• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Army Food is getting Better & Better!!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The food looks like shit.

Well, give credit when credit's due.

At least it's better than that dog food Vivian Balakrishnan had served to YOG volunteers.

6a00d83451b52369e20134862d2b4b970c-400wi

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Army food was most memorable as a non event for me, can't even remember any dish served becos it was so terrible! i remember everything was really watery & diluted, it was basically rice drowned in watery gravy & some veg & some unidentifiable meat. after bmt & posted to unit, i lived off calerfare until ROD, i remember one exercise during bmt we had to remove the webbing out of our helmuts & placed those chicken rice brown paper inside & queue up behind the 3 tonner, the cook just slop the lunch into it & we used hands to eat. it was that bad but my elder bros will say during their time it was even worst! So pls enjoy ur Army food now, you dun knows how lucky u are man! oh.. what is night snack 1 & 2? got choice one? my time was dog biscuit & weak tea niah:eek:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dey say in ze army ... ze fud is mighty fine! ... :smile:

dey serf on ze table ... a broken leg of mine! ... :eek: :o
dey say in ze army ... ze kopi is mighty fine! ... :smile:

it looks like muddy water ... n tastes like turpentine! ... :eek: :o

sta1100

Alfrescian
Loyal
My time was 85-87 the food was great alway take 2 serving even in field training, but I notice the food now days are better.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I served NSF at the old 2PDF TC at Sembawang Camp. The Chinese cookhouse then was quite good. The problem came when there was an in-camp, and the cookhouse was handed over to the reservist cooks. For the most part standards plummeted during full ICTs. I remember the curry puffs fondly...

Some reservist cooks are hotel cooks by profession.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing like what we had:

1. sandy rice
2. pale green/yellowish veggies (overcooked)
3. tasteless fish
4. rubber chicken
5. leather beef
6. dishwater soup

cooked by recruits, not Sats..

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
gedong reservist cookhouse still as sucky as ever :mad:

my first two ICT at gedong was at the old ATC up a small knoll beside the armoured engineer. That time was pre-SAR period so the rumor then was that a meal cost $7+ so the food was fantestic. But when ATC shift to the new buildings near the main gate, the standard drop a lot, rumor against because of the SFI new contact was only $5+ a meal, so quality went south. my last ICT at 2009, it was so bad that many of us reservists rate the food as lousy at the cookhouse survey machine. apparently too many ppl rated lousy that the trainers tell us to "shou xia liu qing" wahaha...

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
NS Food = Good ?

Well, give credit when credit's due.

At least it's better than that dog food Vivian Balakrishnan had served to YOG volunteers.

6a00d83451b52369e20134862d2b4b970c-400wi

It teaches you that NS and volunteerism don't pay.

Ai Gheng Boh Bhay Choot Pheng

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Tasty ?

Its also about hygiene. Go to any prc staff restaurants and find their smoking point. Just look at the cooks and you will know what I mean. I am a chef by trade and most restaurants that are own by local chinese also dun wanna hire prc cooks. Unless its a chinese cuisine restaurant.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

smc days. cadets had to share soup from a china bowl. very unhygenic but after a day of tough physical and mental activities, any soup was good.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chicken wings are some of the worst. hormonal injections are made at the wings. with skin on, wings have the highest concentration of fat per square inch in a chicken. and there's not much meat to provide protein. might as well get a protein shake. :rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Its also about hygiene. Go to any prc staff restaurants and find their smoking point. Just look at the cooks and you will know what I mean. I am a chef by trade and most restaurants that are own by local chinese also dun wanna hire prc cooks. Unless its a chinese cuisine restaurant.

mexican cooks and kitchen help are the best. cheap. good. hardworking. punctual. can stand heat in kitchen. high endurance. eager to learn.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why should officers be served better food? That's the problem with sinkapore - the class divide. If the officers are smart, they would want to live like the soldiers they lead or face being deserted by the troops.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why should officers be served better food? That's the problem with sinkapore - the class divide. If the officers are smart, they would want to live like the soldiers they lead or face being deserted by the troops.

They already get the perks: separate mess halls, separate dining tables at the cookhouse, and separate parking lots.