• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Aus PM is cleaning up the IT mess, when is LHL follow suit

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bloody India Indian IT at it all over the world bringing their own fake indian IT workers, making local IT workers lose their jobs.

Time to clean up this IT industry mess?

•Gillard accused of 'desperate vote-mongering'

While IT figureheads are in high dudgeon over Prime Minister Julia Gillard's call for a crackdown on rorting and abuse of the 457 temporary visa system, local IT workers says she's on the money.

To my mind, this is the biggest rort in the system.

Senior IT consultant

The situation is far from new. Vendors began using cut-price foreign talent to up their profits and elbow Aussies out of jobs early last decade, as soon as they twigged they could, according to those who claim to have been stung by the practice.

While debate over the visa system rages, IT consultancy Mahindra Satyam has announced plans to use staff from India, Malaysia and the Philippines to up its Australian head count from 1600 to 5000 over the next two years.

Advertisement

Forty per cent of the staff would be located in Australia and 60 per cent offshore to Mahindra Satyam, head of ANZ operations Bobby Gupta told India's The Economic Times on Tuesday.

The region currently accounts for 8 per cent of the firm's $US1.31 billion annual revenue.

One worker told Fairfax Media he was made redundant from his nine-year IT management gig with a national liquor retailer in 2003 after the company hired Satyam (now Mahindra Satyam) to take over the IT jobs of eight local staff.

"Satyam had set up company offices in Australia and were bringing in Indian IT staff to do our jobs," the worker claimed.

"We were given a few months' notice of our redundancy and in that time we had to train the Indian staff on how to support our internal systems. It was never said but we were made to feel that if you wanted your redundancy payment, you had to train them. While training the Indian staff, we found out that they were all in Australia on 457 visas.

"There were six of them with some rotating to give others exposure to the systems."

IT professionals say this practice is in common with other major systems integrators and consultancies that use short-term 456 and longer-term 457 visas to boost their bottom line by importing lower-paid overseas workers.

Latest figures show 5800 ICT workers arrived on 457 visas, which allow them to stay for up to four years, in the past seven months.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/it-pro/govern...orkers-told-20130315-2g515.html#ixzz2Na8das00

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fake Inidan Ah Neh IT worker confession stealing job in the US.

http://www.scholarshipforusa.com/2009/01/the-truth-about-indian-it-consulting-firms-revealed/

DS says:

December 9, 2011 at 1:52 pm

I am someone who has joined these consulting companies and still involved with one of them. The one’s I joined are involved in a lot of lies but both are good in one area. Once on a job they pay you the agreed amount without fail. Trust me with 50% of these consulting companies even getting your paycheck while on a job is difficult. My earlier roomie used to get paid 3 months late (Jan paycheck in april) and sometimes didnt get it. To change this scenario of fake consultants there are a few ways. Laws dont need to change, they are already in place but people are breaking them since its extremely difficult to catch the culprits. Companies have to understand that you dont need people with 10 years experience to do something which a person with 1-2 yrs experience can do. They ask for ridiculous amount of experience which I am 100% sure would remain unfulfilled if everyone is genuine. If this does not change I dont see any major change in the consulting world in the near future. I started with a fake exp of 5 yrs but now I have worked for 4 years and last years have been in an extremely good client site. Even now I find it extremely hard to find positions that are looking for people with 3-4 yrs experience. I am aware US is not there to feed foreigners but one has to understand what people go through to get here. Once they do that people do anything and everything to stay and earn here. People who are lucky get hired by the client or by some bigger cleaner consulting company like IBM, Deloitte etc. I am still waiting for that to happen to me.

Everything that was said about these consulting companies are true. They keep 10 – 15 people in one big house with 4 rooms and sometimes 5-6 people in 1 BHK apts. Nowadays they dont pay a single penny during the fake 2 month training (although have heard some companies pay for grocery). They provide the material for training and its upto the consultant to train him/her self. Once at the client side the consultant manages somehow to get through the initial period. I remember the time when I had to dial into a conference call the first time, I looked so stupid. Although this fake consulting business is not a correct thing, both legally and morally I dont see this scenario changing unless these big companies change themselves.

Last edited: