• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Asians discriminated at Olympics

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Did anyone see the badminton match between Chinese and the Korean women. The western crowd booed them and the western judge threathened to disqualify them. Bunch of racists. Finally the Koreans thrashed the Chinese. But the crowd still booed both pf them.

The crowd is certainly racist! What's wrong with throwing a game to give yourself an advantage? What's wrong with hitting the ball into the net and other forms of poor sportsmanship? Winning is everything, the winner takes all, and it PAYS TO BE A WINNER. The westerners should accept defeat, suck it up, and go home. If you can't even serve into the net, you don't deserve to be play.

The Penetrator

Alfrescian
Loyal
If a tournament got people try to lose then there is something wrong with the rules system !

Last edited:

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one likes the Chinese/Asians
I have friends in New york, Australia, Chicago, Detroit and S.f and London complaining of the increasing harassment and discrimination towards Asians.The worst is in Detroit, London and Australia

Im thinking of relocating my business to USA but im currently having 2nd doubts if its the right option(Im thinking of moving because of the way of life/freedom, despite having to pay more for operations/taxes but my ultimate motive is to permanently migrate there for good *Its something i always wanted to do since i was a young boy boy)

I think you should move because anyway ah neh is already a 3rd class citizen in Sgp,so perhaps u go to the West u can be 2nd class citizen.But one thing for sure u can never be 1st class citizen unless u go back to S.Asia!

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19074718

Sometimes actions that may seems okie with Asians are not accepted by Westerners.

We may accused them of being racist to Asians, but in many context, Asians seems not to be very interested in social conscience, although the West has its own examples too.

I came across a old chinese couple waiting for the taxi along Grange Road few months back. A well-dressed chinese family of three ( who dun seems very urgent)who was also waiting for the taxi just walked in front of the old couple, flagged down a cab and before they were able to board, a ang moh guy tried to stop them. I could not hear what the family was shouting but the ang moh guy insisted and waved to the old couple to board the cab instead.

Grange road. Well dressed Chinese family? Selfish like fuck?

They are Indonesian Chinese lah! Confirmed! This is my neighborhood and these Chinese-Indonesians are the pits! Really self serving selfish spoilt motherfuckers!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please lah. They are victims of pure racism. This is a western conspiracy. Look at the bullshit reasons that bigots give for expelling them';

1. Spectators paid from $40 to $2,000 for a ticket and many came with families. They were cheated - I say bollocks. Honestly who cares about spectators. Who asked them to buy tickets.

2. Fees paid for broadcasting rights - another bullshit.

3. Bringing the sport into disrepute - this is a blatant lie. Sport is all about winning. The motto is by foul and fair means. Gallantry and honour have no place in sports

One must have wisdom to recognise good quality. When Old Man got truly fucked in Suzhou, did he blame PRC? NO, he invested more.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal you are kidding right. Or being sarcastic. Seriously you have never been the sarcastic type so I guess you really meant it.

The spectators would have booed anybody attempting to play like that, regardless of race.

Why are you people turning it into a race issue? You're behaving just like the African Americans and the Bumis. Every little thing must bring up race.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually enjoyed the matches. very relaxing and slow paced. best for multi-tasking and surfing. the olympics should have more games like these.

sawadeecup

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it I really stupid to put the same nationality against another.

It doesn't make sense if the main purpose if Olympic is the medal tally rankings which is basically based on nationalities.

After you have settle among yourselves at your own national level then send one team to compete at Global level.

Somewhere there is a bloody cockup.

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
London 2012: Disqualified badminton players unfairly punished for playing the long game
Published on Wednesday August 01, 2012

LONDON—Reflecting on the decision of four badminton teams to throw their games here in order to get a better playoff draw, the face of London 2012 spent Wednesday wagging his finger.

“Depressing. Who wants to sit through something like that?” LOCOG chief Sebastian Coe moaned. “It is unacceptable.”

It’s an unseemly thing for him to say.

Coe long ago retired from athletics and instead switched over to a job in sales. It’s no longer within his competence to judge what is or isn’t ethically acceptable behaviour for people who still need to win in order to pay their rent.

Hours later, the discipline’s governing body cravenly capitulated to public opinion (most of that public presumably having never watched a game of badminton before in their lives).

Four teams, including the defending world champions, were tossed from the badminton competition for the sin of playing the long game instead of the short one.

What’s not at issue here is that games were thrown.

The four pairs — two from South Korea, and one each from China and Indonesia — embarked on an amusing journey into true amateurism on Tuesday night.

Over and over, they smashed the shuttlecock into the net. They put easy shots well wide. No rally lasted more than four passes over the net.

How would you look competing in the Olympics? Now you know.

All four pairs were trying to ease their draw going into the knockout round, where lesser teams play each other before they meet the powerhouses. The Chinese, who have used this strategy for years on the world badminton stage, wanted to ensure their entrants could not meet before the gold medal match.

They’re out now. Four inferior teams, including a Canadian pair, were pushed forward as replacements.

That’s the silver lining to this thing — playing another surprise entrant, Australia, Canadians Alex Bruce and Michele Li advanced to Thursday’s semis. They’re one win from a medal.

“We’re not excited that it happened,” Bruce said of the expulsions. “It sucks.”

That’s showing a whole lot of Canadian class. You’re happy for them, but just because it broke right for us doesn’t make it fair.

If anyone’s to blame, it is organizers who decided to make this competition a round robin instead of a straight elimination. You want maximum effort? You make every match count. Otherwise, you introduce gamesmanship into the mix.

The ticket buying public was upset. Vocally so inside the venue, chanting “Off! Off! Off!.” A little while back, their ancestors meant “heads” when they said that.

That seems to be the real problem here. The gawkers didn’t reach their fun quota on Tuesday night. If so, the ticket buying public can go suck rocks.

The only people who matter at the Olympics are the ones standing inside the lines of play. They’re the ones doing what they are not paid to do — they are competing. At this level, strategic losing is part of that.

It happens in most sports, though more subtly. If they’re going to start booting every athlete who takes it easy in a heat or fields an understrength squad in a meaningless game, the next job for all the soldiers wandering around here is switching out fatigues for spandex and getting warmed up.

What Coe and all the rest of the frothers are getting confused here is the difference between a spectacle and a show.

The Olympics are entertaining. They are not entertainment.

Professional athletes owe you their best every night. That’s what they’re getting paid to do. Amateurs owe nothing to the crowd. This isn’t a circus. They’re not getting a cut of the gate.

Amateurs are here to represent their country and win medals. The national federations that pay their subsistence wage are their bosses. They don’t care how good you look. They don’t care how hard you tried. They care how much you win. Public sports funding isn’t charity. It’s an extension of a nation’s foreign policy objectives.

Putting aside all the lip service paid to respecting the Olympic spirit (tell that to the guys working at the doping labs), the highest goal here is to win within the boundaries of the rules.

There is no rule in any sport anywhere that says you have to be good. Otherwise, none of us would play anything.

They play these Games to win.

What is truly depressing is that while undetected drug cheats will continue on here, a group of competitors playing by the well-established rules of their small world have been robbed of glory by people who couldn’t have cared less about this sport before Tuesday, and will forget everything they have learned in a few days’ time.

But for those eight competitors, the unfairness of being cheated by a riled-up, half-interested mob will last forever.

chorut

Alfrescian
Loyal
​Pretty or not?

20120802.162045_wuminxia.jpg

China's gold medalists He Zi (left) and We Minxia (right) pose on the podium after their win.

Last edited: