• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Asiaone Article: Economics of prostitution in Geylang

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
The typical freelance streetwalker in Geylang is 26 years old, services four clients a day for $70 each on average, and earns about $3,200 a month after deducting rent and other expenses.

The findings are based on face-to-face interviews with 177 prostitutes over the last two years by three academics from the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Boston University and Fudan University.
http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/economics-prostitution-geylang

They should research on SBF's sister forum.

RUN knows china KTV hostess who are in priority/premier banking, that means they have deposits or investments in excess of $250K after working 2-3 years in Singapore.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Detailed international research from ECONOMIST magazine: More bang for your buck
http://www.economist.com/news/brief...haking-up-oldest-business-more-bang-your-buck

20140809_FBC102.png

20140809_FBC048.png

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why only 70 bucks each customer?
The 17 yrs old prostitute that got a string of men in trouble could get 500 bucks each. 1 day service 4 already 2k.
Work non stop 30 days a mth 60k.
Work 1 yr no break 720k!
HUAT ah!

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If work 3 yrs no break 2.16 mil!
Then put in bond at 5% can get 108k pa.
Wow, can retire by 20/21 yrs old!

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 17 yrs old prostitute that got a string of men in trouble could get 500 bucks each. 1 day service 4 already 2k.
Work 1 yr no break 720k!
HUAT ah!

yes, i agree the findings severely understated the income of prostitutes by only citing lower-incomed "streetwalkers". Many China KTV girls are as rich as their customers.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am sure prostitutes made more than that, i heard the pioneer batch of china mei mei streetwalkers in geylang made about 30-40k a month. they are long retired and bought proerpties, and enjoying their years back in china.

Work 1 yr no break 720k!
HUAT ah!

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I saw a thread started at sister website that this guy wanted to bao very good quality char boh at 6k per mth, must be chio and intellectual. What a joke, good quality ones can get 60k a mth and why would go for him at 1/10 of the price.

Cheapo man.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw a thread started at sister website that this guy wanted to bao very good quality char boh at 6k per mth, must be chio and intellectual. What a joke, good quality ones can get 60k a mth and why would go for him at 1/10 of the price.

Cheapo man.

6K can get chio locals, i cannot comment on the intellect. There is an online free-for-all classified site for this trade.
very liquid market.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pap said no need degree, guess they are thinking of alternative trades for sinkies to be chickens and ducks.