• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AVA Useless for Food Safety, Failed Its Mission!

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shit Times reported on Sat 20 Sep that AVA has recalled Dutch Baby Milk as it was contaminated with melamine! So what was AVA doing about batch testing all along, nothing lah! High class labs & not doing anything!

NEVER RELY ON AVA for ANYTHING! This case goes to show that Spore gahment is damn afraid of raising any issue about Made in China products.

As long as u see Made in China, don't buy for consumables! I have never bothered with China consumable products.

cydonia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder how the test is ran... Do they just test the sample that is sent in and ignore the mass producing goods? Or ??

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Wonder how the test is ran... Do they just test the sample that is sent in and ignore the mass producing goods? Or ??

i doubt they would sample 100% of the imported items, random sampling to hit a certain confidence level would most likely be probable.

cydonia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Random sampling can be controlled. Imagine the PRC importer know about when the random sampling will take place. Disastarous and scary :(

Pica_NA

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS... 我挺你 !!!

PAP say, " Don't worry, AVA is always checking the imported food so imported food in SG are safe to consume... they have a great system in checking the import food and have strict restriction to prevent unsafe food being slip thru to the market...."

haiz... in the end, Poor People end up suffering...

Stupidity and Incapability can be seen from one's action.... I see that clearly from AVA....

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
My guess is batch testing. Maybe they were testing products from other countries and Dutch Baby Milk from China was somewhere at Numero: 1100 on the to do list. So takes a long long time to test Dutch Baby Milk.

Also, my main point is that Spore gahment is so damn shitty afraid of raising the toxic & unsafe Made in China products issue. Only when China declares it then it gets AVA to do a massive thorugh test. Other times, it does NOT even bother!

AVA if it has any common sense should put all Made in China food consumables on their top priority list all the time & scope out all the food products originating from China to test rigourously & daily. Food imported from other countries like USA, NZ, Australia, Europe can be at the bottom of the list.

I think Spore gahment very afraid to dig up massive can of worms & incur China's wrath if they instruct AVA to do the above.

Hence, AVA is damn useless for being a puppet on a string.

nanana1

Alfrescian
Loyal
My guess is batch testing. Maybe they were testing products from other countries and Dutch Baby Milk from China was somewhere at Numero: 1100 on the to do list. So takes a long long time to test Dutch Baby Milk.

Also, my main point is that Spore gahment is so damn shitty afraid of raising the toxic & unsafe Made in China products issue. Only when China declares it then it gets AVA to do a massive thorugh test. Other times, it does NOT even bother!

AVA if it has any common sense should put all Made in China food consumables on their top priority list all the time & scope out all the food products originating from China to test rigourously & daily. Food imported from other countries like USA, NZ, Australia, Europe can be at the bottom of the list.

I think Spore gahment very afraid to dig up massive can of worms & incur China's wrath if they instruct AVA to do the above.

Hence, AVA is damn useless for being a puppet on a string.

What a wasted travelbug talent:p You could really do something useful:wink:

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is about time CPIB be on their toes again !!

How did AVA flop ?? Your guess is as good as mine.........

Shit Times reported on Sat 20 Sep that AVA has recalled Dutch Baby Milk as it was contaminated with melamine! So what was AVA doing about batch testing all along, nothing lah! High class labs & not doing anything!

NEVER RELY ON AVA for ANYTHING! This case goes to show that Spore gahment is damn afraid of raising any issue about Made in China products.

As long as u see Made in China, don't buy for consumables! I have never bothered with China consumable products.

The MilkMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
glad that a lot you now realised that products from PRC are not safe for consuming.
those PRC will do a lot of unethical things to make money.

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
AVA has to account for its failure. The tainted milk scandal brokes news on 13 Sep. A potential disaster is fast unravelling. They have not been testing milk products all along. Fair enough. Too many to test, perfect PAP excuse. But they could have taken the lead and immediately quarantine all milk products from China when the news broke a week ago. They could have simply issue a quarantine order quietly to the supermarkets as a precaution. Instead they let the shit hit the fan by doing nothing and letting the tainted food product continue to sell. Belatedly it now issue total recall and ban. Now the whole world is reporting the news. Big brother China damn tulan now and Singaporeans confidence shaken like China people now.

14:01, September 13th 2008 FDA Warns: Avoid Chinese Baby Formula

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And need to wait till HK's lowly paid govt to detect it before doing their own homework. U call this chor boh lan!

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is what I was told. Milk is normally tested for the protein content by measuring amine which is a sub-structure of protein. What these manufacturers do in times of high raw material cost is to dilute the milk content, but this will be shown up in the lowered amine measurement.

Melamine (also with amine as a sub-structure) which is tasteless and odourless is added to boost the value of measured amine and so get away with being detected for diluted milk.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i'm with you on this account. i'm boycotting PRC processed food products.

with PRC being the "FACTORY OF THE WORLD", it very difficult to avoid PRC products. Especially NTUC, many of their "house brands" product are from china. Govt is really poisoning the massss by promoting NTUC house brand.:rolleyes: