak Kut Teh is more of drinking of the soup and not really about eating the ribs.

So 干肉骨茶 is not my preference, unless I separately order it as another dish of food, i.e pork rib.

1362472936086.jpg