• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Attacks against Indians in Oz

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nuff said about these attacks and cut and pasting the same article all over SBF, but I was just thinking, do you guys feel like the mantle of racism has been handed over to them?

As much as I abhor the attacks, I just can't help but sense that Indian Nationals seem to have the monopoly in certain jobs; every petrol station I go to seems to have an Indian behind the counter, a lot of cabbies are now Indians, and also the worst drivers around (I get sea sick with all their jack-rabbit driving). Even one recently over-billed my company when I trusted him to cash in the Cabcharge ticket as his machine was allegedly not working. He billed $150 bucks to the ticket (East Perth to Domestic $150?!???) and when I disputed the bill, showing that I was not even in the state when it happened, the idiot got the sack and the cab co gave me a full refund.

Any thoughts?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Appears to be a culture clash due to a sudden influx of students within a short period of time. One can see the change across the spectrum. I know of a Singapore lecturer who is teaching in a Uni there and he tells me that their favourite question is how to get PR. He also pointed out that these chaps don't have the habit of saying "thanks" to anything and the locals tend to bring this up as well as the habit of talking in their own language in large groups in the midst of others.

He told me that the Singapore/Malaysian Indians chaps are just as upset with these chaps. Yes their driving is a legend. By the way service stations in the UK and Vancover are in their hands as well. Interestingly the Chinese will pau the biggest shop space after the supermarket in each suburb for a restaurant.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nuff said about these attacks and cut and pasting the same article all over SBF, but I was just thinking, do you guys feel like the mantle of racism has been handed over to them?

Any thoughts?

Well, I advertised for some general labour works (building renov for my hse).. Guess what ? 90% indian applicants !.. They claimed that they have experienced wor.. some even forward me with their detailed (engineered) resume indicating they worked for big organisation as general labourer.. KNN ! Some even requested for double pay for weekend work and requested me to pick them from train station .. !@#$%^!@#$%^&*... KNNCCB !! Hahahaha.. I ended up employing 1 humble indian.. and 2 malaysian malay uni students.. all very hardworking.. no complaint even the sun is about 36C today.

Errr.. This country not too bad lah.. I cheong with my lady boss for 12mths.. she's white and I'm yellow.. She's 6yrs in the service and I'm 12mths.. She's a registered Archt and I'm not.. She has big boobs & I hv none.. Finally, she was forced to transfer.. I get to be deputy.. :smile:

Australia has been kind to me to-date.. best of all, they allow me to be idle..

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everywhere locals are having problems with immigrants. One day, Singapore seems also to be building up pressure. If the schoolboys in govt don't see this coming and seriously look into the problems than just giving excuses about lack of spurs in our hides, Singapore will become another Melbourne or Sydney.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
The influx of uni student isn't the problem. The problem is more towards the Tafe/Private Colleges which advertised in India that by studying to be a hairdresser/chef you get to get your PR here. There was a couple of good programs that highlighted this on Aussie TV last year when the first incident happened. Q&A on ABC, Insights on SBS, most of the "students" you see complaining are Indians from these colleges, you hardly see any PRCs complaining at all. Given that PRCs students are very rich nowadays compared to when I first started uni here. They drive expensive cars and goes to expensive restaurants, a couple would order 5-6 dishes and not finishing them at all. Also go to any boutique stores in the city, LV, Gucci, Prada etc, and they are usually there cashing out 5-6K for a handbag without blinking. I don't think its just a matter of a cultural clash. Its more a matter of attitude from the Indian students, they behave very similar to Sinkies in certain ways. Everything has to be cheap cheap no matter the cost. These Indian students would actually prefer to squeeze into a 3 room house with 10-15 occupants already there, rather then try to find a better accommodation. A PRC student, if they are not rich, would actually try and find a better place to stay and study. Most PRC student I've met may not have the command of english as an Indian but you will see them try and adopt the lingo here within a few months. I really have no idea why the media have been focusing on these attacks? Are there really no attacks on PRCs students as well?

Appears to be a culture clash due to a sudden influx of students within a short period of time. One can see the change across the spectrum. I know of a Singapore lecturer who is teaching in a Uni there and he tells me that their favourite question is how to get PR. He also pointed out that these chaps don't have the habit of saying "thanks" to anything and the locals tend to bring this up as well as the habit of talking in their own language in large groups in the midst of others.

