• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are the Upper Bukit Timah Road restaurants still there?

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard from a friend that the row of local food shops along Cheong Chin Nam Road (beside Upper Bukit Timah Road, opposite Bt Timah Shopping Centre) are no longer there.

Is this true? I know that the roads there had been hoarded up for the new MRT line construction, but the shops were still operating. Have they moved?

I used to love going there for the odd midnite snack at Al Ameen Eating House.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard from a friend that the row of local food shops along Cheong Chin Nam Road (beside Upper Bukit Timah Road, opposite Bt Timah Shopping Centre) are no longer there.

Is this true? I know that the roads there had been hoarded up for the new MRT line construction, but the shops were still operating. Have they moved?

Went To Bukit Timah Shopping Centre for a business meeting, didn't stop to look the other way, only saw boarding obstructing the view, don't know if the shops are still operating...I only remember Country Mana. I loved their Puff Soup, are they still around? & they have a restaurant, I forgot the place..where they have a resident pianist.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

The shops especially the eateries are still there. Many new outlets though.
More than one prata shop now (I think including Al Ameen), Boon Tong Kee, 2 teochew porridge shops, Five Star chicken rice and hainanese food, herbal soup shop, a few other new outlets too.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I just went there few nights ago with my wife.. The constructions around the area can make you confused..

You can't really see the coffeeshops from the main road as the side of the road is all covered with steel hoardings due to the construction of the new MRT line..

Last edited: