• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Australia, Swiss standard of living.

jw5

Loyal
What is that fellow who talked about swiss standard of living doing now? :rolleyes:

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Australia has a better work environment & life style. Whenever I tried to get in touch with the Australian office personnel, chances are they would have gone home after office hours.

Some of the Aussies were posted in Spore as management staff & I notice that it was common for them to knock off on time.:rolleyes: However the Spore personnel were expected to work late into the night:eek:

That is the lifestyle that a man should seek. Work hard, play harder. Despite the growth of China and South Korea, you still see the mass migration of them to US and Australia. Their work life is simply too hectic.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is that fellow who talked about swiss standard of living doing now? :rolleyes:

He is actually enjoying his Swiss standard of living but he is not enjoying it with you.

Incidentally the Swiss standard of living has lost its gloss in the past several years. Its economy has suffered some setback. But one strong characteristic of the Swiss economy is a large middle class which makes it feel like many people are very OK. You cannot have a Swiss standard of living without an equivalent strong middle class.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is actually enjoying his Swiss standard of living but he is not enjoying it with you.

Incidentally the Swiss standard of living has lost its gloss in the past several years. Its economy has suffered some setback. But one strong characteristic of the Swiss economy is a large middle class which makes it feel like many people are very OK. You cannot have a Swiss standard of living without an equivalent strong middle class.

What exactly is Swiss standard of living in your opinion? Cannot define?

jw5

Loyal

yeah, when he said that, either he forgot to say at the end "...........for us", or he said it very softly.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting you mentioned this. Just got informed by my boss today to implement some test rig so that we can take over the job that our Ah Neh counterpart in India is doing. Lol.

Stupid sinkies think working long hours means working hard for bosses to see (wayang machiam pappies).....only unproductive people does that

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting you mentioned this. Just got informed by my boss today to implement some test rig so that we can take over the job that our Ah Neh counterpart in India is doing. Lol.

Good idea. So if you can do their job, you take over their pay, if they can do your job, they take over your pay la.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What exactly is Swiss standard of living in your opinion? Cannot define?

Just as what I am saying here - a large middle class that is doing very well, well within his means to cope with the cost of living, can spend quality time with his family, has a comfortable job and a good education, not having to struggle to find a place in a tertiary institute of education when he has cleared the lower hurdle and able to afford to take overseas holidays trips with his family. In other words, to fully exploit one's potential. It is definitely not defined by GDP per capita.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whats wrong with going home on time? You only get paid for the hours you work in the contract.

Nothing wrong with going home on time. I'm all for it. However in Spore the locals are frighten to go home before the boss, even if they have completed their work.

I have actually taken some heat for trying to leave on time:o However it is because I tried to go home on time that I noticed that many of the angmos do so & there is a double standard :(

There are very good reason for people to fear their bosses.
I remembered going for an interview with some foreign bank in Spore where I was told by the angmo that he didn't want married personnel who felt they needed to go home to spend time with the wife :eek:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just wait till demand from China slows then we'll see how well Australia fares. If they are doing so well then why are so many of them here in our country? Answer me that.

30m plus Ozzie compared to 5m sinkees but only 50k ozzies in peesai compared to 100k plus sinkees in OZ. The numbers already shows who is doing better. Dont forget more ozzies hold good paying jobs in the States, even top actors and musicians are form OZ.

Good reply Bro chupacabra.

When China slowed down, as if Singapore not affected? Must be joking.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think its impossible cos they have so much land while we can never expand our island much. GDP wise we are already there. We also have advantage in terms of low taxes and convenience which they don't have.

What is the point of having low taxes or no taxes when the salary is like pee sai and the take home is macham sai?

I rather have high tax but a higher take home because my salary is way much higher.

Please include indirect taxes as well. Paying $8000 every year for just a piece of paper called COE is low tax indeed.

Similarly paying such a high price for a new HDB pigeon hole could be deemed as part of the "indirect" tax.

If you cannot understand these, please stop writing rubbish and getting yourself embarrassed.