• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are Property Agents Trustworthy?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The point is - no such university as Templeton

Never has been. You can write all you want but there is no such university and its not listed in any respected accreditation list, employers listings and the listings of regulatory bodies.

Words like "polarised" does not address the basic issue of its existence or its competency.

It just does not exist. You have to live with it. No matter how much you consult a thesaurus and throw in words to give the impression of an education, you and I can't help the fact that there is no such university. Why don't you try the novel approach of stating that they chose not to have a website as hosting a website is voluntary. Most paper mills have website to at least support their paying customers to mislead potential employers. You should have paid a bit more for a paper mill that has a website.

The point about accreditation as self-regulation is in CHEA's website. If someone wishes to see bullshit all the time, I won't want to engage such a polarised perspective. Besides, an argument which takes the point entirely out of context in making comparisons with lawyers and doctors is extreme. I suppose very soon we will need accredited taxi-drivers, accredited tuition teachers, accredited retailers, accredited mediums, etc.

angmohlang

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not my ambition to defend the university and as I wrote earlier, I do not have any personal gratification to see it vindicated. Nonetheless, my 2 managers exist regardless whether their university has a website. If their papers are worthless, their performance is not.

angmohlang

Alfrescian
Loyal
I made my point clear from my posts. Generalisation is not the way to go. There are good fellas who may have come from unaccredited universities which are not necessarily degree mills. There are scum who came from Ivy League universities. The Rev Dr John Platt of the Pembroke College, Oxford scandal is one such example. I have also shared my information on Templeton University in Middletown, NY which I believe exists. There are more information on my end and correspondence with CHEA that I am not at liberty to share. Should members of this community take a different view, it does not perturb me. What disturbs me is judgementalism of people!

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I made my point clear from my posts. Generalisation is not the way to go. There are good fellas who may have come from unaccredited universities which are not necessarily degree mills. There are scum who came from Ivy League universities. The Rev Dr John Platt of the Pembroke College, Oxford scandal is one such example. I have also shared my information on Templeton University in Middletown, NY which I believe exists. There are more information on my end and correspondence with CHEA that I am not at liberty to share. Should members of this community take a different view, it does not perturb me. What disturbs me is judgementalism of people!

kon jiao weh! why do people want to cheat by telling people they are Dr??? or PHD??? which they didnt earn it but bought it??? why??? so they are not cheat??? u talk like mama!!! like a snake!!! good fellas will not buy those titles to self glorify!!! its not about good fellas or bad fellas, its about are u up to the mark!!! im a very good man with a o levels only, so i go and buy a phd. will u employ me as a ceo or gm for company??? i think u must be an owner of some school giving out dip or degree from those degree mill???

angmohlang

Alfrescian
Loyal
moonlightaffairs, I don't think you follow the gist of my arguments. Your response clearly demonstrates that. Besides, your last sentence is uncalled for. For the record, I don't own any school nor am I involved in any educational enterprise.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
moonlightaffairs, I don't think you follow the gist of my arguments. Your response clearly demonstrates that. Besides, your last sentence is uncalled for. For the record, I don't own any school nor am I involved in any educational enterprise.

i hope understand and accept my point, thats good enough. anyway, this threat is titled "Are Property Agents Trustworthy?" not "are people with a degree from non accreditation university trustworthy?". in IT a lot of ah neh using fake degree to get a job here, can even write a simple C program. so accreditation not important?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
angmor lan,

i believe u. uni templeton really exist.

just like that time i rode on a unicorn.

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
angmor lan,

i believe u. uni templeton really exist.

just like that time i rode on a unicorn.

I believe him too!

the more he desperately defends his rubbish, I more I believe that he has nothing to do with that Dr 'Property Agents are trustworthy' Tan.

:p:p:p

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
st_teekhoon.jpg

My PhD in Marketing is from Templeton University which do not have wesbite .... but you should address me as Dr Tan .... hee hee heee ... and I am the CEO of the Singapore Accredited Estate Agencies ... and I am saying that all real estate agents are trustworthy .... you must trust me OK?

Dr Tan Tee Khoon
Chief Executive Officer
Singapore Accredited Estate Agencies

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am beginning to wonder whether this angmohlang is 'Dr' Tan himself ....

angmohlang says:

angmohlang says:

First of all, I don't think I want to comment on the trustworthiness of agents. As chinkandoo rightly said, it's an issue with every human being and trust has to be earned. A generalisation won't help. I don't think .......

'Dr' Tan says:

While the estate agency profession has not been adequately regulated, we do not agree that this is tantamount to being least trustworthy. The recent negative publicity of rogue estate agents is an exception and does not reflect the majority who value professionalism and integrity. We will all do well not to lean towards over-generalisation.
Dr Tan Tee Khoon
Chief Executive Officer
Singapore Accredited Estate Agencies

Last edited:

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shall we invite Dr Tan to come on line to defend his Doctorate ?

If he can't defend his doctorate, he can't defend property agents.

angmohlang

Alfrescian
Loyal
peterlth is incredibly imaginative. I didn't know Dr Tan has a monopoly over the word, "generalisation" and thus I must be him! Yet he calls my reasoning "rubbish". But no thanks to giving me a new identity. I love mine!

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
peterlth is incredibly imaginative. I didn't know Dr Tan has a monopoly over the word, "generalisation" and thus I must be him! Yet he calls my reasoning "rubbish". But no thanks to giving me a new identity. I love mine!

Well, it is very common for individuals to have favourite words and phrases ... and unknowingly, they tend to repeatly use their favourite words in their essays ....

Last edited:

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
However, I do wish to say something about Templeton University because before I employed 2 very fine managers who have qualifications from that university,

Angmohlang, I think we can agree that Templeton University is relatively unknown, accredited or otherwise. Something that interests me is how did you end up with two managers from an unknown University ? Did both of them join your company at the same time ? Or one after another ? Didn't candidates from other better known universities apply for the same position ? How did the special duo stand out from the rest ?

The university was setup in 1947 and used to have a website but has ceased since 2005 (if I recall correctly) because of rising numbers of online mills. The Registrar is a Ms Grace Wald.

If Templeton University is not among the rising numbers of online mills, i.e. if Templeton is an authentic university, why should the decision to have or not to have a website be influenced by the proliferation of online degree mills ?

Should other recognized universities be influenced by the rising number of online degree mills and shut down their websites ? Should NUS and NTU shut down their websites ?

You know Dr Tan has a PhD in Marketing from Templeton University. I just cannot imagine a school that teaches Marketing as a major has chosen NOT to market its courses via the Internet in the 21st Century.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its obviously the good Dr himself. If he was not the one, he would not come out with convoluted arguments to defend the non existent university to such an extent. His use of the word "generalisation" in an interesting context as highlighted by Peter and the choice or words and the similar sentence structure is telling.

Idiots like that are plenty. His mistake was paying alcheapo price to papermill. The "better" mill will aleast have a website to give semblence of normalcy.

Its kind of disease for this kind of people. I know a chap from Brunei that has a string of degree and certs. Interestingly, its their own family members that give the game away but let these people believe in their own bullshit because they feel sorry for them.

The other category of education freaks are those that have been studying for decades accumulating diplomas and degrees but have not done a job in their life or doing something mundane.