• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Archbishop tells Catholics to vote Oppos

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
More likely info came from someone already attending these masses, eh?

During the height of the so called Marxist conspiracy, there were much discontentment amongst the Catholic community over the incident. There were rumors that Parish priest sermons has to be vetted and approved. Well rumor only huh so don't quote me.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You have judged him too harshly. Torn between choices, he chose the lesser of two evils. What and who can remain standing in the path of a raging steamroller? Still, you are fully entitled to your opinion. Its all history now anyway.

I have not judged him harshly at all. U on the other hand seem to have been besotted by him. Gregory Yong answered to one authority only. The papacy in Rome and directly God himself. If he has to fear anyone, he should have feared God first and foremost. Not a petty tyrant. He was given a script to read on life national TV by satan aka LKY, and brow beatened into reading it. A braver man would have said "fuck off". A smart man would have held the piece of paper in front of him, look at the live camera and said "The govt. is mistaken. These people are not marxist, but just good christians trying to help others. The prime minister is wrong". What can LKY do? Ban RC in singapore, like JW and mormons? U know now many hundreds thousands RC there are in singapore, not including prominent ones? LKY is not so stupid to do it, its committing political suicide.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I am not besotted by him. Fuck I am not even catholic. So if you were in his shoes, you would've done what you said below. Is that an accurate assumption?

I have not judged him harshly at all. U on the other hand seem to have been besotted by him. Gregory Yong answered to one authority only. The papacy in Rome and directly God himself. If he has to fear anyone, he should have feared God first and foremost. Not a petty tyrant. He was given a script to read on life national TV by satan aka LKY, and brow beatened into reading it. A braver man would have said "fuck off". A smart man would have held the piece of paper in front of him, look at the live camera and said "The govt. is mistaken. These people are not marxist, but just good christians trying to help others. The prime minister is wrong". What can LKY do? Ban RC in singapore, like JW and mormons? U know now many hundreds thousands RC there are in singapore, not including prominent ones? LKY is not so stupid to do it, its committing political suicide.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I am not besotted by him. Fuck I am not even catholic. So if you were in his shoes, you would've done what you said below. Is that an accurate assumption?

I find it very interesting that u are not even catholic and yet u come here and talk like u know him, and give the impression u are versed in the catholic church. Well, I am catholic. I did not know Gregory Yong myself, but I know other people in the church heirarchy. Yong himself admitted later that he was tricked and coerced into the televised confession. That he sold other catholics down the river to save his ass is unforgiveable. The church is replete with proven tales of catholics who have stood up to tyranny and injustice and paid the ultimate price. Yet, this weak minded fool cannot find the guidance from god to draw inspiration from them. What can LKY do to him? Put him in Whitney Detention centre? Make him a bankrupt? Cane him? Imagine the public and international outcry. And the answer to your question is given a national live audience, I would have done far more.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
You are right, church history has plenty of accounts of the faithful giving up their lives for their faith. These martyrs deserve our recognition and respect for their sacrifice. You are not privy to what went on, hence you are entitled to your opinion. And I am not inclined to educate you one bit. I left the catholic church many years ago, "excommunicated" myself you see. Bravo that you will do much more if you were in his shoes, I hope you get the opportunity to do so in your life time. Then we will all see.

I find it very interesting that u are not even catholic and yet u come here and talk like u know him, and give the impression u are versed in the catholic church. Well, I am catholic. I did not know Gregory Yong myself, but I know other people in the church heirarchy. Yong himself admitted later that he was tricked and coerced into the televised confession. That he sold other catholics down the river to save his ass is unforgiveable. The church is replete with proven tales of catholics who have stood up to tyranny and injustice and paid the ultimate price. Yet, this weak minded fool cannot find the guidance from god to draw inspiration from them. What can LKY do to him? Put him in Whitney Detention centre? Make him a bankrupt? Cane him? Imagine the public and international outcry. And the answer to your question is given a national live audience, I would have done far more.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You are right, church history has plenty of accounts of the faithful giving up their lives for their faith. These martyrs deserve our recognition and respect for their sacrifice. You are not privy to what went on, hence you are entitled to your opinion. And I am not inclined to educate you one bit. I left the catholic church many years ago, "excommunicated" myself you see. Bravo that you will do much more if you were in his shoes, I hope you get the opportunity to do so in your life time. Then we will all see.

what's up with all the mystery? This is almost 30 years ago. Yong is long past dead. want to educate me go ahead. I want to see what u got. If you have nothing, than just say so, and don't act so mysterious.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
what's up with all the mystery? This is almost 30 years ago. Yong is long past dead. want to educate me go ahead. I want to see what u got. If you have nothing, than just say so, and don't act so mysterious.

Like I have stated, you are fully entitled to your opinion. Its all history now anyway. Shalom :smile:.