• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Azmanshah In ST Forum: I always thought POSB was people's bank but Maybank cares!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
$500 deposit to open POSB account is too high

I WANTED to work at a McDonald's restaurant and was told to open an account at POSB. So I went to a branch at Textile Centre and got a shock when I was told that I needed at least $500 to open an account.
When I went to a Maybank branch nearby to ask how much I would need to deposit in order to open an account, I was told the sum was only $10.

I always thought POSB was the people's bank.

I may still open a POSB account for job reasons. In the meantime, I have opened a Maybank account as it allows a blue-collar worker with not enough savings to open an account with only $10.

Azmanshah Zailamshah

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The POSB bank at Funan will be soon be closing. They have had a branch at Funan for years. Cannot afford the rent? :rolleyes:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
got ppl oredi said straight 2 ur face b4 ... if u want cheap, go jb! ...

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
The POSB bank at Funan will be soon be closing. They have had a branch at Funan for years. Cannot afford the rent? :rolleyes:

They have been slowly closing down alot of POSB branches over the years. It is only a matter of time before they get rid of the POSB name.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They have been slowly closing down alot of POSB branches over the years. It is only a matter of time before they get rid of the POSB name.

Yah, noticed that there are fewer POSB branches around. When they close the last POSB, I'll close my old, old account & move on.

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moslem Azmanshah needs to eat drink some lard to 'wake up her ideas' man.

Money talks in peasantpore, thats e way e regime wants it to be.

Gillette

Alfrescian
Loyal
No offense to Ms Azmanshah Zailamshah. She is better off keeping that S$10 under her pillow/mattress or in a Milo tin rather than in POSB.