• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Arsenal FC 2008/2009 Sign In Here !!!

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
the lose is a sign tat tiz not going b arsenal season again.....their quad is really thin with all the injuries 2 the better players.....time 2 buy but wherz the cash.....wenger.....the arsenal players & the arsenal fans r all fustrated......

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
this season,they have only 2 signings.
the team is still young,but they have to step-up and learnt fast.
the lost to Fulham was only their 2nd between them for over 40 years.

pigcanclimbtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
this season,they have only 2 signings.
the team is still young,but they have to step-up and learnt fast.
the lost to Fulham was only their 2nd between them for over 40 years.

agree. this team is a very young team. the fans's booing at Adebayor doesnt help!

levusjovi

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Wenger doesnt sign another midfielder then i would think it will be another trophyless season for us. Honestly despite the wonderful work Wenger had done for Arsenal, I think it may be time for him to go. This below statement from him make me think that Arsenal is no longer a big club.

"I find Barry a good player. The problems with players who are 27, 28 is that you pay big money but you get nothing back, no resale."

What the hell is he thinking? Is he a shareholder of the board? Arsenal is one of the few teams that paid divdends to the shareholders. When you want to buy a player you are thinking of selling him off to make a profit out of him? Which means Arsenal is just like Ajax....a training school for some of the best footballers in the world. If you buy a player at 27 or 28, you want instant sucess. These are players at their peak and can contribute immediately. All good things had to come to an end. I think for Arsenal to move forward, the board must go, Wenger must step down. There are lots of great managers outside who can bring Arsenal to the next level.

gooner4eva

Arsenal is one of the few teams that paid divdends to the shareholders.

that's not true. in the past 30 years Arsenal has NOT paid any dividends, Usmanov is demanding one but as of now the directors have not agreed to pay it. At the last AGM in Oct 07 the Directors announced the policy was to re-invest and and not pay a dividend.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2008/0519/107.html

Usmanov, who paid a rich 3.3 times revenue for his stake in Arsenal, seems more likely than Kroenke to pursue this course. He says he wants to amass a 25% stake, which would be sufficient to veto special resolutions and call extraordinary meetings but well short of the 29.9% stake that would trigger a bid for the whole company under U.K. takeover rules. He has already called for Arsenal to pay a dividend, which it hasn't done for 30 years.

gooner4eva

Yup you are right. paiseh fed with the wrong info somewhere :o

no worries!

btw, in case there are people who are not aware, there is an official arsenal supporters' club in singapore.

in case i am not allowed to post the link, please google or rednano for us, we are also listed in the arsenal website under the supporters club section.

we meet on match nights at modesto's elizabeth which is at elizabeth hotel.

personally i am not very confident of success this season due to financial restrictions that we are under in the short term.

while wenger is not perfect and has his faults, some of the issues are more a result of the main shareholder and the directors.

the dismissal of david dein was a huge mistake and the initial reaction against kroencke was also one. had the board been more enlightened at that point, one wonders how things could have turned out better subsequently in terms of player retention and transfers.

in spite of hugely underspending all the big and wannabe big teams over the past few seasons, we were only 4 points off the eventual winners.

so keep the faith!

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!

levusjovi

Alfrescian
Loyal
no worries!

btw, in case there are people who are not aware, there is an official arsenal supporters' club in singapore.

in case i am not allowed to post the link, please google or rednano for us, we are also listed in the arsenal website under the supporters club section.

we meet on match nights at modesto's elizabeth which is at elizabeth hotel.

personally i am not very confident of success this season due to financial restrictions that we are under in the short term.

while wenger is not perfect and has his faults, some of the issues are more a result of the main shareholder and the directors.

the dismissal of david dein was a huge mistake and the initial reaction against kroencke was also one. had the board been more enlightened at that point, one wonders how things could have turned out better subsequently in terms of player retention and transfers.

in spite of hugely underspending all the big and wannabe big teams over the past few seasons, we were only 4 points off the eventual winners.

so keep the faith!

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!

I respect for what Wenger had done for Arsenal in his years of charge. He brought success with style in Arsenal. But I hope he doent live on his past glory. Even with the most stylish football, 3 season without any trophy is consider a failure. I am also puzzled as if my memory serves me correctly, after the last AGM, I remember the director mentioned that Wenger had a 70mil warchest. But Wenger lately said that Arsenal are a selling club. Not sure what is really going on behind the scene.

While I agree money cannot buy success but at the moment Arsenal is really lacking in depth. It seem like there is a curse on Arsenal players lately as they are always in the treatment room. We cannot always said we are the best team by playing stylish football. We need results too surely having the league wont hurts but always seeing Man U or Chelsea winning them hurts badly...:(

gooner4eva

I am also puzzled as if my memory serves me correctly, after the last AGM, I remember the director mentioned that Wenger had a 70mil warchest. But Wenger lately said that Arsenal are a selling club. Not sure what is really going on behind the scene.

(

myles palmer in arsenalnewsreview wrote something about it. we may have 70 mil but a lot of it is reserved. iirc the actual amount available for transfers is less than 25 mil.

we have to complete and sell the condos on the old highbury grounds and it seems we need the cash to finish building as credit has dried up and in the current environment.

the picture may be clearer when this year's results are released in oct and the agm is probably on the 16th.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
i suppose wenger doesn't have much choice bt 2 work with the current players he have......wenger have done much 4 arsenal bt arsenal board of directors r not doing much 2 help him in his job......

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
they scored a very convincing win against Twente of Holland to process to CL.
4 different scorers, 4-0 to Arsenal.
maybe they are getting there liao.
my Reds is in very poor scoring form. :confused:

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
arsenal is impressive form in the ECL is good 4 the club as we advances into the latter stages......the gunners will b able 2 generate more income 2 pay off their loans sooner.......:biggrin:
however our epl form is not that great so i guess tiz year wenger may want 2 focus more on the ECL.......:smile: