• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Aung San Suu Kyi a useless symbol and button for Junta To Press

obama.bin.laden

Alfrescian
Loyal
She want to talkcock like Obama & talk-big like LKY now. But she is actually NOTHING but a symbol. Hope is cheap especially where there is no strength nor resources. Her only practical function is just a push button for the Junta to press to exercise the nerves of the western world.:p:wink:

Nothing more.

She can be either detained or released or shot at any time at the Junta's pleasure. And the western morons can only talk cock as well as sing song.

She talks human rights and rule of law - all the western idealism. Isn't realistic nor practical at all. Forces and Deaths are the only real things that will work to demolish a junta, nothing else can. If the Burmese will not pay sufficient price for the change it will just not happen.

These people like Suu Kyi Obama etc will just talk Democracy Ideals & Human Rights which are Bull Shit, they are just alike flowers & songs. Nice childish concepts too far from reality. America & Europe are together falling apart in these Bull Shit concepts. We shouldn't be sorry for them.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/11/14/myanmar.suu.kyi.speech/?hpt=C2

Suu Kyi tells supporters to work with her for change
By the CNN Wire Staff
November 14, 2010 9:35 a.m. EST
Click to play
Aung San Suu Kyi's future plans
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* NEW: Suu Kyi tells supporters she needs their help to bring about democracy
* "I am for national reconciliation. I am for dialogue," Suu Kyi says
* She speaks at the headquarters of her National League for Democracy party
* Her comments come a day after Myanmar's military junta freed her from house arrest

(CNN) -- Freed democracy activist Aung San Suu Kyi told her supporters Sunday that she needs their help in her efforts to bring change to Myanmar.

"I'm not going to be able to do it alone," Suu Kyi said. "You've got to do it with me. One person alone can't do anything as important as bringing change and democracy to a country."

She said she was treated well during her years of house arrest by Myanmar's ruling generals, but said the country needs to return to the rule of law.

"I am for national reconciliation, I am for dialogue ... whatever authority I have, I would like to use toward that end. And I hope the people will support me," she said, speaking to reporters at the headquarters of her National League for Democracy party.
Suu Kyi's lawyer cynical over release
RELATED TOPICS

* Aung San Suu Kyi
* Myanmar

The country's ruling military junta freed Suu Kyi from house arrest Saturday to a throng of joyous supporters who rushed toward her house once the gates were opened. The 1991 Nobel Peace Prize recipient had spent 15 of the past 21 years under house arrest for her dogged opposition to authoritarian rule in the nation formerly known as Burma.

"They have treated me well on a personal basis. But they have not acted in accordance with the rule [of law]. And that I shall always fight against. Because I don't think any country can survive as a prosperous and dignified nation unless there is rule of law," she said Sunday. "The people cannot have security unless there is rule of law. And I believe my treatment and that of all prisoners is not within the norms of justice, but that does not mean that I have been ill treated personally."

Recently, Suu Kyi had little outside human contact except for two maids and visits from her doctor. Sometimes, she spoke to supporters over the wall of her compound.

A group of fellow Nobel Peace laureates, gathered in Hiroshima, Japan, rejoiced at Suu Kyi's release, former South African President F.W. De Klerk said Saturday.

"I am speaking to you from Hiroshima where I and a number of other Nobel Peace Laureate are gathered for a conference on the issue of nuclear weapons," De Klerk said. "And all of us are delighted to hear the news. We think it's wonderful news. We are glad that [Suu Kyi's release] appears to be without any condition. We sincerely hope that her release will bring about four steps forward for the issue of democracy in Burma."

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are right. She could be shot any time. Indeed she could have been shot at any time in the last 30 years. The question is: 'Why hasn't she?'

obama.bin.laden

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right. She could be shot any time. Indeed she could have been shot at any time in the last 30 years. The question is: 'Why hasn't she?'

She is not shot because that would be the FINAL use of her, and the junta just felt that they still needed this button to press on to trigger the nerves of the western world. They can detain or release her or charge her in court for some crazy things (like Ang Moh swimming [MSK style] to her home without junta's permit :biggrin::biggrin:) and pronouns a Kangaroo verdict, or declare clemency on her etc etc. If she got shot than it will be the one final use of her by the junta, as long as she is still alive they can still recycle this button, to be pressed again and again to trigger the nerves of the westerners. :wink:

High Command

Alfrescian
Loyal

Because having her killed would make her a matyr and fighting matyrs are near impossible. Besides, they do not want an uprising on their hands. Such a killing may very well be the last straw for the public.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
She was offered a chance to leave Burma in the 90s as her husband was dying but she chose instead to stay in Burma influencing and achieving nothing but hogging the limelight from the press all these years.

