• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ASTAR Scholar (PRC?) Arrested for Poisoning Her Classmates' Water Bottle in Stanford

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today 8:10 PM http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/mobile/posted_0.gif Post: #1
TuscanSun http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/buddy_online.gif
Elite Member
http://sgfuck.org/mybb/uploads/avatars/avatar_3613.jpg?dateline=1375519650
A Stanford Medical School Student Was Arrested for Poisoning Her Classmates' Water Bottles
April 1, 2015
by Jennifer Schaffer

One day in October 2014, a graduate student researcher at Stanford University's Nusse Lab took a drink from her water bottle. According to testimony she later gave to police, the student "immediately experienced a burning sensation in her mouth and throat. Her eyes became irritated and watery. She began salivating uncontrollably. Her throat was burning so bad that she could not even swallow the water."

When she smelled her water bottle, it reeked of paraformaldehyde.

This wasn't the first time a member of the lab had accidentally ingested the toxic chemical. For weeks, researchers in the lab had been sniffing their water bottles before drinking, and multiple times each week, the bottles smelled strongly of paraformaldehyde. But none of the students suspected that they were being intentionally poisoned by the "awkward and quiet" second-year Stanford Medical School student in the lab, Zheng*, who is now being charged with four felony counts of poisoning. (The Fountain Hopper, an anonymous publication that made waves earlier this year by alerting students to their rights to request their admissions files under FERPA, discovered the case after receiving a tip from a member of the lab on March 19.)

In her account to police, Zheng described her actions as a cry for help: "I am truly sorry for what had happened, but I really didn't mean to harm people. And I... it was me crying out for help and I didn't know."

Zheng had seemed insecure and very stressed, but her behavior didn't come across as abnormal to her peers, just par for the course at one of the most competitive medical schools in the world. The 26-year-old scientist had come to Stanford's Cancer Biology program from the prestigious Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A-STAR) program in Singapore. As one of her colleagues would testify later, Zheng described Stanford as "a paradise."

It's not hard to see why. Stanford pays meticulous attention to appearances: The sides of campus streets are regularly scrubbed with soapy water, the grass stays absurdly green throughout drought season, and when students struggle, as Zheng apparently did, they tend to do so quietly. The term "Stanford Duck Syndrome" is widely used on campus to describe the way students appear happy and calm above water, while desperately kicking beneath the surface just to stay afloat. Conversations about young people's mental health have become more urgent on campuses across the country in recent years, Stanford's among them. In January, a Stanford senior committed suicide; another overdosed on graduation day last spring, immediately after the keynote speech by Bill and Melinda Gates.

continued...
http://www.vice.com/read/a-stanford...or-poisoning-her-classmates-water-bottles-331

Today 8:22 PM http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/mobile/posted_0.gif Post: #2
reiko http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/buddy_offline.gif
Guru Member

Why cannot name the suspect?
So this "Zheng"- where is she from?
She went there under ASTAR program from Singapore, but where does she originate from?

I love twitter!

http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/english/postbit_find.gif

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: ASTAR Scholar (PRC?) Arrested for Poisoning Her Classmates' Water Bottle in Stanf

Zheng is originally from PRC. All AStar scholarships holder are required to take sinkapore citizenship after their first degree.

AStar is spending lots of our dough on foreigners. But you wouldn't know because the data will show them as sinkees, even though they are foreigners forced to be sinkees.

AxelWitsel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: ASTAR Scholar (PRC?) Arrested for Poisoning Her Classmates' Water Bottle in Stanf

Scums are Chinks of the earth

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Zheng obviously is an old hand in such practices,due to PRC background.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Zheng is originally from PRC. All AStar scholarships holder are required to take sinkapore citizenship after their first degree.

AStar is spending lots of our dough on foreigners. But you wouldn't know because the data will show them as sinkees, even though they are foreigners forced to be sinkees.

PRC converted new citizen giving Singaporeans a bad name overseas? Someone will say must look at the big picture, PRC/any other country chinese like Sun Xu can insult Singaporeans as dog, cheat or harm people like this case all considered okay and cannot complain against them.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

one way to "kill" off the competition. tiongs are good at that.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why AStar keep quiet?

In a free press country, the newspaper will reveal the background of this AStar scholar. Not in sinkapore ...we are fed what the PAP government wants us to know.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Majority of these PRC with Astar after serving their BOND will Fcuk frm Sinkieland to US or Europe. They noe research here is alot of bullshit.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Majority of these PRC with Astar after serving their BOND will Fcuk frm Sinkieland to US or Europe. They noe research here is alot of bullshit.

The Ah Nehs and Ah Tiongs AStar scholars are using sinkapore as a stepping stone to the West. Only dumb Philip Yeo doesn't get it.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

PRC converted new citizen giving Singaporeans a bad name overseas? Someone will say must look at the big picture, PRC/any other country chinese like Sun Xu can insult Singaporeans as dog, cheat or harm people like this case all considered okay and cannot complain against them.

