• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Aqueous II : Photographs of paint dropped into water

FuzzyDude

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are beautiful but would you consider them art? In the sense that anyone with patience and a nice set of camera can replicate the effects.

I am not trying to shoot anyone. Just raising points for discussions. :biggrin:

This is often debated isn't it? whether photography is art.

In this case, it should be art, since the photographer had the vision to create the object being photographed.
Maybe he did a lot of trial and error, but then so do many modern abstract painters and artist. There is nothing wrong with that.

But what is art really? I have seen performance arts that are just silly and it is considered art!
To me, as long as it is created beautifully, and I enjoy looking at it, it is art... End of discussion
Just like a beautiful women's body, a work of art. :smile: