• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Armegeddon is coming.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
China's debt tops 300% of GDP, now 15% of global total
  • ECONOMY
  • Thursday, 18 Jul 2019
    2:44 PM MYT

image: https://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/...hash=EC77F0553649789AA1B7286D57D3780D36DCD3BD
beijing-reuters.ashx

BEIJING: A key gauge of China's debt has topped 300% of gross domestic product, according to the Institute of International Finance (IIF), as Beijing steps up support for the cooling economy while trying to contain financial risks.

China's total corporate, household and government debt rose to 303% of GDP in the first quarter of 2019, from 297% in the same period a year earlier, the IIF said in a report this week which highlighted rising debt levels worldwide.

The IIF is a private global financial industry association, based in Washington.

"While authorities' efforts to curb shadow bank lending (particularly to smaller companies) have prompted a cutback in non-financial corporate debt, net borrowing in other sectors has brought China's total debt to over $40 trillion - some 15% of all global debt," the report said.

"Of note, onshore bond issuance suggests a big pickup in borrowing by local governments and banks this year."

China's economic growth slowed to 6.2% in the second quarter, its weakest pace in at least 27 years, as demand at home and abroad faltered in the face of mounting U.S. trade pressure.

To revive investment and protect jobs, Beijing has been encouraging banks to lend more, particularly to struggling smaller firms. It has also unveiled billions of dollars in tax cuts and infrastructure spending.

In the first half of this year, local governments' total net bond issuance reached 2.1765 trillion yuan ($316.5 billion), the finance ministry said on Tuesday.

Chinese officials have said repeatedly said debt risks are manageable overall. - Reuters

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/business...ow-15pct-of-global-total/#do1DREAkT55W3pW1.99

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nah, more like Soviet Union version 2.0.

New flag, new country borders, disposal of Mao's preserved corpse, some cosmetic changes.

Soul

Alfrescian
Loyal
I work until very stressed, a lot of problems cannot solve. Everyday is a struggle, don't even dare to answer business calls for the fear of another issue. My Korean supplier's staff just committed suicide on this monday.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought my salvation is here.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
US debt to gdp also about same figure or slightly less. Japan same thing.so malays are doing the right thing by getting into debt.

ChanRasjid

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these are just economic forecasts about collapse, but man cannot see much into the future. It was said the US would collapse because of their 14 trillion plus national debt etc; but, just like age, 14 trillion is just a number. After 2008, the world goes on as usual...

But there is some truth that we are in a very unusual age in human history due to the scientific and technological revolution. We live in an age of "miracles", yet most of us do not see it as we are all consumed by surfing the internet and playing with the smartphones. Muslims sometimes like to talk about miracles, to convince themselves about their faith that Allah exists, but their eyes fail to see the miracles of God all around them. If it is not the miracle of God, how does a jet airliner so heavy fly?

But the miracles of science is as a double age sword - it can solve the worlds problems or it may end human civilization. No wonder Christians think that there is a "Second Coming" - if not "Christ" and the renewal of the Holy Spirit, how else can the world be saved? Chan Chun Sing? Indranee Rajah? Xi Jinping? Dalai Lama? Subud? Chan Rasjid. http://www.emc2fails.com