• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Aussie coal tycoon moves to Singapore

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FAP Opened Legs to Oz Fxxxker

[h=2]Young Australian billionaire relocates to Singapore[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
June 11th, 2012 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

tinkler.jpg

Australian youngest billionaire, Nathan Tinkler, 36, has moved his family and primary residence to Singapore.

Tinkler was an electrician in a coal mine before starting his own business. His big break came in 2006 when he borrowed $500,000 to buy a mine in Queensland state. He sold his company to Macarthur Coal for $465 million in cash and shares a year later.

He then reaped a profit of about $445 million selling his stake in Macarthur Coal to the world’s largest steelmaker, ArcelorMittal, and in August 2010 bought the Maules Creek mine from Rio Tinto Group for $480 million. That formed the basis of his listed vehicle, Aston Resources Ltd. It was then sold off to Whitehaven Coal Ltd last December for $2.6 billion in stock. He is currently the richest Australian under 40 years old.
Tinkler’s spokesman said his move to Singapore will bring him closer to his customers, financiers and investors in Asia. Said the spokesman, “He feels the need to be closer to them.”

Not too long ago, Eduardo Saverin, the co-founder of Facebook renounced his U.S. citizenship ahead of the company’s IPO last month with the same reason of wanting to stay close to Asian markets. The move will save Saverin at least $67 million in U.S. capital gains taxes, according to analysts.

Singapore doesn’t tax on capital gains from asset sales and its top income tax rate is only 20%. In contrast, capital gains are taxed as part of income in Australia and the top income tax rate there is 45%.

When Tinkler was contacted by a journalist for a story in 2010, he is reported to have responded, “You’re a f**king deadbeat, people like me don’t bother with f**king you. You climb out of your bed every morning for your pathetic hundred grand a year, good luck.”

His property portfolio includes a host of beachfront homes around Newcastle, Australia, including the mansion once owned by former rugby league star Andrew Johns, bought for $4.3 million. There are other huge homes and a fleet of luxury cars.

His first love is said to be horse racing. It was reported that he had spent close to $200 million for horse farms, training centres and horses of the bluest blood.

It was reported that in one of the disputes involving horse racing, one of the horse owners, a respected Melbourne businessman in his 60s, asked to speak to Tinkler in private. Tinkler refused, instead shouting at the businessman to ”f**k off”. When the man asked again, Tinkler hurled abuse before hurrying from the scene in public.

It remains to be seen how this young Australian billionaire is going to successfully integrate into Singapore’s society.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: FAP Opened Legs to Oz Fxxxker

Let's just hope that he'll rammed his Ferrari into a car driven by a Pinoy and both vehicles burst into flames and bbq them alive!

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Let's just hope that he'll rammed his Ferrari into a car driven by a Pinoy and both vehicles burst into flames and bbq them alive!
why not add a bit more :

and the two cars roll up the curb where 20 tiongs are having dinner and they all gone to the maker

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

tinkler.jpg

Gawd damn, that's one ugly mofo. At least Roman Abramovich looks much more dashing.

And I'm sure Mr Tinkler is coming to Singapore to contribute to society, create jobs, and not because it's a rich man's playground and a convenient money laundering hub. :rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

It remains to be seen how this young Australian billionaire is going to successfully integrate into Singapore’s society.

He isn't interested in integrating. Billionaires create their own environments. They don't have to put up with the rest of society no matter where their "official" country of residence is.

I'll bet my botton dollar that he won't be spending any more time in sinkieland than he does now. All he's doing is avoiding the OZ taxman and he'll do that by spending less than 6 months per year in Australia so he can't be classified as a tax resident. That's why billionaires have yachts. They take refuge in international waters whenever their accountants tell them to.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

tinkler.jpg

Gawd damn, that's one ugly mofo. At least Roman Abramovich looks much more dashing.

And I'm sure Mr Tinkler is coming to Singapore to contribute to society, create jobs, and not because it's a rich man's playground and a convenient money laundering hub. :rolleyes:

Roman is a nicer person too. It's hard to be a nice guy in a country overrun with thugs and crooks.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've attended yearling sales in australia and have seen this fat cow being slaughter at the sales.
he has been buying so many expensive yearlings costing $millions and not one of them turn out to be a champion racehorse.

I really worry for those yearlings if that Fat Fuck decides to ride on them during his free time..

JohnnyQuid

Alfrescian
Loyal

He isn't interested in integrating. Billionaires create their own environments. They don't have to put up with the rest of society no matter where their "official" country of residence is.

I'll bet my botton dollar that he won't be spending any more time in sinkieland than he does now. All he's doing is avoiding the OZ taxman and he'll do that by spending less than 6 months per year in Australia so he can't be classified as a tax resident. That's why billionaires have yachts. They take refuge in international waters whenever their accountants tell them to.

hahaha..very true...thanks leongsam for enlightening us...

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:

As long as he is paying Singapore tax, it doesn't matter how much time he spends here. However his overseas income will not be taxable.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Winners like him knows where the money is and knows how reliable the political leaders here can bring in the money that's why he move here. Losers like U are the only ones who don't see it

Compared to Ma Chi and this fatty of course I am a loser.

But compared to shameless ball carriers like you I don't fare too badly.