He told me that the Singapore/Malaysian Indians chaps are just as upset with these chaps. Yes their driving is a legend. By the way service stations in the UK and Vancover are in their hands as well. Interestingly the Chinese will pau the biggest shop space after the supermarket in each suburb for a restaurant.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Errr.. This country not too bad lah.. I cheong with my lady boss for 12mths.. she's white and I'm yellow.. She's 6yrs in the service and I'm 12mths.. She's a registered Archt and I'm not.. She has big boobs & I hv none.. Finally, she was forced to transfer.. I get to be deputy.. :smile:

Perhaps you can share your kang hoo on how you managed to get this lady boss out of your face? :biggrin:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest news from SMH. Below emphasis mine.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/anger-at-funeral-of-indian-student-20100110-m0tf.html

Anger at funeral of Indian student
AMRIT DHILLON AND SUSHI DAS IN NEW DELHI
January 11, 2010

Farewell … relatives of Nitin Garg at his funeral in Jagraon yesterday. Photo: Reuters
THERE were scenes of grief mixed with anger at the funeral of Nitin Garg at his home in Jagraon in the northern Indian state of Punjab yesterday, as well over 600 people came to pay their last respects.

Women, including Mr Garg's mother, wept and wailed loudly. Male relatives and family friends tried to console the women while also trying to maintain some semblance of order as the mourners pushed to touch his coffin.

A picture of Mr Garg on his graduation day lay on top of the coffin at his home.

''How can such a young boy, who had his whole life in front of him, be murdered like a dog?'' said an uncle, Avtar Singh.

There were also calls for action. ''All we want is that no other family should suffer this loss and that no other Indian student in Australia should lose his life,'' said another uncle, Satish Kumar. ''The Indian Government must act to stop this madness.''

Mr Garg, 21, died after he was stabbed in Melbourne's western suburbs nine days ago while walking through a park to his workplace late at night.

Police are investigating an attack on another Indian man, Jaspreet Singh, 29, who is in a serious condition in a Melbourne hospital with burns to 15 per cent of his body. Mr Singh said he was doused with petrol and set alight by a group of four males after he parked his car near his home in Essendon about 2am on Saturday. There was no evidence the attack was racially motivated, police said.

Yesterday the Indian Government called for increased efforts to curb violent attacks and an end to the exploitation of students in Australia by dodgy colleges and greedy employers.

The Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs, Vayalar Ravi, said Australia should also crack down on unscrupulous college operators, and employers who paid students less than the minimum wage.

He said Australian police were quick to arrest students for visa violations, such as working more than the allowed 20 hours a week during term time, but did little to catch those exploiting them.

''If the Government can be so strict in arresting the students who work more than 20 hours because they are violating the law, why can't they arrest the employer who is not paying the minimum wage?''

Mr Ravi also said the Government was trying to ''control'' the numbers of students enrolling at dodgy Australian colleges just so they could apply for permanent residency. He did not elaborate.

Student visa applications from India fell by nearly half between July and October compared with the corresponding period in 2008.

The Herald revealed last year that senior Australian government officials were concerned about widespread rackets among private trade colleges undermining Australia's education, immigration and employment systems.

More than 500 Indian nationals were refused student visas in the three months to September because of bogus financial documents, said the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.

The acting Trade Minister, Simon Crean, said he was pleased the Indian Government had urged its media to show restraint when alleging racial motivation for violence against Indians in Australia.

with AAP

Overall I think its a good thing that the government is cracking down on these dodgy colleges. The better "qualified" people we get into this country, the lesser incident like this would happen. It also goes with having people with better "attitude" with life and not just trying to "scam" a living off the government/country. Don't come to Australia if you can't afford it, we don't need people that KpKb all day. I'll say again that the PRCs student here have no problems and cause lesser problems then these Ah nehs.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Somehow, I don't understand how the Indians can blame Australia over unfair contracts that potential students sign themselves in their home country.

If a student of genuine qualifications has to engage an agent that promises him out-of-this-world expectations, then of course that agent is dodgy enough to be nothing more than a snakehead.

Best is still to use IDP (if that is what they are still called now) and not some agent that will promise even an uneducated bumpkin a life of milk and honey in Oz.

The Indians should look into their own backyard, educating their people of the proper channels to seek, before accusing others of the shit that they themselves made and are now using to milk maximum political mileage.

But of course one can never expect anything from a government that spews that same amount of garbage no better than what fills their city streets.