Some Singaporean dog sent me this reputation comment:

"Thread: ASTAR Scholar (PRC?) Arrested for Poisoning Her Classmates' Water Bottle in Stanford
you are a bastard total loser retarded dog! My dog fucked your prostitute whore mother and you this bastard motherfucker mad dog ate my feces & you licked my anushole! you this bastard dog & all yr whole family will all die horribly in road accidents"

XiahouDun

Alfrescian
Loyal

"Thread: ASTAR Scholar (PRC?) Arrested for Poisoning Her Classmates' Water Bottle in Stanford
you are a bastard total loser retarded dog! My dog fucked your prostitute whore mother and you this bastard motherfucker mad dog ate my feces & you licked my anushole! you this bastard dog & all yr whole family will all die horribly in road accidents"

That is a clone from the PAP IB. Just send Leongsam a PM and it will be dealt with. :wink:

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just PM Leongsam and that clone from the PAP IB will be dealt with.

My suspicion is require (gopal's clone) :wink:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just PM Leongsam and that clone from the PAP IB will be dealt with.

My suspicion is require (gopal's clone) :wink:

Oic will take note. Thanks.

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

you are a bastard total loser retarded dog! My dog fucked your prostitute whore mother and you this bastard motherfucker mad dog ate my feces & you licked my anushole! you this bastard dog & all your whole family will all die horribly in road accident very soon!

Thanks for the compliments. :smile:

I am the best of the best. Unbeatable. :biggrin:

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

you are a bastard total loser retarded dog! My dog fucked your prostitute whore mother and you this bastard motherfucker mad dog ate my feces & you licked my anushole! you this bastard dog & all your whole family will all die horribly in road accident very soon!

Don't say that i never warn u, for every profanity that i find on my news feeder clones, the all lowercase alphabets clones from your PAP IB that is posting round the clock will be made to take the rap including lancheowman. :biggrin:

DiMatteo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why AStar keep quiet?

In a free press country, the newspaper will reveal the background of this AStar scholar. Not in sinkapore ...we are fed what the PAP government wants us to know.

Presstitutes have borders around them :rolleyes:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkees should protest that AStar spends on foreigners instead of sinkees

An A*Star scholarship holder who was doing cancer research at one of America's top universities has been accused of trying to poison her laboratory mates using a toxic chemical.

ST_20150402_POISON02_1198069e.jpg

Singaporean Ouyang Xiangyu, 27, now faces a trial in California after being charged with four counts of poisoning the drinking water of classmates at her graduate studies lab in Stanford University last year.

Currently out on US$50,000 (S$68,600) bail but not allowed to leave the country, she is expected to plead not guilty due to insanity.

The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*Star) told The Straits Times yesterday that it was "deeply concerned" over the incident. "There will be no action on our part until after the proceedings have concluded," a spokesman said.

Ouyang received A*Star's National Science Scholarship (PhD) in 2013 after her outstanding performance in her undergraduate studies at Imperial College London.

The former Temasek Junior College student, who was originally from China, was expected to complete her PhD studies by 2018 and return to Singapore to complete her five-year bond, the spokesman added.

According to court documents, things started going wrong for her last August, when she allegedly began sabotaging a lab mate's experiment.

From September, two female graduate student researchers working in the same lab also began finding something wrong with the water in their bottles. They experienced burning sensations in their throats, for instance, after drinking.

The students, who were of Asian descent, found that the water smelt of paraformaldehyde. The chemical, which is used to preserve tissue samples, was readily available in the lab.

In November, when questioned by police, Ouyang, who was described as quiet and shy by colleagues, admitted adding the chemical to at least two bottles that did not belong to her.

She claimed she had been suffering from insomnia and dizziness, and had sought help from a psychiatrist. She insisted she never had any intention of harming anyone. Her actions, which she claimed she had little control over, were "a cry for help".

When The Straits Times visited her home in Clementi yesterday, Ouyang's father, who declined to be named, said his wife is currently taking care of their daughter in the United States.

He denied being aware of any medical condition his daughter might have. "If we had known earlier, we would have sent her for treatment."

Tenants living with the family said Ouyang's parents are both researchers.

According to California law, she could face between two and five years in jail if found guilty. Another three years could be added if the poison involved can cause "great bodily harm or death".

[email protected]
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...ter-classmates-the-us-20#sthash.iONs7kCR.dpuf

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sinkees should protest that AStar spends on foreigners instead of sinkees

Why are we spending hundreds of millions on foreigners when there are so many deserving singaporeans that can benefit from such generous scholarships?

The AStar scholarship start from junior college. The foreigner is given board, lodging, allowance and free schooling. Then he or she proceeds to university. They can go to any top universities in the world. Board, lodging, allowance, yearly flight home and all fees. 4 years in a top university would easily cost $250,000. Then, it is graduate studies. Another $400k spent on this foreigner. Round it up, we would have given this foreigner $1 million of scholarship. In return, he serves a 5-year bond and a free sinkapore passport.

Which sinkee won't want this deal - $1 million worth of scholarship for 5 year bond?

Note: AStar will bullshit you that this isn't true ...it will show that most of the scholarships are given to sinkees. How does it do that? After completion of first degree, these foreigners become instant sinkees. So, the scholarships for graduate studies are categorized as given to sinkees.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sinkees should protest that AStar spends on foreigners instead of sinkees

If you can't beat them, poison them :biggrin:
Don't we all love the hard driven and hungry fts?