• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

At 14 his first start-up failed. Now he’s CTO of a new tech venture at 18

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are the long hours of juggling work and school, the stress-eating, the struggle to get taken seriously by investors. But polytechnic student Dalton Ng can’t see any other life for himself, he tells On The Red Dot.

1601275517813.png

SINGAPORE: There are those who dream of founding a tech start-up like Zoom, Snowflake or Facebook – and the fame, wealth and recognition that they imagine must follow.

At 18, Singaporean Dalton Prescott Ng is already the founder of modestly successful tech start-ups, and serves as chief technology officer (CTO) of his latest venture.

But if you ask him, he’ll say that his life is anything but glamorous. “What they see on film is people in suits on private jets,” he said.

The reality is, “a lot of it is sitting in front of a laptop, 10 hours getting work done, writing code. It’s a tonne of work.”

There are some, he says, who think he lives in luxury. The polytechnic student who lives with his parents says: “I don’t buy branded clothes. I buy one pair of shoes and I wear it for a year until it breaks. I eat cai fan (economy rice) every day.”

Young entrepreneurs like Dalton are shaping this country into a smart nation with their innovative start-ups, building companies that rake in thousands to millions of dollars.

More at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...-up-dalton-ng-oohspots-app-developer-13152344