• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone planning on getting an iPhone SE?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I prefer smaller phones that is why I never considered updating to one of the newer but bigger iPhone 6 family, but with the iPhone 5 SE I will be getting one because it will have the smaller form factor.

In Spore the phone is suppose to be available on March 24 for S$658(16GB model) & S$828(64GB model)

I will be getting the phone without a contract from an Apple reseller. Will I have problems getting one in March or should I expect a long queue :confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those that are curious about the iPhone 5 SE. It is basically a cheaper iPhone 6. Apple didn't try to cripple the handphone & that is why I've decided to get it.

http://www.macrumors.com/

9.7-inch iPad Pro and iPhone SE Both Have 2GB RAM

Apple never announces the RAM in its iOS devices, so that metric often remains a mystery until a device teardown or benchmarking tests. TechCrunch's Matthew Panzarino has an iPhone SE and a new iPad Pro on hand, and was able to use a memory checking app to determine the RAM in both devices.

Based on his testing, it appears that both the iPhone SE and the 9.7-inch iPad Pro include 2GB of RAM.

2GB RAM puts the iPhone SE on par with the iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6s Plus, both of which also include 2GB of RAM. As for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 2GB RAM means its performance isn't going to measure up to the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, which is equipped with 4GB RAM.

As was recently discovered, the 9.7-inch iPad Pro also features a slightly underclocked A9X processor, another factor that will impact its performance compared to the larger tablet.

Geekbench testing by Panzarino suggests the iPhone SE is not underlocked compared to the iPhone 6s, with the A9 in the device running at 1.85GHz. On the test, the iPhone SE received a single-core score of 2538 and a multi-core score of 4421, on par with or slightly better than tests conducted on the iPhone 6s.

Given that it includes the same processor and the same RAM, the iPhone SE is as powerful as the iPhone 6s despite its much smaller form factor and lower price. The new iPad Pro, while less powerful than its larger sibling, has its own unique features, including a 12 megapixel camera with rear flash and a unique True Tone display.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I'll probably get one when my iPhone 5 dies. However most of the time I carry my Motorola Razr because it is still the best phone on the planet. I still get 4 days of battery life out of it.

The iPhone is used for internet related stuff.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many el cheapos in here. When u buy a phone u also need to take note of the resale value. iPhones always command a premium. You try selling your second hand Sony or Asus android phones and u will get screwed so bad. Haha

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'll probably get one when my iPhone 5 dies. However most of the time I carry my Motorola Razr because it is still the best phone on the planet. I still get 4 days of battery life out of it.

"if its ain't broken"....I am still hanging on to my iPhone 5, after getting Apple replacement program for the battery & the top button ( known defects), the phone is working fine but APPLE is always sneaky, this is a 32bit phone, so as their upgrade goes on, now IOS 9.3, certain new features would not work or be present. For example, the Night Shift mode & other features not available for the iPhone 5. Look like I have to look into getting the iPhone SE....for its NFC reader etc...especially NFC , iPhone 5 does not have it....the iPhone 5 I will use as a spare phone.

Most likely will be getting the 64gb one without contract...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm going to get a 5 SE out of contract because I plan to use the phone with a non-Spore Telco. Using data is just too expensive in Spore.

I've considered getting a cheaper android smartphone but there's just too many trade-offs you have to make. With the 5SE even though it is the cheapest current iPhone, Apple didn't try to cripple it.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Latest Mi5 can consider

I already have a couple of Nokia phones but they are dumb phones. I need at least one good smartphone. In the past I had the 5s but it is getting old. If you have already owned an iPhone you take plenty of things for granted e.g. Easy to get accessories, plenty of apps available,...

Recently bought an Asus zen phone which is quite good but it is too big & had difficulty finding accessories, trying to learn a new interface is not easy because I'm so used to the Apple way:o

AndyBogard

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many el cheapos in here. When u buy a phone u also need to take note of the resale value. iPhones always command a premium. You try selling your second hand Sony or Asus android phones and u will get screwed so bad. Haha

There are people who gets tired of their phones and changes it every 6 months or one year and that's where resale value comes in.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm going to get a 5 SE out of contract because I plan to use the phone with a non-Spore Telco. Using data is just too expensive in Spore.

I've considered getting a cheaper android smartphone but there's just too many trade-offs you have to make. With the 5SE even though it is the cheapest current iPhone, Apple didn't try to cripple it.

I used a Xiaomi as a "marketing " phone for a while, was given one free, a few generations back. Used that phone for nonessential people to call me on a non-essential SIM card....but the phone has some weird problems & was not comfortable with the Android OS. Used a Samsung, forgotten the name, a small phone quite handy though has 4G...but still I don't like the OS..similarly the same with a Samsun S3....& recently was given FREE a SAMSUNG NOTE 5, GOLD PREMIUM edition.....I sold it immediately. I sold away the Xiaomi & the other samsung's....

Tried the 5s for a while...found it too big for my liking & didn't bother with the 6 or...whatever....now I have some cash from selling the Samsung Note 5...will buy the Iphone SE..& use it as my main phone & the iPhone 5...as my "marketing" phone, in other words, non-essential usage......

They are slowly crippling the older models of the iPhone...as you can see, each upgrade....my iPhone 5 is getting lesser features..:p

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are slowly crippling the older models of the iPhone...as you can see, each upgrade....my iPhone 5 is getting lesser features..:p

The SE should be usable for sometime since it has 2GB of system RAM & uses the current A9 processor.

Other than the communication apps like line, iMessage, WeChat, ....people like me don't really need all the extra processing power.

Many people ignore the Useability factor until they get a phone. I was at a phone store when this auntie came in looking for a newer phone that was easier to use than the android phone she was using:smile:.

I see plenty of older aunties & uncles using the iPhone. I think it is because IOS has a cleaner & simpler interface than android which can be messy because manufacturers are allowed to implement their own versions of android.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
"if its ain't broken"....I am still hanging on to my iPhone 5, after getting Apple replacement program for the battery & the top button ( known defects), the phone is working fine but APPLE is always sneaky, this is a 32bit phone, so as their upgrade goes on, now IOS 9.3, certain new features would not work or be present. For example, the Night Shift mode & other features not available for the iPhone 5. Look like I have to look into getting the iPhone SE....for its NFC reader etc...especially NFC , iPhone 5 does not have it....the iPhone 5 I will use as a spare phone.

It took Apple this long to include a NFC? Android had it eons ago.....

Just curious - why stick to Apple? It is a technologically inferior product.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

perhaps nobody ever call u is the real reason why your Motorola batt can last 4 days.:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It took Apple this long to include a NFC? Android had it eons ago.....

Just curious - why stick to Apple? It is a technologically inferior product.

Apple has their reasons why they stuck out of NFC till now. "technologically inferior product"?? hmm....I come from a generation that transited from ledgers to main frames to mini computers like NCR, IBM, DAC etc..to desktop computer running DOS I.0, display write, Lotus 123 version 1.2.3....to pagers to bulky mobile phones to....I think I can name you Operating Systems that are long incorporated into today's technology....uses devices at those times were so called "technologically advanced"....tried a newton once...then used PALM for while, even tried one of the earliest Microsoft Smart Watch by Timex....so?

I have tried all sorts of mobile phones, including one some long time back that run on GPS....where one have to make calls in some remote regions.....what I am saying is...I do have Android based phones & would not restrict myself from using Apple IOS phones...but ease of use & security ( though it can not be 100%)....I prefer the iPhone...