• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ANZAC Day 2010 - Kranji War Memorial - Lest We Forget

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
war05.jpg

The dawn service itself was extremely moving. Although I had heard stories of Australia's involvement in World War 2 from my late Grandfather, and have seen numerous documentaries and movies on the subject, and of course studied in history at school the role that the ANZACs played in defending Singapore, it still really hits home when I visit the Kranji War Memorial - to see the sheer number of grave stones honouring the Australian and New Zealand serviceman who so bravely sacrificed their lives... the monuments stretch for as far as the eye can see!! Just reading a few of the stones - the names, young ages and regiments... thank God for these men and women - and prayers to their families.

[Videos and Pictures]

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Australian ,New Zealand soldiers and our locals faught bravely in Malaya.
British and India soldiers lost the will to fight the battle.

Orion

Alfrescian
Loyal
We not suppose to remember those dead. It is because the Lee Dynasty works under the Japanese Gov and when the first atomic bomb dropped on 9th Aug, Lee was so sad that he swore he will make this date an unforgottable date to remember his Jap masters.

Hence, Singapore national day is also 9th aug. We celebrate and also remember the Jap dead every year.