• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are Communinity Centres Profit Centres?

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recently went to Kampong Ubi CC and wanted to use the Reading Room and was told I have to be a paid member in order to use the room. Alternatively, I could sit in the open court yard which was free.

I spoke with an ex colleague who is familiar with PA stuff and seems that all CCs and now rent out space in their CC and collect rental that goes into their own P&L. Examples re fast food chain and Gyms. Seems CCs are now very money conscious and try to generate revenue very much like private enterprises.

Does that mean that all CCs are now treated as Profit and Lost centres that must generate their own funds to make it self sustaining?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Or else how to feed the fat dogs at People Association ?

You're already feeding them if you have one of these:

passion-card.jpg

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're already feeding them if you have one of these:

passion-card.jpg

Not really. $12 for a 5 year membership and comes with a free Sketchers bag valued at $50plus. So even if bag is only worth $12, membership is freeeee.

P.S. This is not a Passion Card recruitment drive :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not really. $12 for a 5 year membership and comes with a free Sketchers bag valued at $50plus. So even if bag is only worth $12, membership is freeeee.

P.S. This is not a Passion Card recruitment drive :rolleyes:

I don't care for their shit freebies. I just know that with every additional signup (and usage) of the Passion card, PA is enriched by my action, directly or indirectly.

I refuse to be part of that statistic.

Giant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't go CC, use the library, its free and can enjoy the air-con and loads of books and magazines.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
ccs used to be inexpensive when they organised courses for the neighbourhood.

it has however evolved into a money spinner that charges quite exorbitantly. imo, they are accumulating the wealth to be used as "soft bribe" as the GE approaches. eg. giving free nasi lemak to foolish uncles and aunties to be the RARA gang for kee chiu.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No expectations, no disappoinments.. expect nothing free from the pappies, then wont get any disappointment. Same thing, they should expect nothing free from the people. Make them work for it....