• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Army drivers were driving without licenses - 3rd Sgt Tan died at the hand of one

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Third Sergeant Tan Mou Sheng died in May after being thrown out of his jeep. He was pinned down as the vehicle overturned. The COI found the entire group of commanders who were ALL neglecting training safety.

As military investigators descended on the Combat Intelligence School and questioned other servicemen, they found more cases of people who got the keys to the vehicles without licenses. Controls over who got the keys were also found to be lax during training.

Lt Col Vincent Lam Fei Liong had received a Long Service Medal at the last National Day. His 'punishment' - moved to another appointment.

Four other high-ranking officers were also moved to assignments not involving the supervision or training of national servicemen, according to the ST.

lushbush

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is really criminal, shameful and disgraceful. Didnt expect this in Singapore and in the Armed Forces.

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
During my time in NS and Reservist trainings, often many officers drove land rovers without the necessary licence. Even some full-time (signed-on) trainers drove vehicles (military jeeps and land rovers) without the necessary licences. So nothing is actually new, only brought to light because of a BOI.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder last time sat in jeep, the driver blurred like fcuk...don't know how where some of the handles are...etc. Luckily never langgar and overturned!!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cheapo SAF - Don't want to spend $$$ to train NSFs yet expect them to fulfil duties.

All NSFs should be taught how to drive in the army. It is one of the practical skills we can at least use in civilian life.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pay army big wigs so much money to hv fucking lousy armed forces! I think all gazetted ranks must hv their pay cut!

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watz de big deal? Many soldiers drove in WW2 without license - but they managed to kill or be killed. One sgt down does not mean a thing!!

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During my time in NS and Reservist trainings, often many officers drove land rovers without the necessary licence. Even some full-time (signed-on) trainers drove vehicles (military jeeps and land rovers) without the necessary licences. So nothing is actually new, only brought to light because of a BOI.

Actually nothing wrong as long they didn't drive it on public road. Is training all the while no license also drive.
In war let imagine if driver kill . Of course some one without license will need to take over is do or die.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reminds me of an incident in the Army when I was under the command of Cpt Moshe and Lta Dayan many years back.

I was leading my platoon back from exercise. The driver was taken ill. So I drove, although no license, the 3 tonner back to camp. Along the way, spotted a makcik with big melons and got distracted and veered off the road into a pond with green moss.

Lucky, everyone save although one of my men came out of pond with jellyfish on helmet binya.:o

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
sinkie's cowardice lead to a death of the people. This is how dangerous sinkies are. stay away from them if you want to live long.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reminds me of an incident in the Army when I was under the command of Cpt Moshe and Lta Dayan many years back.

I was leading my platoon back from exercise. The driver was taken ill. So I drove, although no license, the 3 tonner back to camp. Along the way, spotted a makcik with big melons and got distracted and veered off the road into a pond with green moss.

Lucky, everyone save although one of my men came out of pond with jellyfish on helmet binya.:o

Late 60s when the Israelis were in evidence as trainers?

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ooops ... forgot another thing. The jerry cans were filled with pomfrets too !!:o

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
another sinkie die without going to war..how to defend country if like that.. as though it is worth defending.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

What if there is death ? Blame it on miw , saf , mindef or peope who hold responsibility of young men life yet take silly action like yours !
I am only nco but to me safety above all stupid wayang training.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng noted such things very common in SAF lah even unqualified electricians can lay electric cables leh - officer ordered bohpian mah wait kana charged for insubordination.:biggrin: