• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Archbishop tells Catholics to vote Oppos

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Best for the Archbishop to stay clear of such matters. Given the Marxist conspiracy case in the mid-80s, MM will be ultra-sensitive on speeches made by Catholic Church leaders. Ditto PM and the security apparatus.

Please lah, even Dhanabalan knew there was no Marxist conspiracy. That was 30 years ago, Old Goat paranoid like fuck back than. Today with the internet and websites like this, the topics discussed at the meetings of the so-called marxist conspirators are mild. Even Soh is running around telling everyone they were coerced into confession. Today, Old Goat will not dare to pull the same shit on the catholic church. U had a weak minded gregory Yong at that time, Chia is made of sterner stuff. Now u go to St. Vincent De Paul, u see Lim Boon Heng there every sunday. Old Goat does not have the energy to fuck with the church anymore, and Gay Loong could not be bothered, unless he want a fight among his catholic ministers and MPs. On the contrary, I think this is the exact time the church should push the limits of its power. Its no secret that the govt. policy has hurt many ordinary people. The church being at the font line of adminstering spiritual and material aid to these disadvantaged people can see it. Its nothing wrong at all to speak up for them. Who else will? Their PAP MPs?

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
RESPECT to Archbishop Chia for standing up for what he truly believes in and not stand by idle and let the poor and less fortunate in Singapore society suffer.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow... i'm impressed... this archbishop is made of steel... LKY can't really fault him on this newsletter as it leaves one to interprete whichever party he thinks is kind to the elderly and poor :smile:

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just googled Archbishop Chia and he is 73 years old this year. Pappies will not use ISD and lock him away as he is way too old. Besides it is also unwise to turn this into State vs Religion issue as the article was written in a very neutral tone and subject to interpretation.

Falimah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which side are YOU on?

Picturex.png

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just googled Archbishop Chia and he is 73 years old this year. Pappies will not use ISD and lock him away as he is way too old. Besides it is also unwise to turn this into State vs Religion issue as the article was written in a very neutral tone and subject to interpretation.

73 years old already. One leg in coffin liao. Maye he want to set things right and make his peace w the Lord before he submit passport.

boman

Alfrescian
Loyal
As someone mentioned in this post, it depends on how you interpret the Archbishops's message. If you are pro-PAP, you will see the PAP as a protector of human rights, honesty etc. etc. Likewise, if you are pro-Opposition, you will see the PAP as a suppressor of all those values.

Eh LKY is God lei.

He issue press release say that Aljunied residents must "REPENT" if they vote for oppo...

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
City Harvest flock will vote PAP being grateful for NO action taken against Kong Hee.......

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
The chink who worship a middle eastern deity is trying to be funny. His church's doctrine is AGAINST democracy and favours AUTOCRACY. Alas, it is the winds the change that made representative democracy the prevalent political system globally, hence his group must bend with the times and pretend to support democracy. If he has a chance, they will go back to the feudal era where ex-communication and witch hunts are used to purge their enemies. For their church group to play a dominant part, it requires peasants to kowtow to their high priest is the deity's representative on earth. This is the same god-king concept used to fool east asians for centuries before the chinks woke up and overthrew the Manchus in 1911.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Catholics were screwed remember ?

Whoever you are, just don't vote for PAP. Void that paper or put a cross on any Tom, Dick or Harry's party. Some people may ask whether Tom's dick is really hairy. Who cares ! This is not one of those A-level GP essay exam. Mrs Chiam may not hold the fort ? Does she have a daughter ? She can help her.

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
........................U had a weak minded gregory Yong at that time, Chia is made of sterner stuff..............

Gregory Yong was a scholar (Doctorate in Canon Law), well read, articulate and self assured. LKY gave him a tough time during the marxist conspiracy. He was a fantastic man caught in a very difficult situation. But he was loved and respected by Catholics

As for Nicholas Chia, I met with him a few years ago to discuss Catholic dogma. He could not even stand his ground, tried to brainwash me further with the Catechism which to me was counter-productive. Later I found out he was only schooled until Secondary school. But I respect him for releasing this pastoral letter, shows his deepening intellect.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Moment of Truth

Nice article. However, no where in the article did Archbishop tells Catholics to vote for Oppos - be it directly or indirectly.

Interesting stir experiment there and looks like many forumers here take your subject heading as the truth.

Moment-of-Truth.gif

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gregory Yong was a scholar (Doctorate in Canon Law), well read, articulate and self assured. LKY gave him a tough time during the marxist conspiracy. He was a fantastic man caught in a very difficult situation. But he was loved and respected by Catholics

As for Nicholas Chia, I met with him a few years ago to discuss Catholic dogma. He could not even stand his ground, tried to brainwash me further with the Catechism which to me was counter-productive. Later I found out he was only schooled until Secondary school. But I respect him for releasing this pastoral letter, shows his deepening intellect.

I was a Catholic before until a priest said something ... but because I have asked God a question in faith, He led me to a true church. Many fake churches do not understand and some even deny the Holy Spirit thing ... I have received it and I know what that is.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
...Many fake churches do not understand and some even deny the Holy Spirit thing...

From your experience, what are some of these fake churches? PM me if you do not feel comfortable posting it in public.

Am just curious, that all...