• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone Here On Digital TV ?........Watching In 4:3 Format Spoilt My LCD TV !

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone here got the free-to-air digital tv broadcast liao boh ?...............are tv programs in widescreen format or 4:3 ?:confused:

after months of watching tv in 4:3 format..............i switched to widescreen mode and there's 2 vertical lines on the left and right sides of the screen (boundaries for 4:3):mad:

also the areas of the screen beyond the 2 vertical ''boundaries'' are dimmer than the middle portion of the screen !:mad:

i know Toshiba is jialat at LCD TVs but this is ridiculous..............is there anyway to fix this (factory reset ??)....or will i get any help from the service centre ?

the Toshiba service centre here SUCKS big-time but can i expect them to get me a new LCD panel or do i have to live with the issue ?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
looks like only I got this problem...........:(

surely some people here can tell me if digital tv broadcast is widescreen or not mah.......:confused:

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Internet streaming TV is digital TV.

Press the aspect ratio button to adjust and make it 16:9 loh!

Then everything looks fat!

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
7 ESTATES NOW DIGITAL TV-READY
MDA also revealed that seven estates here are now ready to receive digital broadcast signals using indoor antennae. These estates are Bukit Batok, Jurong East, Ang Mo Kio, Clementi, Bukit Timah, Bukit Panjang and Choa Chu Kang South.
Digital transmission is expected to be fully rolled out by 2016.
Telco M1 was appointed to manage the roll-out of the Digital TV Assistance Scheme in July, and will progressively supply and install the necessary equipment for all eligible households. It would also resolve any technical issues related to the equipment and installation over the next two to three years.

An M1 spokesman said it takes an average of 15 minutes per installation, mostly for user training. Eligible households can contact M1 to make an appointment, or they can self-collect the equipment from any M1 retail outlets.

To facilitate installation of digital TV in homes, MediaCorp is rolling out its digital broadcasting infrastructure at the same time to allow all residential homes to receive digital signals.

- CNA/kk

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
7 ESTATES NOW DIGITAL TV-READY
MDA also revealed that seven estates here are now ready to receive digital broadcast signals using indoor antennae. These estates are Bukit Batok, Jurong East, Ang Mo Kio, Clementi, Bukit Timah, Bukit Panjang and Choa Chu Kang South.
Digital transmission is expected to be fully rolled out by 2016.
Telco M1 was appointed to manage the roll-out of the Digital TV Assistance Scheme in July, and will progressively supply and install the necessary equipment for all eligible households. It would also resolve any technical issues related to the equipment and installation over the next two to three years.

An M1 spokesman said it takes an average of 15 minutes per installation, mostly for user training. Eligible households can contact M1 to make an appointment, or they can self-collect the equipment from any M1 retail outlets.

To facilitate installation of digital TV in homes, MediaCorp is rolling out its digital broadcasting infrastructure at the same time to allow all residential homes to receive digital signals.

- CNA/kk

my dear goondu of a friend.........if I have digital tv broadcast, I wouldn't be asking other people liao mah.....

even if people know where I stay so what..........they're gonna send me money meh ?

my question to those that have it is whether the local tv shows are in widescreen format or 4:3..........