Having her around as a controlled nuisance is much better than a potent symbol of resistance in the form of a martyr, the generals are still playing it right. Eventually, the west would have to come to terms with Burma with or without Aung San in power to get back to a level playing field from the entrenched competition from China and India.

thugnology

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because having her killed would make her a matyr and fighting matyrs are near impossible. Besides, they do not want an uprising on their hands. Such a killing may very well be the last straw for the public.

For a military that can gun even monks any uprising is not a problem any more. Just shoot all period.

obama.bin.laden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thinking Big again like Obama!

She did not get shot than started to think BIG? :p

Want to talk terms with Junta, what have she got on her side except of useless Ang Mohs to talk? No weight! Ang Moh not willing to die for her. Monks already got shot and kept quiet during whole fake election.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/uk...M1t6T_5ms3uUNe9Qg?docId=N0066471289792183687A

Suu Kyi hopes for talks with rulers

(UKPA) – 22 minutes ago

Burma's pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi is preparing to sit down with the military rulers who kept her incarcerated for most of the past two decades.

The Nobel Peace Prize winner said she wants to "remove the sources of disagreement" with the generals and sit down with them across the table, adding: "There are so many things that we have to talk about."

More than 5,000 supporters gathered to listen to her speak upon her release on Sunday, and she spent the rest of the day thanking her supporters across the world and called for peaceful dialogue with the country's military junta.

Ms Suu Kyi said she considers herself a "worker for democracy", a description she said of how she sees her future role.

In a interview with the BBC, the veteran campaigner said no conditions had been placed on her release from house arrest but she recognises the possibility she could again be arrested.

She has been detained for 15 of the last 21 years, but said she had been "better off" under house arrest than the thousands of pro-democracy campaigners who have been imprisoned by the isolated regime.

Ms Suu Kyi said: "I just think of myself as one of the workers for democracy, well better known perhaps than the others here in Burma, but one of those working for democracy, that is my role, it has always been my role and I think it will continue to be my role."

Her freedom came a week after the country's first elections in 20 years, which handed victory to the pro-military party but were condemned as a sham by critics.

Her National League for Democracy (NLD) won the election in 1990 but was never allowed to take power and it boycotted the recent vote - a poll Ms Suu Kyi said led to "many, many questions" about its fairness.

Asked what she meant by calling for reconciliation with the regime, Ms Suu Kyi said: "I think we have to sort out our differences across the table, talking to each other, agreeing to disagree or finding out why we disagree and trying to remove the sources of our disagreement if we possibly can."

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Want to talk terms with Junta, what have she got on her side except of useless Ang Mohs to talk? No weight! Ang Moh not willing to die for her. Monks already got shot and kept quiet during whole fake election.

She still has a sizeable following in the fractious NLD, never mind that she has no actual power or authority but is still a very useful figurehead.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Indon government thought pretty much the same thing after the Santa Cruz cemetery massacre in then East Timor.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/uk...M1t6T_5ms3uUNe9Qg?docId=N0066471289792183687A

Suu Kyi hopes for talks with rulers

(UKPA) – 22 minutes ago

Burma's pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi is preparing to sit down with the military rulers who kept her incarcerated for most of the past two decades.

The Nobel Peace Prize winner said she wants to "remove the sources of disagreement" with the generals and sit down with them across the table, adding: "There are so many things that we have to talk about."

More than 5,000 supporters gathered to listen to her speak upon her release on Sunday, and she spent the rest of the day thanking her supporters across the world and called for peaceful dialogue with the country's military junta.

Ms Suu Kyi said she considers herself a "worker for democracy", a description she said of how she sees her future role.

In a interview with the BBC, the veteran campaigner said no conditions had been placed on her release from house arrest but she recognises the possibility she could again be arrested.

She has been detained for 15 of the last 21 years, but said she had been "better off" under house arrest than the thousands of pro-democracy campaigners who have been imprisoned by the isolated regime.

Ms Suu Kyi said: "I just think of myself as one of the workers for democracy, well better known perhaps than the others here in Burma, but one of those working for democracy, that is my role, it has always been my role and I think it will continue to be my role."

Her freedom came a week after the country's first elections in 20 years, which handed victory to the pro-military party but were condemned as a sham by critics.

Her National League for Democracy (NLD) won the election in 1990 but was never allowed to take power and it boycotted the recent vote - a poll Ms Suu Kyi said led to "many, many questions" about its fairness.

Asked what she meant by calling for reconciliation with the regime, Ms Suu Kyi said: "I think we have to sort out our differences across the table, talking to each other, agreeing to disagree or finding out why we disagree and trying to remove the sources of our disagreement if we possibly can."

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing she can do . She only can talk and give ideas. Whole country are control by army.
No country/ UN want to sent in army to fight for the freedom. All only talk.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
The dictators are there to hold the country together. Myanmar will not survive with Aung San Suu Kyi. Introducing democracy will only lead to chaos in the country.
I think the ASEAN leaders have seen the light and that is why they are not poking too much into the issue. All these western liberal ideas will only serve to destabilise the region.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
82131318.jpg