• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are we in recession now?

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come my friends doing sales and those in shipping told me we are already into recession? pap never report just in case people got frighten keep the money and refused to spend. causing the recession to trigger even faster.:eek:

ynk2252

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come my friends doing sales and those in shipping told me we are already into recession? pap never report just in case people got frighten keep the money and refused to spend. causing the recession to trigger even faster.:eek:

The most reliable indicator of recession or no recession is the Geylang Index. Lately the OKTs report that takings have dropped quite a lot so that means we are officially in recession.

jw5

Loyal
I prefer to rely on the "kopiroti indicator" to ascertain recession. :p

The most reliable indicator of recession or no recession is the Geylang Index. Lately the OKTs report that takings have dropped quite a lot so that means we are officially in recession.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The stock market tells the truth - STI is the worst performing bourse index in 2015. Banks are retrenching, you say leh

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
The stock market tells the truth - STI is the worst performing bourse index in 2015. Banks are retrenching, you say leh

when all is quiet in sinkieland, when the shitty times is so silent, when the miws does not boast about the economy, when the property agents tell you got discounts everywhere, when banks suddenly increase interest rates for loans quietly, when your banker start making alot of nuisance calls to you, when your workers started greeting you every moment, when STI is in negative terrotory, when causeway queues are extra long, you know we are already in a deep recession and going into depression. good to have it as too many idiots think it is OK to charge $20 for a lousy plate of fired rice or chicken rice .

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come got such calculation?

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
when all is quiet in sinkieland, when the shitty times is so silent, when the miws does not boast about the economy, when the property agents tell you got discounts everywhere, when banks suddenly increase interest rates for loans quietly, when your banker start making alot of nuisance calls to you, when your workers started greeting you every moment, when STI is in negative terrotory, when causeway queues are extra long, you know we are already in a deep recession and going into depression. good to have it as too many idiots think it is OK to charge $20 for a lousy plate of fired rice or chicken rice .

all those which u have mentioned does not seems to happen yet leh.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singos might just be the dumbest fucks on the planet….need an official letter to tell them recession is on…..jesus christ…..

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
pap only help u by getting u into more debts. coming recession will be a long and painful one.

Don't worry to keep us competitive, they can utilise the $300 billion or so in the CPF... just need to raise the minimum age again...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if really got recession, how cum dat 154th never say it ? ...

if dat 154th never say got recession, den there's no recession la ... dose pipz merely spreading rumors ...

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i believe the recession is here when all the fts fuck off home back to where they belong.otherwise its business as usual and the fucking goes on.

[video=youtube;fOaxEa5ONJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOaxEa5ONJw[/video]

pegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The so called "high end" FTs are already abandoning Singapore. Banks and Oil and Gas companies are sending their FTs back. Went to meet a friend in Sentosa who runs a restaurant there. Told me that his takings have halved and he is not sure if he can continue. Sentosa will soon revert to its original name as has really become "belakang mati" - ghost enclave of the rich !! Condos in district 10 and 11 , plenty of empty units for rent and have been on the market for months and no takers. In my condo, 30 % empty , all happened in the last year or so. I guess for sinkies (the 70% anyway) , ignorance is bliss until it hits them in the face!

i believe the recession is here when all the fts fuck off home back to where they belong.otherwise its business as usual and the fucking goes on.

[video=youtube;fOaxEa5ONJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOaxEa5ONJw[/video]

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My feeling is that the government is monitoring the economy closely and will not hesitate to act to counter any recessionary pressures through fiscal policy and/or monetary policy adjustments.

The big question is still the China's slowdown and its impact on the global economy.

Singapore needs to find the NEXT BIG THING in order to thrive well into the next 10 to 20 years. Otherwise it has to rely on the same formula of open population immigration policy to bring about growth. We cannot run away from importing foreign talents and with them foreign investment to spruce up the economy.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My feeling is that the government is monitoring the economy closely and will not hesitate to act to counter any recessionary pressures through fiscal policy and/or monetary policy adjustments.

The big question is still the China's slowdown and its impact on the global economy.

Singapore needs to find the NEXT BIG THING in order to thrive well into the next 10 to 20 years. Otherwise it has to rely on the same formula of open population immigration policy to bring about growth. We cannot run away from importing foreign talents and with them foreign investment to spruce up the economy.

Alternatively, it can help pump up its own domestic consumption via release of some of the property cooling measures. The moribund property market is affecting many secondary industries eg. renovation, appliances, design services, etc. Helping to inject more life to the market will give a boost to the local economy even as the global economy is slowing down.