• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are there agents in this forum bashing democracy?

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently, I have been seeing quite a lot of posts here bashing Taiwan for having people who are still willing to support their ex-president Chen Shui Bian. I do not know how corrupted that guy is, nor do I as a Singaporean, feel strongly about the issue. I only admire the fact that at least, Taiwan has the democracy to allow people to believe in whatever they want (as long as the rights of others are not trampled on). The KKK is still active in the good old USA as well even though they may be much hated. This is the beauty of freedom of expression.

However, the posts have been criticising the Taiwan model of democracy and I am truly at a loss in fathoming the reason for the ferocity of the criticism when most Singaporeans have never lived for a significant period of time in a real democratic country (or in Taiwan for that matter).

I can only conclude that the people who put up such posts is bent on discouraging others from believing that democracy can work in Asia (especially Singapore).